Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Firewarrior Positions/Stances
Old 14 Oct 2005, 04:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to gego_cybor1
Default Firewarrior Positions/Stances

I recently bought a box of firewarriors but I dont want to asemble them the default way. I want to make them different and give them different positions. I am currently making one in a prone position but its not coming out very good...

Has anyone ever done this? If so can u tell me what you did or give me any ideas for different positions?

Thanks

Join the Tauonline Runescape Clan!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?board=90.0
I'm a Leader
gego_cybor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2005, 04:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: Firewarrior Positions/Stances

I made a "come and get me" shas'ui once. take the right arm with the pulse rifle in the air. It's usually supposed to have a left arm with a sensor. Point the gun at the enemy instead; it looks like he's balancing it in his armpit and firing. pretty elite

Now take the left arm that's SUPPOSED to hold a gun. It's empty. Point it straight out, and it looks like he's doing the come get me thing like in the matrix. really awesome pose.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 04:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I wouldnt suggest a prone position, sure the enemy cant see you as easily and of course you cant see them. Id suggest keeping your poses in either a crouch or standing. Remember this is a game as well as a hobby. We have to be somewhat practical.

I used the pair of legs with the right knee bent and left leg out forward with the torso straight on. Then the arms holding the pulse rifle loosly I angled slightly up so it looked like the shas'la was raising the gun and I then angled his head back. I guess you could assume a greater daemon just appeared in front of him, poor guy.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2005, 08:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to gego_cybor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
I guess you could assume a greater daemon just appeared in front of him, poor guy.
Haha lol thats great I will do that.

Quote:
I wouldnt suggest a prone position, sure the enemy cant see you as easily and of course you cant see them. Id suggest keeping your poses in either a crouch or standing. Remember this is a game as well as a hobby. We have to be somewhat practical.
DOH! Its too late for me...I already glued the firewarrior down... I think I will just stick some tall grass around him or somtin to try to cover him more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaldun
I made a "come and get me" shas'ui once.* take the right arm with the pulse rifle in the air.* It's usually supposed to have a left arm with a sensor.* Point the gun at the enemy instead; it looks like he's balancing it in his armpit and firing.* pretty elite

Now take the left arm that's SUPPOSED to hold a gun.* It's empty.* Point it straight out, and it looks like he's doing the come get me thing like in the matrix.* really awesome pose.

Wow that is awsome. I will be making this pose for sure!

Thanks Vash and Khaldun for the advice. I will try and post some pics up when I finish painting them.

Join the Tauonline Runescape Clan!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?board=90.0
I'm a Leader
gego_cybor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2005, 08:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
I used the pair of legs with the right knee bent and left leg out forward with the torso straight on. Then the arms holding the pulse rifle loosly I angled slightly up so it looked like the shas'la was raising the gun and I then angled his head back. I guess you could assume a greater daemon just appeared in front of him, poor guy.
i did i diorama about that, its a FW using the crouched legs and i tilted his head up. then theres a bunch of terminators teleporting in right infront of him. Ive got a little plack at the bottom that says " Damn! i knew i should've brought a bigger gun."

Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2005, 08:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
I wouldnt suggest a prone position, sure the enemy cant see you as easily and of course you cant see them.
Are you kidding? The prone position is not only the safest (presenting the smallest target to the enemy), it's also the most stable for the purposes of aiming a weapon. Your elbows end up forming a bipod, so there is much less wiggling. I can see you've never fired a rifle while standing! The only potential issue is being able to see the enemy, which is an issue in tall grass or if you pick a particularly low piece of ground to lie in. A soldier can tell at a glance where to flop down for the best balance of being able to see the enemy while presenting the least possible target to him.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
march10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2005, 15:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

My Firewarrior that I put in a prone position looks great. I call him my sniper.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Sanctum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2005, 15:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Could assemble a pair I suppose, with one using the drone controller/scanner as a scanner/coms gear looking the same way as the guy next to him with a pair of devilfish binoculars?
Tastyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2005, 15:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

When I get home I will see if I can get my camera and take a pic of him.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Sanctum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2005, 17:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

hmm. left arm holding the gun at a 45 degree upward angle. right arm with grenade. looks very cool.

running legs. angle the torso so its centre is facing off to the left, or right of taus groin area. get one of the rifle arms that have the gun at the hip. pose it so rifle is almost facing backward. place left arm facing either straight down, oe slightly backward and stick a grenade in it, or an ammo clip. so you have a running tau about to shoulder butt someone.

use the right arm holding the gun up. file off the ammo clip behind the pistol grip. left arm thats supposed to hold the gun: chop a roughly rectangular piece of plastic off a sprue and put it in his left arm grip. looks like he's reloading.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote