Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Purist or Mixed
View Poll Results: Is your army pure Tau, do you use Kroot, or Gue'vesa, or both?
Kroot and Gue'vesa 16 38.10%
Kroot 20 47.62%
Gue'vesa 2 4.76%
Kroot and Gue'vesa 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 12 Oct 2005, 23:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Purist or Mixed

Well we have all heard the question or hybrid, mech or static. But what about the actual races in your army.

Do you use all Tau?

Do you use Tau and Kroot?

Do you use Tau and Gue'vesa?

Or do you use all three?

What are the races represented in your army?

Personally my army is pure Tau, I have not yet found a good use for Gue'vesa or Kroot in my army but I intend to get a unit of Vespids and Gue'vesa when the new codex comes out and give them a try.

Old 12 Oct 2005, 23:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Purist or Mixed

I guess I'm enough of a powergamer to base my inclusion of non-Tau troops on usefulness, not fluff. I'll use Kroot fairly regularly, but I don't use humans. Not worth it when Kroot are available.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 23:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via ICQ to LtCariad

I use Kroot because they fill a great purpose in my army. They are really useful compared to their low cost.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 00:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

For being able to out-shoot fw's, have great cc ability, infiltrate, fieldcraft, and all for 7 points.... kroot make an excellent addition to a tau army. What situations AREN'T they good for? Besides planet bowling ball.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 00:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

pure, for one thing Sept R'ed Dwerf is a highly xenophobic Sept, also however, gue'vesa aren't nearly cheap enough to be that bad, and there's just not enough large forests for Kroot, and in what world can Kroot outshoot the noble Fire Warriors?

Tau 9/3/0 Space Wolves 50/28/15

RAAAAAARGH!
what now?
raaaaaargh.
oh.

I'll beat you down with my ukos!
whats ukos mean?
never mind
I can chew through metal bars, spit acid, carry in one hand weapons that normal men have to mount on tanks, I'm then ft. tall, can eat rocks, and your telling my I don't get lunch break?!?!?! I bet you do. mmmmhmmmm, riiiiight.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 00:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Kroot outshoot by numbers. For 5 Fire Warriors, you can have 7 Kroot. You get more guns at the same BS with one less S and AP. If in cover, this can outshoot Fire Warriors in some cases, especially since you can have plenty more Kroot in a single squad than Fire Warriors. By strength, the Fire Warriors outshoot the Kroot by a lot.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 00:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I've a Tau Army, Gue'Vesa Army and a Kroot army. When I want to use any of the other races, I just auxiliary their troops into my Tau army.

The original Tau army is purist, but I can have either races if I wish to.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 07:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

I have Tau and Kroot. And I play hybrid mech. Kroot are great, I'm not sure about Gue'Vesa though, as I don't have the resources to convert them.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 09:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I play all three , I love to use the full and complete power of the Tau empire and once the vespids come out there in the army too.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 13 Oct 2005, 10:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG

I use both Kroot and Gue'vesa, aswell as sometimes fighting with a pure army. It mainly depends on what the senario is. Depending on that, I incorporate either the Kroot or the Gue'vesa in my force.

Very usefull

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Closed Thread