Yes 0 0%
Maybe 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 11 Oct 2005, 07:35   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Does it seem that the 'Tau Empire' is becomming 40k's 'Covenant'

I am Tau all the way, but since this new species, the Vespids, I've started to wonder.
Just think about it, we have 3(4) species,(not counting Tau themselves) and now we are getting another.
Kroot Hounds
Kroot
Krootox
Gue'vesa - Humans
(Gnarlac/Great Gnarlac) - Forge World
(Kroot Bird) - Unconfirmed
Vespids
* * *(Technically Kroot and all dirivatives are the 'same'... but not quite)
Tell all what you think.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 07:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG
Default Re: Does it seem that the 'Tau Empire' is becomming 40k's 'Covenant'

I agree that the Tau do seem to be overwhelmed with other species, however the Tau'va explains all of this. The Tau believe that all the races in the galaxy should live together in harmoney and peace and that everybody has their place in life. If an alien race joins the Tau to help them in their goal, the Tau are only too happy to take them on in their fight for the greater good.

by the way... I can't seem to vote... In anycase, my answer would be yes

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 07:48   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I have my own theory...

The Tau Empire has reached such a size as it has become "hollow" in terms of manpower; all their forces are on the edge. They cannot spare sufficient Firewarriors to form a reserve without crippling their forward positions. The solution? Get other races to fight on the front, leaving them surplus Hunter Cadres to act as internal guards and reserve lines.

Thus the Tau need other races to survive; without their auxiliaries, they are dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 11 Oct 2005, 07:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I have my own theory...

The Tau Empire has reached such a size as it has become "hollow" in terms of manpower; all their forces are on the edge. They cannot spare sufficient Firewarriors to form a reserve without crippling their forward positions. The solution? Get other races to fight on the front, leaving them surplus Hunter Cadres to act as internal guards and reserve lines.

Thus the Tau need other races to survive; without their auxiliaries, they are dead.
I agree that the Tau are running out of man power to protect their borders from the wild universe of 40k. However, since they are so technologically advanced, why don't they just build other types of robots (other than drones) to fill in the gaps. It would just be nice to see a new Tau unit and not just another Tau auxil.

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 10:07   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrdiG
I agree that the Tau are running out of man power to protect their borders from the wild universe of 40k. However, since they are so technologically advanced, why don't they just build other types of robots (other than drones) to fill in the gaps. It would just be nice to see a new Tau unit and not just another Tau auxil.
Because if they did, the Tau would go extinct. It was exactly that sort of thinking that reduced the Imperium into the fragmented, infighting, paranoid Empire it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 11 Oct 2005, 11:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The Tau are pretty much like some of the ancient/medieval dynasties of China; anyone who kow-tows and follows imperial policy gets to trade and generally be part of the Chinese tributary system. And the use of "barbarian" auxilia troops have been used by many empires throughout history, often to guard the borderlands against other "barbarians". A more interesting question would be whether the Tau would be in danger of expanding too far, so that they were no longer the dominant species of their empire... Its never fun when those tough barbarians decide they might just be running the entire show themselves.

The Eldar Rule:

"If any model with the special rule Eldar! is on the battlefield the player may instantly declare victory and arrogantly storm out of the room. They may also claim any models, cash or cookies that are in the room."

I want to put to the record that I wholeheartedly support this rule and think GW should adopt it whenever they redo the Eldar codex. Cash and cookies are always good, and arrogantly storming out is an underrated pasttime
Old 11 Oct 2005, 14:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares
The Tau are pretty much like some of the ancient/medieval dynasties of China; anyone who kow-tows and follows imperial policy gets to trade and generally be part of the Chinese tributary system. And the use of "barbarian" auxilia troops have been used by many empires throughout history, often to guard the borderlands against other "barbarians". A more interesting question would be whether the Tau would be in danger of expanding too far, so that they were no longer the dominant species of their empire... Its never fun when those tough barbarians decide they might just be running the entire show themselves.
Exept I dont think they want to. None of the races under the Tau seem likely to even want to rise up anytime soon. The Imperial Gue'vesa have more than they could have ever dreamed of in the Imperium, the Kroot have freedom and protection aswell as technological aid. I dont know that much about the vespids or nicassar but neither of them seem to have a reason to rebel. The Tau are kind and generous masters if they can even be called masters, those races could do no better and they prosper under the aid of the Tau. Each race needs the others just as each caste needs the others. Building on strenghts to eliminate weaknesses, alone they fall, together they stand. Simple as that.

Old 11 Oct 2005, 15:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

wargamer. your claims that the tau shas forces are stretched thin is not true. When the tau claim a world, or in reality, a sept (system) they will not push on until that sept is completely self sufficient.

tau have other alein races in their empire, because thats their creed. the greater good exists for everyone.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 11 Oct 2005, 15:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The Niccassar are definately given the freedom to explore that they so desire, and the protection of the Kor'Vattra (sp?) if they get into problems. And if the Vespid fluff in the Rumours section is to be believed, the Vespid are given A LOT of personal safety by the Tau, a comparitavely meaningful life, and plenty of chances to mate safely and perform in a real society.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 16:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

Maybe this is off-topic but who are the Niccassar? Is this another race that will come with the new codex?
And are there any pics? ???

And as many said, Tau live in harmony with other races. Just because Humanity, Eldar (both), Ork, Nids and Orks can't live with other races doesn't mean that Tau cannot.
If you ask me humanity is more stupid in 40k then it is now ... They don't even know how a lightswitch works, as a mather of speaking. There just like animals that can simple reproduce what they see and reproduce :
Tau should rule ... maybe that's too mush ... but they should definitely be given the chance, if only Humanity wasn't so d*mn skared about what they call alien contamination. :-\

Greetz

Closed Thread