Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

TAU Tactics
Closed Thread
Old 10 Oct 2005, 21:55   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default TAU Tactics

Hey Every one Feel Free to discus Tau Tactics here.
And help anyone that needs it.

Peace

Spike >

Edit by RJay: Why make the topic if you yourself aren't going to start it? I don't doubt if anyone wanted to discuss issues with tactics they would make a thread about it themselves, so the reason for this thread being what? Other than raising your post count that is...* :
Old 11 Oct 2005, 08:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG
Default Re: TAU Tactics

Being a seeker freak, I have most of my army loaded in devifish if they don't have jetpacks, for mobility. I also kit them all with seekers and give markerlights to everyone who can take them.

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 21:53   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrdiG
Being a seeker freak, I have most of my army loaded in devifish if they don't have jetpacks, for mobility. I also kit them all with seekers and give markerlights to everyone who can take them.
Does this config work for you? >
Old 12 Oct 2005, 00:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I guess you could say my army is very elite, in that whenever possible every squad has a shas'ui or shas'vre team leader, my commander is a shas'o, all my squads that it would be usefull have been bonded aswell. My army has a lot of upgrades but uses it well, I have a lot of tricks to draw on, in an outright fight my army can hold its own but it doesnt have the numbers to fight prolongued mass firefights because, well attrition takes its toll fast on my army.

Speed, and concentration of fire come into play often but more importantly my opponent never knows what to look for, where to look for it, or when. They could be hiding their Tanks from my Railheads and my Shas'O steps out from some rubble and jams his fusion blaster the view port. He could be skirting the edges of my Firewarriors fire lines only to take a nice submunition or two. My opponents never know what my army is doing or what it is going to do at any given time. For though a unit could be engaged at one location it could break off without too much trouble and go to reinforce another part of the battlefield.

Though my army looks split often, it never is. Every unit can cover at least two of the others and be covered by them in return, so while my force may be spread out, any particular part of the board has the possibility to end up under fire from half of my army at any given time.

Thats the jist of my tactics but they generally change on the fly, my army is going mechanized and I am adding more Firewarriors just to get more numbers in my army... and because my mounted squad (the Irregulars) has kicked serious *** in the past. Being agressive with Firewarriors works more than you would think. Sure Im closer to being charged but if an opponent survives to charge me Im impressed.

Old 12 Oct 2005, 01:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Learn when to run...

Only expirence can do this.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 12 Oct 2005, 07:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Tau Tactics.. is there a point to this thread?

There is already the Important Topics Sticky at the top of this board that links to plenty of tactic threads, along with an expansive tactics index (all threads pre-2005) also linked to there. And it also helps if tactics are discussed in their own specific threads, it stops them getting confused and keeps everything related.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 10:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ maCe
link=topic=12509.msg204310#msg204310 date=1129101089]
Tau Tactics.. is there a point to this thread?

There is already the Important Topics Sticky at the top of this board that links to plenty of tactic threads, along with an expansive tactics index (all threads pre-2005) also linked to there. And it also helps if tactics are discussed in their own specific threads, it stops them getting confused and keeps everything related.
And with that I'll say Locked for the above reasons. I'd like to point out one thing though, people create topics when they want to discuss something, that is their purpose, hence starting a topic like how you started this one is rather irritating. Strangely enough most people will ignore it and post there thoughts in their own topics where they can solely discuss their ideas. Which of course leads this topic to be useless (as stated by mace), thus we don't really like topics to start in the nature you started it (the only exception being the Tau FAQ thread, for obvious reasons...).

Lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Closed Thread