Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The League campaign of Portadown College: the story so far
Closed Thread
Old 08 Oct 2005, 01:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to shas_o_bbq_sauce Send a message via Yahoo to shas_o_bbq_sauce
Default The League campaign of Portadown College: the story so far

Right. Tiem to report some of my battles. Currently in my colege we are having a league. and I shall report in on my battles. ^^ we have just finsihed the 3rd week and are going into the fourth. Here are the highlights with the first three of my matches. here is what I have brought alot to this party:

Shas'o with 'dual' plasma rifles, a flamer, 2 sheild drones and a gun drone and a multi-tracker

2 squads of 12 fire warriors, the leaders having marklights.

2 shas'ui battlessuits with 'dual' plasma rifles, 2 sheild drones each and a drone controller, multi-tracker

Hammerhead with rail gun and the burst cannon option

total: 747 points

The Tash'var tau Vs. The Ice blue necrons:

The necron chooses sides and deploys first, the tau win the role and go first. Tau open up with 2 shas'ui battle suits moving up, and the shas'o. the hammer head stays static.as do the firewarriors.

with a clear view, the FW lleader start shooting, his markerlight missing its hit on the heavy destroyer. "meh, I get him with the other squad" I thought. the next marker misses on a one, then I shoot with the railgun on my hammerhead, which misses, grr. The battles suits take down a destroyer and the scarabs. The necron turn see the return of the destroyed destroyer. the heavy destory imoblizes the hammerhead. the general shootings takes a good few. next turn the heavy destroyer gets a face full of railgun and dies without a regen. No combat in the entire. the match ends with the 6 turn limit. the necrons winning.

The T'V Tau vs. the plague of nurgle:

The match played out with my army being totally destory, not even a solemn drone being left. but it turned out he had over 200 extra on his list. but it was a mistake on his part. this will be redone in the furuture.

The T'V tau vs. the witch hunters:

Only one squard of sister and a cannoness, the rest IG. the witchhunters get first turn, taking the hammerhead out with a lascannon on the side armour. that pissed me off that I push one of my freinds into a wall. two fire warriors died on behalf of the sisters. My turn saw the advance of the battlesuit, leaving the sisters all dead in one turn bar 3 sisters and the cannoness. The drones pin the sister squad and the Storm trooper squad. he strips my battlessuits of their drones in his turn. my turn, I finish off the last of the sisters. The cannoness eriously clsoe to my shas'o. his turn, the cannoness adavance, just out of range to charge. my firewarriors stand up to many a shot, only 2 dieing. i my turn, the cannoness with her rosarius and martyr dohicky save her from being instant killed by three plasma rifle shots. but the locker rank, bolstered by a marklight hit, finsihes her off. the match ended with a draw.

Now I'm waiting until monday to draw the next 5 match ups for the 10 combantants. I hope you guys are rooting for me.

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 08 Oct 2005, 06:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: The League campaign of Portadown College: the story so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shas_o_bbq_sauce

...Shas'o with 'dual' plasma rifles, a flamer, 2 sheild drones and a gun drone and a multi-tracker...
Dual as in twin linked? If so, I think it is not necessary to twin link a weapon, if the firer has BS 5
Perhaps you could give him a misslepod/fusion blaster and plasma rifle instead of giving two slots to the plasma rifle.

Radix malorum est cupiditas.
Old 08 Oct 2005, 09:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

that's what i would do, if the guy hits on 2+ take as many weapons as you can pack on him. And his Sissys-o-battle army doesn't seem legal you need at least 1 HQ and 2 Troop choices from your core army before you can take any allies. You guys have tournaments? not enough people who collect 40K where i live for that, since I'm in school most people don't want to collect since they're afraid they'll be labelled as nerds.

Old 08 Oct 2005, 10:18   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to shas_o_bbq_sauce Send a message via Yahoo to shas_o_bbq_sauce

take at look at "Crisis battlesuit Crisis!" and you'll know about the 'dual' thing. and the army lists work on the principle of combat patrol. you know only 1 troop is compulosry. the points are bolsters up. We had some problems with my first list, I had been using a shas'o profile when I had payed for a Shas'el, I just redistrubed the points in wargear to make it legal again. but anyway. NO sign of support? :'(

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 08 Oct 2005, 10:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

If this was a combat patrol you're not allowed to use shas'os at all. your not allowed models with more than 2 wounds.

Old 08 Oct 2005, 12:43   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

wow, we must've forgot about that. well, its too late now to cahnge all the lists soo....

I'll put down the rule for our lists in this:

no 2+ saves of any kind
no vechile armour over 35 (adding FA, SA and BA)
normal army list limits (no army of all termies or completely battle suits)
1 troop is compolsory
no special characters

I think that's all

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 08 Oct 2005, 12:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

actually its no vehicles with armour higher than 33.

Old 08 Oct 2005, 16:51   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

the rules I type out where the set me and the two others who planned this agreeded on. The campaign's background seemed to constitute a larger, more powerful force than combat patrol was allow. we just adapted it to the preference of the campaign.

Anyway. I'm still not here any support from fellow tau players, lol.

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 08 Oct 2005, 17:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah go BBQ! *loads up railguns in case he has to pull BBQs bacon out of the fire*

Old 08 Oct 2005, 20:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

*watches more Tau terribly dissembled*, ouch hope ya win your next one
(for your up coming battle against nurgle, take out every thing with treads/wheels and blast him as you run away.

Tau 9/3/0 Space Wolves 50/28/15

RAAAAAARGH!
what now?
raaaaaargh.
oh.

I'll beat you down with my ukos!
whats ukos mean?
never mind
I can chew through metal bars, spit acid, carry in one hand weapons that normal men have to mount on tanks, I'm then ft. tall, can eat rocks, and your telling my I don't get lunch break?!?!?! I bet you do. mmmmhmmmm, riiiiight.
Closed Thread