Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis Battlesuit Crisis!
Closed Thread
Old 07 Oct 2005, 22:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to shas_o_bbq_sauce Send a message via Yahoo to shas_o_bbq_sauce
Default Crisis Battlesuit Crisis!

Can battles be fielded with two weapons that are unlinked? i.e. you pay the single cost twice for two of, oh, lets say plasma rifles, therefore making them unlinked and firing separately. of course including the markerlight to fire them both.

I'm asking is this legal? is it fair?

I believe it IS fair because you are after all paying that extra cost for the abilities to rapid fire 4, str6 ap2 shots at your enemy. It says nothing in the codex to deny you the ability. Please voice your opinion. It has perplexed me for over a year now.

I suggest you try the unlinked weapons (I term as 'dual' on my army list), I reduced a nurgle marine squad of 7 to 1 with two battlesuits equipped with Dual plasma rifles and a multi-tracker, without the aid of their drone Friends.

???

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 07 Oct 2005, 22:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Crisis Battlesuit Crisis!

That would be sick. I don't think thats how they work though. Sorry.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 07 Oct 2005, 22:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Actually this is not legal. It says in the codex that two weapons of the same type must be twin linked. I quote the codex:

"It is possible to mount the same weapon system (not if it is a flamer though) on two hard points instead of one. The two weapons will then fire like a single twin-linked weapon."

As you can see it specificly states that when using the same weapon on two hard points they become twin linked. This is all the codex says so there is no option to have "duel weapons," as this is unfair and overpowered.

Old 07 Oct 2005, 22:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shas_o_bbq_sauce
Can battles be fielded with two weapons that are unlinked? i.e. you pay the single cost twice for two of, oh, lets say plasma rifles, therefore making them unlinked and firing separately. of course including the markerlight to fire them both.

I'm asking is this legal? is it fair?

I believe it IS fair because you are after all paying that extra cost for the abilities to rapid fire 4, str6 ap2 shots at your enemy. It says nothing in the codex to deny you the ability. Please voice your opinion. It has perplexed me for over a year now.

I suggest you try the unlinked weapons (I term as 'dual' on my army list), I reduced a nurgle marine squad of 7 to 1 with two battlesuits equipped with Dual plasma rifles and a markerlight, without the aid of their drone Friends.

???
BBQ Sauce:

Welcome to the Forums.

Page 17 of your codex explains why this is not possible under Crisis Suit Weapons. You may not field the same weapon system twice, unless you are twin-linking them. It further states you may not take the same weapon system three times; for the same reason you cannot take the same weapon twice.

You have three hard points. You can fill all three with weapons if you wish; but you cannot fill them with the same weapon more than once, unless you are twin-linked the weapon (and you may not do this with Flamers at all).

I hope this hasn't kept you from sleeping too long, the past year

Cheers!
Old 07 Oct 2005, 22:36   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to shas_o_bbq_sauce Send a message via Yahoo to shas_o_bbq_sauce

Heh, its just bothered me with matches. Anyway, I have been asking my oppoenents wether they mind. Knowone has said n

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 07 Oct 2005, 22:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shas_o_bbq_sauce
Heh, its just bothered me with matches. Anyway, I have been asking my oppoenents wether they mind. Knowone has said n
Now that's odd!

I can't imagine a few opponents that are "ok" with several Crisis Suits that each can fire up to 4 plasma rapid fire shots, especially when guided via markerlights. I can just imagine the little groans from those Marine players. Now if they're guardsmen or guardians, then I can understand why they didn't really mind so much hehe.

Anyhow - welcome again to the Forums. Be sure to introduce yourself in the Introductions board, and have a look at the Rules and everything in the Announcement board. Also, check out the Posting Guidelines here on the Tau board and check out the stickies and all.

Cheers!
Old 08 Oct 2005, 01:10   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I can't imagine a few opponents that are "ok" with several Crisis Suits that each can fire up to 4 plasma rapid fire shots
[/quote]

Heh. I still lost the match. but it turned out. He had counted his army list wrong. The point limit was 750. He had 922 >

He was nurgle, but he was counting the veteran skills you have to give as a single point cost. I mean he gave his entire psoessed marine squad demonic flight for only 25 POINT!!!!!

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 08 Oct 2005, 01:48   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I've been watching my friend play chaos space marines with all of those vetern up-grades which basically make him even more deadly in CC. Yeah, at 25 points for the whole unit each marine would only get the swiss-army knife upgrade...
Old 08 Oct 2005, 06:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you expected chaos to show up to a 750 point battle with 750 points? silly tau! ;D

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 08 Oct 2005, 10:06   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

there chaos so it is likly that they will have more points or have somthing nasty > hidden away in the army, i know my dad has a chaos army in all 5 years i've played i've only beaton chaos 1 time :'(.

coun'bei