Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Back after a long time! Thinking of going Farsight.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 18:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to LoneDragon Send a message via MSN to LoneDragon Send a message via Yahoo to LoneDragon
Default Back after a long time! Thinking of going Farsight.

The last time I played was almost 2 years ago and before that it was over a year... After sorting out most of my real life issues, I have all of my stuff out of storage and would like to get back into the game as much as my limited income will allow.

I started playing with the first codex, and I always wanted to play an all battlesuit army, but have just played vanilla Tau the whole time. I cant seem to figure out exactly how Farsight works out with the new detachment rules...what exactly do I have to do to get Crisis suits as troops?

The only thing I dont like about Farsight is the lack of access to Shadowsun. I got her when she first came out and she has served me well...last time I fielded her, she killed a Dreadnought with overwatch fire. Is there any way to ally Farsight with Shadowsun without taking Fire Warriors?

Here is what I have that I am thinking of playing in my Farsight army: 8 Stealthsuits, 2 Piranha, 7 total Crisis suits, 6 Sniper Drones w/ 2 spotters, lots of Gun Drones....

The first things I need to get are a Riptide and a Ghostkeel, then Broadsides. I have 2 of the old style Broadsides that I can convert to Crisis suits once I have new ones to replace them.

Thats all for now. Please post any suggestions or if you know the answers to my questions...I'll be posting again shortly with my thoughts on Crisis Suit configurations.

Always use Stealthsuits.

2000 points of Tau, no Kroot

HeroScape rules!
LoneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2015, 19:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to LoneDragon Send a message via MSN to LoneDragon Send a message via Yahoo to LoneDragon

Most of my experience has been with Fireknife and Deathrain suits. I like running my Crisis suits in pairs. Im thinking of trying out Helios and whatever dual Plasma Rifles is called. Dual CIB also seems like it might be fun to try.

As far as the third hardpoint is concerned, I have had several ideas from giving the whole army vectored retro-thrusters to giving them all stim injectors. I also thought maybe give(at least the short range and deepstriking suits) Flamers for overwatch.

Is there any good support system for Stealthsuits or is it better to save points? Also not related to Crisis but I forgot to ask in the first post, what are the general feelings on Missile Drones and Shielded Missile Drones? I'd be sold on them except Drone Controllers dont work on them.

Always use Stealthsuits.

2000 points of Tau, no Kroot

HeroScape rules!
LoneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote