Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Possible Tau Strategy Using Markerlights?
Old 22 Jun 2015, 20:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Lightbulb New Possible Tau Strategy Using Markerlights?

So this idea just hit me like a brick to the head just a couple of seconds ago while I was molding Iridium armor for my commander as I was going to base shoulder pads off of the broadsides.

Anyway as an infantry unit the broadsides must stand still to fire the heavy weapons which leave them open to stationary fire and assaults. However I just realized that you can use markerlights even while snapshotting, so why not move your broadsides if you have the markerlights to support them moving because all you need is 2 lights to regain their BS back which applies to the entire unit. So having this land in my cranium box, it left possibilities of a mobile broadside teams.

Let me know if you guys have tried this before and how effective it is I might end up trying it out next game just to see how it works.

Last edited by LastRaven; 22 Jun 2015 at 20:11. Reason: Misspelled :/
LastRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2015, 14:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yep, it's one of the advantages of markerlights. Works with anything that is reduced to snap firing (with the exception of template weapons obviously). The only trouble is of course that you need to factor these lights into the total light usage of your list, which pushes up the cost of your collective markerlight budget by 2 hits per broadside team you intend to keep mobile.

I have most often used this tactic on vehicles that needed to get the hell out of dodge but then still wanted to shoot something.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2015, 16:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sounds like a plan I usually take 1 railside team since people seem to enjoy playing less against me when I bring missilesides, and 12 ML on average now with my lists, which might have to lose 4 of them with the bodyguard thing. I suppose the vehicle thing is a great idea I'll have to test this theory with my next list.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 18:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Now, just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should. Railsides have a 60" range, they shouldn't really need to be moving that often unless they were deployed in an unfavourable way.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2015, 19:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well yes obviously, but most of the players I play are love to bum rush my railsides as they usually take the high ground to stay stationary the entire game. This just makes it so they can defend themselves or if for whatever reason I don't happen to be in range of something or if I'm rocking missilesides which have far less range then the rails.