Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

18 Stealth Suits?
Old 21 Apr 2015, 17:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 18 Stealth Suits?

This idea i really like. They don't stand to Crisis Suits obviously, and i already have a team of 6 with 2 Fusion Blasters. Would 18 Stealth Suits with 2 Fusions each to fill all of my Elite slots be effective? For a total of 12 Burst Cannons and 6 Fusion Blasters (Its cheaper to buy 3 Stealth Suits rather than spend 65$ on 3 Crisis Suits) What problems would this face and can it be effective?
roya1b100d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2015, 19:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well heres the thing when it comes to stealth suits they are kind of like the difference from kroot and firewarriors one benefits over the other in this case stealth is cheaper has 1 less hp and is limited to firing one weapon, but under cover can get a 2+ save and greatly benefits from having commander shadowsun, on the other hand the crisis have 1 more hp can fire two different weapons even a single+twin link and truth be told if your going with the farsight enclave you can do both have a full rack of stealth and a full rack of crisis, other than that its all up to you.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It works okay. I tried a just for fun all cover saves army once... it wasn't competitive levels of good, but it was okay and very thematic.
The best way to go about it in my opinion would be to go Farsight Enclave and use the stealth suits all with burst cannons to replace your anti infantry needs while using your crisis suits to provide heavy support (really all the other support). 18 is probably more than you will need (I have never found the room in my list to bring 18), but 12 would work out alright.
Stealth suits mostly work well as harassment units. Battlesuits are the workhorses of the army, they get stuff done and do it right! Honestly, despite being more expensive, I think battlesuits are the way to go.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2015, 00:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Like button has been pressed!