Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tactica: [C.A.L.T.R.O.P.S.] (peanut gallery, most welcome!)
Old 24 Apr 2015, 14:23   #21 (permalink)
Shas'La

heh I was gonna say you have an incomplete fire support cadre there! although im interested why a skyray when you can rock another riptide with skyfire?
Old 24 Apr 2015, 20:08   #22 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Skyray has initial 6 rockets, and skyfire w/ dual bs4 markerlights... gives me the chance at applying nocover to a tankhunter broadside unit... makes certain that any critical transportation is truly eliminated.

Gundrones can hop in with shadowsun for a 4model unit. Keeping her safe at times when it'll need her to run around a lot.

Riptide is enough as is. But a Riptide with skyfire costs a lot, and isn't nearly as reliable as the skyray - at least on a MUST GET THAT FLYER THIS TURN OR ELSE moments. Haha
MekLeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2015, 21:24   #23 (permalink)
Shas'La

I Feel ya I feel ya I'm used to Blood and Darks who destroy my skyrays in one shot so tis why I find them useless.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 21:27   #24 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm used to fully flyer based hammernator deployed w/ nought in face against tau gunline, w/ just one turn to not lose haha
Old 24 Apr 2015, 21:29   #25 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ethereal in there mainly for ld10 - a must to consider my broadsides to last thru morale. Furthermore, fnp6 or move+run+sbapshot-with-twinlinked, very cool w/ broadsides!!!!
Old 25 Apr 2015, 01:42   #26 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I felt having the opponents try to take down the skyray, which is essentially just a markerlight source beyond its salvo, with frustrating levels of cover saves... better than squeezing sniper rounds into the kroot.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 01:43   #27 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Did I mention that putting this with 2 imperial walkers makes 2,000pts? xD
Old 25 Apr 2015, 05:42   #28 (permalink)
Shas'La

Holy cow! Thats a manta bro!
Old 25 Apr 2015, 13:51   #29 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Being that it doesn't require snapshots to hit, I am confidential the 1250 Core can deal 5 HP to it initial turn it arrives, with it's insane 4+ invulnerable save I can't nocover on... it'd only have the heavy railgun to doublestrength my drones and broadsides, so fnp6 will be handy. As will shadowsuns stealth/shroud on the forward broadside unit (which provides cover then to the broadside unit behind). I won't say multiple turns of mass fire wont whittle away the wounds... but if the other 750 was two walkers, that's 4 more highstrength shots with tankhunter-ish effects too...

The skyray allows for a baseball bat worth of punch to the face against flyers... boosting the broadsides incredibly. It's there to take fire, a [L ure] that keeps the good stuff alive another turn... disruption pod is there to make things difficult hehe

If there's something better for it's role, awesome. Dualtide in 1250 is incredible ... but id need strip this two HQ+2troop+dualtide+dualbroadside to fit... might not work as well..
whatya think?

Last edited by MekLeN; 25 Apr 2015 at 14:08.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 14:05   #30 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

It'd be difficult for me to face flyers as well... but it'd be more potent against everything and everyone else, for sure.

full size: http://s2.postimg.org/k1vf6nnw9/1250_Caltropz_2.jpg

It'd be difficult for me to face flyers as well... but it'd be more potent against everything and everyone else, for sure.

Last edited by MekLeN; 25 Apr 2015 at 14:08.