Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fluff and gameplay question.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 22:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Fluff and gameplay question.

Ok, back again. this time i have two questions. One is due to the fact that I have misplaced my Tau codex, and my battlescribe is confusing me; the question is can we now have twinlinked or dual weapons? This was probably answered a while back and I forgot. I haven't played for a while and I noticed that my commander has dual MP's on him. so Im guessing yes duals, but I seek confirmation. Ok, on to my second question. This one is a fluff question. Are the farsight enclaves and O'shovah largely ignored by the Tau empire? Or are they at war with each other; or completely unknown to them? That is all.
(Rai'xar roughly translates to 'cut off armor', thus 'rendmetal')

Skyfire Cadre: 1589 points
RendMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2015, 02:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You may run your battlesuits with either 2 separate, or a single twin-linked weapon using 2 hard points of attached weapons. You could even run a combination if you wanted and have a twin-linked weapon and a regular weapon, though I think that'd be a bit overkill (I do like it for making a thematic XV9 commander with 2 twin-linked burst cannons though).

As for Farsight, it's kind of a muddy bit of Tau fluff. The Farsight Enclave was originally the end of the Second Sphere expansion, it lost it ethereals and went off course hunting orks into uncharted space where it stopped transmitting back to the Empire. Farsight and the colonizer ships were assumed lost and destroyed. Eventually Tau ships during the Third Sphere Expansion stumbled upon a heavily fortified section of space that was distinctly Tau. They realized it was Farsight and declared him and his Enclave to be dangerous radicals who strayed from the greater good. Despite that Farsight still fights for the greater good and has recently set off to fight the incoming Hive Fleets in support of the empire.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2015, 02:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

oh, ok. thanks. that answers both questions! and the whole farsight thing is a pretty ambiguous piece of fluff. thanks for clarifying. anyway... time to go bring the greater good to some local IG players. dual flamers and a BC for the win!

Old 23 Feb 2015, 18:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Don't forget your fusion blasters either! Mechanized guard are a hard nut the crack.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2015, 20:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

oh, i know quite well. learned how tough leman russes are the hard way. my poor devilfish... but yeh, got a full squad of fusion/plasma xv8's ready to show the poor Gue'la what freedom feels like!