Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

XV25 Stealth team stats
Old 29 Nov 2014, 04:59   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default XV25 Stealth team stats

Hi guys,
Just want to ask, Does anyone know the stats for the XV25 stealth team from the Tau Empire?

(Well of course lots of people know the stats I'd just like to know what they are)

Thanks, Rexamite
Rexamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2014, 06:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm afraid that I can't really help you there. It violates GWs intellectual property rights to post full statlines for individual models. If you have a more specific question, for instance, about how to run stealth suits, or a special rule you don't understand, I'd be more than happy to help out. Other than that, I suggest just looking it up in your codex (the most important part of any army).
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2014, 20:09   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah ok thanks,
I guess the one that bugs me the most would be the Hit and Run ability, could you please explain?

thanks, Rexamite
Old 30 Nov 2014, 07:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It's not the most important rule in the world for Tau as we want to be out of combat as much as possible; but it can be useful as a tiny upgrade to a unit.

Basically if one model in a unit has hit and run the unit can leave combat at the end of any close combat phase by rolling equal to or below its initiative value on a d6, you then run 3d6" away and the enemy can't run you down. The value of this is that it lets you break away from getting locked down in combat without having to directly lose and risk getting swept by the enemy overrunning you (for close combat focused armies it also means they could charge every turn if they want).
Old 30 Nov 2014, 18:30   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks Carrelio,
Thats actually quite useful seeing as I usually go up against Tyranids with my stealth team (I usually lose) and also SMs and Eldar (usually lose as well).

Thanks again, Rexamite
Old 30 Nov 2014, 18:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Do you only have 3 models (4 if you include the drone)? If so it will be pretty difficult to do much or change things up (at the point where you just have single units its more than possible that one unit hard-counters the other one, meaning no matter what happens there is almost no way for one unit to beat the other one). My best recommendation if you really are only playing with around 100 points of models (as discussed in your other thread) then play a 100 point kill team style game: Each model acts as its own unit and each shot can be divided up independently which increases your chance of success a little since one combat wouldn't just wipe you out.

The important thing to remember in hit and run maneuvers is to pick when to use them. You only want to take advantage of it at the end of the opponent's close combat phase so that you get a turn of moving and shooting at his unit out of it. Otherwise you're just leaving combat to give him a free turn of shooting and another charge with his unit.

Last edited by Carrelio; 30 Nov 2014 at 18:48.