Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

House rules Tau 6e
Old 29 Dec 2013, 13:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default House rules Tau 6e

House rules wh40k
Tau 6e Seeker missiles
In codex Tau, page 68 in the markerkight caption box under the fire Seeker option, ignore the second paragraph which states that a seeker missile must be fierd at the same target as the vehicle's other weapons.

Adaptive warhead When firing a seeker missile the player might opt to use this alternative weapon profile as the missiles on board ai controlled adaptive warhead reconfigures to strike at massed formations of soft targets.
R72" S4 Ap6 H1, Blast, One use only

Hammerhead & Skyray
In the same codex on page 103, under the weapon options for Hammerhead and Skyray, substitute the twin linked burst cannon option for two non-twin linked burst cannons at 10 points. This is thought to work in synergy with the point defence system, giving the Hammerhead/Skyray 8 overwatch shots.
obak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2013, 09:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Seems ok but the seeker missile option seems surplus to requirements considering that even our line troopers have better weapons than that.

The burst cannons I see the point of however it would affect how many weapons the vehicle could fire and therefore how fast it could move. Something to bear in mind.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 09:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Also a Seeker Barrage from a Skyray onto something like Hormagaunts would be brutal/hilarious.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 15:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

the burst cannons aren't twinlinked already

Commander Nightflier's Cadre (Tau): 1000
Dragon Guard (Space Marines): 1000
Halafax Rapiers (Imperial Guard): 600
commander_nightflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2013, 15:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

They are a single Twin-Linked pair, which is why no one uses them when the SMS is a free upgrade.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 16:40   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

it is true that a frag missile loses to a pulse weapon stat wise, but I didn't want to make it too strong, its main purpose would be to expand the usefulness of the skyray.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 06:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sounds like fun, the only problem is that I struggle to get anyone to agree to house-rules when it comes to Tau, purely because they are so successful without them, any amendments to the original rules only improves them in some way.
Emberkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2014, 13:37   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

The group I play with I luckily don't have that problem. My prolem thus far have been people on forums throwing hiss fits at the mere mention of house rules for tau that dare not nerf the space surfs.
I find this rather amusing, since the level of cheese vary in between editions, 99.9% of 40k players will never be asked to accept these rule suggestions, they are by no mean official and I mean to weigh up the improvements in point cost. Still most answers on forums other than this have been along the lines "Lol, U retard3d?", in one forum I was even asked to first rectify every imballance issue before I dared present a house rule.
Constructive criticism is as rare a free thinkers within the Imerium, at the risk of going off topic in my own thread, but some people really hate the new tau.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 21:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah I'll second all that you have said, although as someone who has had far too much success with Tau I ask, who can blame them? Nevertheless I think that your house rules could be a lot of fun, I myself having considered the blast seeker missiles given their Dawn of War counterparts, and I feel that all of these modifications in most ways maintain the integrity of the army.
Emberkahn is offline   Reply With Quote