Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau and the New Nids
Old 10 Dec 2013, 03:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Tau and the New Nids

Partly speculation, although this seems pretty close to what most sources are reporting.
http://www.talkwargaming.com/2013/09...-tyranids.html

This looks ridiculous. Ideas on how Tau deals with this threat? I imagine most teams will just revert back to close combat gods like Mephiston, however as tau we really do not have that option. With T7 monsters running around our S5 weaponry is going to mean nothing. What does everyone think?
Emberkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2013, 08:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

That article has been posted in September, and is fairly outdated. (Still says Nidvember might be happening!) Other rumours have been posted on BoLS, Faeit, and all sorts of places.

IMO, we'll wait and see when the Codex hits. Then talk to your friendly, local Nid player, and book a few games for you both to learn about the army. He'll wanna learn about the new abilities and see if it can chomp the blue people a little easier, we'll need to learn to adapt to this new threat.

I see Sniper Kroot and Drone Teams being valuable if the T boost rumours are true, though.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 10:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Current rumors are saying something totally different now. We can discuss this in a couple of days when the White Dwarf comes out. I'm expecting a transport bug (malefactor) and another big assault bug, and random psychic powers. Other rumors include dropping all units without models (mycetic spores, DOM, PoM, shrikes etc)

Crisis teams with fusion and plasma, with commander and PEN chip will still be great for MC smashing.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 15:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Lots of rumors floating around BOLS and faeit now... 2 of the most terrifying are that apparently Nids are getting their own Riptide equivalent and a FMC that has S8 Vector strikes. Our Crisis teams are going to love them apples!
Also MC's are getting huge point reductions as much as 60 points off the last codex! Ouchies!
Old 11 Dec 2013, 16:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

All rumours, we don't know anything for sure until WD hits, and we'll get more info as the Codex lands. We'll need to be fast, no doubt 'Nids are coming back big, and are going to be a tough army to compensate for the screwing they're getting otherwise. A lot of rumours sound scary.

Most importantly, we as Tau are going to have to adapt as quickly as the Nid playes themselves. We might not be the top dog anymore, but the Greater Good will not go down without a fight.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 16:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

They are some fine words Shas'la! Don't forget we whooped Gorgon's ass eventually. Besides it's about time we had some real opposition. It gets boring annihilation MEQ lists every weekend. I think I'm just nervous about so many FMC's coming my way... My meta has moved away from fliers (apart from one hellturkey douchebag!) and I can just see me having to crank out the Velocity Trackers all over again.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 17:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm looking forward to Nids, should get some tough games that'll force me into a tactical arms race again.

Some of it sounds wishlisty, but we won't know what until we hear more. Remember how everyone was saying we'd have the Codex by now? Yeeeaahhh, I think we can expect some inaccuracy in these rumours.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 09:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

True, but I think the recent rumours are starting to sound more like what the design team would go for. I find it very interesting that individuals are not writing codexes anymore and that armies are now to be worked on by the entire team. Whether this will have an effect at all is still to be seen. At least the Matt Ward bashing might finally be put to rest!
Old 12 Dec 2013, 10:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Possibly, but then 'very credible' sources have been coming out saying that the newest rumours are mostly untrue wishlisting. Most of them originate from 4Chan, and I personally never trust anything out of that place.