Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

R.I.P. cc kroot
Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default R.I.P. cc kroot

its been over 6 months since the new tau codex came out, and around every corner i get reminded of my personal loss of a great comrade, though they are still technically with us, it isnt the same. i had a poster in my room for a long time that had a record of my kroot's kills in close combat, and their total points killed. they had eaten everyone, from the puny guardsmen to abbadon (which enraged my csm playing friend beyond belief)
those of you who end up seeing my posts know im pretty heart felt on pathfinders, but i was 3 fold with 4th edition kroot. untill recently i had over 140 kroot, 25 hounds, and 6 krootox (and a shaper) and while my auxillary reserves are a fraction of what they were, my memories remain.
btw i really like old kroot.
what units do you guys like?
Old 19 Nov 2013, 17:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

New kroot are so much better than old kroot it's ridiculous. What they lost in CC (which was pretty minor comparatively) they made up for 10 fold in becoming a top tier troop choice with great synthesis into the rest of the army! 7 point scoring snipers with infiltrate (with a reliable 5 point upgrade to get acute senses). They are so good that I know a lot of people just don't bother taking fire warriors (it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction since Fire warriors can be beasts too).
I'm pretty sure I love nearly every Tau unit (some more than others obviously).
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2013, 17:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i used to run them for fun though, and try to pick fights with terminators, because i thought it was funny
Old 19 Nov 2013, 20:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

i've used them for all sorts of mischief, including assaulting tanks, outflanks and other general assaulty shenanagains

Commander Nightflier's Cadre (Tau): 1000
Dragon Guard (Space Marines): 1000
Halafax Rapiers (Imperial Guard): 600
commander_nightflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2013, 23:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Mine are generally deployed as a big Snipey blob to sit on something and pick away at distant targets. They're way too squishy to risk having them anywhere other than in cover. Hell, even Lasguns would slaughter them.

My favourite unit right now is probably Fire Warriors in Devilfish, but my favourites change on a weekly basis, so watch this space.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 02:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would love to field Vespid if they weren't so damn expensive. Not to mention the fact that the purpose I'd put them to is more efficiently executed by Crisis teams over in the Elite slots. Too many Fast Attack choices!

I'm also a fan of Fire Warriors in Devilfish. Stealth Teams have been extremely effective for me lately. Either they are ignored and run rampant or attract so much firepower that much of the rest of my army can act relatively unhindered.
wilderun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2013, 03:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i swear my stealth suits are cursed, i dunno why, but every time i bring them in they get less then average rolls about 80% of the time, and ive hit with a fusion blaster from a team 1 time in the last year and a half. although the fact that they have a multitracker too is cool for the team leader who can fire a marker light and his gun
Old 20 Nov 2013, 11:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

My favourites at the moment are crisis teams with 2 plasmas and a flamer each. They wreck everything given half a chance. I like the new niche that they have given kroot... I always felt that they were average at best in combat before and with overwatch now the old style would have melted before they got to see combat. At least your kroot can be effective without leaving cover, and still provide warm bodies to objective camp.
Arufel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2013, 00:02   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
i swear my stealth suits are cursed, i dunno why, but every time i bring them in they get less then average rolls about 80% of the time, and ive hit with a fusion blaster from a team 1 time in the last year and a half. although the fact that they have a multitracker too is cool for the team leader who can fire a marker light and his gun
I'll bet your statistics are 100% accurate 70% of the time.

I miss using kroot as a bungee screen. I was running a pair of 'els with MP, FB, PR with teams consisting of one helios, one fireknife, and one MP/FB (fireforge? Something like that), each paired up with a squad of kroot in 5th. The sole purpose of the kroot was bullet-catcher and assault screen (since I was playing with FBs). Suits jump up, shoot, jump back, over the heads of the kroot. They never survived, but my suits almost never got charged.
marnepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2013, 01:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

[QUOTE=marnepup;1417426]I'll bet your statistics are 100% accurate 70% of the time.

yeah i get you, the percentage was off, its not something i calculate but thats what i feel like at least, but the fusion blaster thing is not, litteraly, every time i run stealth suits i bring fusion in the unit, and i have hit with it one time as fired from a stealth suit. no joke. i think my suits are mad at me for how i painted them