Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau XV107 R'varna Battlesuit
Old 26 Oct 2013, 10:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Tau XV107 R'varna Battlesuit

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...F/R/Rvarna.pdf

This is amazing
But just something worth noting in the side.
With an ethereal you get 8 shots if you novacharge
Novacharge makes each gun fire a second time for a total of 4 volleys
Ethereal gives an extra shot per gun at half range to all "pulse weapon"
The guns the new Riptide has has a pulse submunnitions cannon.
Couple this with an earth caste battlesuit, and roughly 3/4 of the game turns you will be firing 8 large blast strength 6 ap 3 Templates. To give a quick mathhammer, if you do that against a land raider (3 hits at strength 8 for vehicles) you will on average kill it in one volley. And its not even trying.
I cannot speak highly enough of this new model
I just, I just dont know what to say.

In this addition Tau have been a very strong army. Assuming you take the forgeworld rules, they are ludicrous now. A heavy support choice?! You can get 3 of these and 3 riptides in 1500 pts along with a handful of fire warriors. The only thing that this monster can't do is shoot down flyers, but then again this thing will take on all the ground forces by itself so its worth it.
Any further opinions?
Emberkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2013, 17:46   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Seems like a great way to get a permanent spot on my blacklist - reserved for cheaters and extreme powerplay...

just my 2 c
tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2013, 18:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It doesn't benefit from Storm of Fire - the rule points to the page that lists eligible Pule Weaponry.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 19:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Even without Storm of Fire the combination of the nova charge ability, and multiple "hits" per shot against some very important targets makes this seem incredibly powerful. Considering the rules are currently experimental, I would not be surprised if the rules get slapped by the nerf bat once FW has made their profit selling an OP model once again.

That said, who knows how long it will take until that happens. And with it's statline and slot position not likely to change, at the very least we have a more tough, heavy support riptide. Not only that it gives us another AP3 weapon, of which we are sorely lacking. Seems like it will be an excellent all-round infantry, MC, and light vehicle killer. Hell, I'd say it could deal with aircraft decently well too. It's 3 hit rule affects all flying MC's and all vehicles. If you were to give this thing VT instead of a riptide, every hit it lands triples it's effect, at S8.

If FW models are generally allowed in the tourneys and game shops around here, I'd definitely be picking one up.
ColdCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2013, 22:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Template weapons cannot target aircraft. It can never shoot Fliers, and it can never fire Overwatch.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 23:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I agree with CoffeeGrunt that it is useless in every way against fliers, however i would happily contend that storm of fire does apply to it, as it says all pulse weaponry (excluding sunshark bomber) take effect. I would justify this by saying that its not in the book because its forgeworld, was released after, and that knowing this fact, GW wouldn't have put the word pulse as the first defining feature of its cannons in.
Its sorta irrelavent anyway as I'm pretty sure opponents would just pack up and leave. This gun would be op if it was strength 4 no AP and no cluster fire.
Emberkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2013, 00:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Forge World have confirmed via several emails that it isn't applicable to Storm of Fire on ATT, as is the Pulse Submunition Cannon.