Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Farsight enclaves army list, what do you think
Old 19 Oct 2013, 13:18   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default My Farsight enclaves army list, what do you think

Here is my 2000 point list

O'Vesa, riptide with fusions, ion accelerator and earth caste piloting array 2 shielded missile drones
Commander with drone controller missile pod flamer and 2 marker drones
3 crisis suits missile pods, plasma rifles, stim injectors
3 crisis suits flamer, plasmas
3 crisis suits flamer, plasmas
3 crisis suits t/l flamers
6 drones 4 markers 2 guns
Sun shark bomber, t/l missile pod
10 pathfinders, 3 rail rifles
Hammerhead ion cannon

Allied Commander with iridium C&C node multi spectrum shield generator
9 fire warriors
9 fire warriors

I would like any tips or other things to include
N.B the first commander joins the drones, the second joins the plasma missile pod crisis team and the other crisis deep strike. Also in FE crisis teams are troops
Josh666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2013, 14:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Okay, a couple of quick things.

First of all, you could probably do with a few more markerlights in a 2000 point list. You have an average of 10 hits to work with. Not a bad total, but they are coming from only two sources. Considering you have a very mobile army with 4 crisis suit teams it would probably be better to have more sources to divide between them, particularly mobile ones. As it stands if your army moves too far from the pathfinder team or you lose them, half of your lights are unusable. Tossing a drone controller on the allied commander would be easy seeing as he won't be shooting (frees up support slots) and sticking some drones on a crisis team would give you another mobile source.

Second, you have absolutely no anti-AV14 in this list. An Ionhead won't cut it, and a single Riptide won't do well against heavy armor either. Typically I run several riptides / railheads and at least one crisis team with fusion blasters.

And a few more things

Mixed weapons are generally not advisable anymore. Particularly with mixed ranges. The usual missile / plasma team would be far better off with all plasmas, or two suits with dual plasmas and one with dual fusions.
The stim injectors are a waste of money on a crisis suit though. Not enough wounds to make a difference, and any S8 weapon will insta-kill you.

The flamer on a team with dual plasmas is a good idea though. You don't have support systems listed, but make sure at least one suit has vectored retro-thrusters. It will help enormously in allowing them to get out of combat.

There is absolutely no point in running twin-linked flamers on the last crisis team. They cost the same as two flamers, and give you half the hits in shooting or in wall of death.
ColdCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2013, 16:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Note: Twin-linked flamers in the wall of death are more effective because the multi-tracker does not function outside of the shooting phase and they reroll to wound. That said, I agree, 2 flamers is better than 1 twin-linked one.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2013, 17:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Twin-linked flamers re-roll to wound? I thought twin-linked only allowed re-rolls on hits.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 17:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Since flamer is an auto hit and would thus be useless to twin-link, it instead rerolls to wound.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 18:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Alright that makes sense. Still, for the same cost I'd rather have two singles. Slightly worse in overwatch, but much better in shooting. Another thing to consider is if you wanted to toss in a different commander, think about using shadowsun with a dual flamer squad. It's all short ranged but they get 4+ cover even in the open from her stealth and shrouded, and her fusion blasters would make them a great transport busting squad.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 01:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

A Farsight army cannot include Shadowsun or Aun'va. The important specification here is 'army' rather than 'force' or 'detachment' because it means that you are not even allowed to include them if you ally with Tau.

Last edited by Carrelio; 20 Oct 2013 at 01:43.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:32   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for all the help guys, I've got a revised list at this address Farsight enclave 2000 points, with tau allies
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:34   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I have a revised version with the tags Farsight enclaves, crisis suits, 2000 points in the tau army list section
Old 20 Oct 2013, 22:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Why do people like this try and ruin people's days all the time?

Hive Fleet Corona: 2000 points

Shas'o Bork'an Da'ya Chel'el (Tau commander Dark lightning): 900 points
mirmidion43 is offline   Reply With Quote