Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis suits with fusion loadouts
Old 16 Oct 2013, 15:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Crisis suits with fusion loadouts

Hi guys, just wanting some feedback on your fusion suit loadouts. I always assumed that 2-3 with fusion and target locks were the way to go but I was also considering if shield generators were worth it? Also does anyone have any experience using them as solo suits with any success? I run enclave so force organisation slots aren't a problem.
Arufel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2013, 16:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Shield Generators are too expensive IMO, you're more than doubling the base cost, for the price of 2 SGs you could have an extra suit.

Number of suits depends on the enemy. Guard? Fill your boots with Fusion to take out as many tanks as possible. Rhino spam? Fusion Blasters are probably wasted here, tbh. Plasma would work better as you have a lower chance of damaging, but double the shots at 12". You also can turn and use them on Space Marines pretty efficiently. If you allied them in from Empire, you could take a Shas'Vre with PEN to give them Tank Hunters.
Old 06 Nov 2013, 02:48   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The best answer? Helios spam.
marnepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2013, 04:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have a unit of 3 with fusion and missile Pods (which I coordinate with a 6 man Stealth team with 2 fusion and target locks. I plan on creating a bodyguard team with fusion and plasma. The team I have now is extremely effective against vehicles and monstrous creatures (especially with a little markerlight support, I roll a LOT of 3s). The Stealth team brings my Crisis suits into play safely where I want them and assist against vehicles and also suppress any nearby infantry units.

In a game I just played today my Stealth and Crisis teams came in on the flank and mauled a squadron of War Walkers and a Wave Serpent. The following turn they tore into the unit of Wraithguard who had been lurking in the transport. (It was my luck that the target became pinned after bailing out of the wreck, otherwise they could have been trouble) Luckily he was more focused on my Stealth suits for some reason, and the few shots he was able to make connect were saved by them.
wilderun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2013, 07:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd generally go with CoffeeGrunts suggestion, in that it largely depends upon what enemy you are fighting. Largely I've found that 4 fusion blasters in a team is enough to melt just about anything besides tank front armor at any range, and even russ front armor inside melta range. Three will generally do the trick too, so a three man team with one fusion one plasma each works very well.

If you happen to get a team with a commander, allying Tau for the PEN chip is always good. Those re-rolls against armor make fusion blasters gorgeous, and plasma rifles very strong against transports and rear armor. I'd say against marine armies, I typically run a team with 2 dual fusion suits with target locks, then a third suit with plasma and a commander with plasma. Enough fusion to take down vehicles, and at 12" 8 plasma shots (4 of them BS5) to clean house on heavy infantry squads. Should you not ally tau, you can duplicate this pretty well with 3 sunforge suits with farsight. One less fusion, but the dawn blade and extra attacks makes them strong enough in assault to generally finish off a heavy infantry squad after shooting the shit out of it.

Other than that, I'd say shield generators are more often than not a waste of points. Sometimes good on a commander, but S8 weapons will still double you out. A 4+ invuln is better than nothing, but FAR too much to pay on a standard suit. Solo suits are easier with enclave since they're considered troops, but they're largely suicidal. Deepstriking them within melta range of a tank will work more often than not, and will generally kill more points than you lose doing it, but they're absolutely worthless against anything else.
ColdCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2013, 09:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I personally run a 3 man team with Shadowsun right now, with this config.

Shadowsun
Crisis, Shas'Vre, PEN, Dual Fusion,
Crisis, Target Lock, Dual Plasma,
Crisis, Target Lock, Dual Plasma,

The idea being that they can threaten two targets at once. With lucky positioning, they can melt a tank while using Plasma to pop a light vehicle or melt some Marines. PEN let's them re-roll against vehicles, they can even drop in against a Monstrous Creature they're not found wanting. Heck, Shadowsun's split fire ability allows to threaten yet another tank if she gets range on them.

With her 3D6 Jetpack as well as Stealth and Shrouded, she also - quite importantly - makes it possible for the team to get out of the hotzone and into some cover for a nice 2+.

Last edited by CoffeeGrunt; 06 Nov 2013 at 09:31.
CoffeeGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2013, 14:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

i usually run my Fusion suits with Flamers. they are a low enough point cost that if they dont get used its not a big deal and if you run out of tanks, your generally close enough to start getting real nasty with them

Commander Nightflier's Cadre (Tau): 1000
Dragon Guard (Space Marines): 1000
Halafax Rapiers (Imperial Guard): 600
commander_nightflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2013, 15:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

The fusion, flamer combo is great against guard. Even just a pair of flamers in a team will absolutely melt guardsmen in range. Just make sure to include VRT's. If they get assaulted you want them to be able to get away without getting tar-pitted.
ColdCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2013, 18:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

thats what the flamers are for. you melt the big squads before they can tarpit you. or you challage the comissar and kick his puny butt with ur S5 hits

besides, you want to either TL 2 fusions blasters or have 2 of them

Commander Nightflier's Cadre (Tau): 1000
Dragon Guard (Space Marines): 1000
Halafax Rapiers (Imperial Guard): 600
commander_nightflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2013, 11:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Do you usually deepstrike units with flamers and fusion?
Arufel87 is offline   Reply With Quote