Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

need help expanding
Old 15 Sep 2013, 05:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Question need help expanding

ok so i want more tau stuff, ive already decided, but i dont know what i want to get yet, right now im stuck between these:
pathfinders
a flyer
some broadsides
a hammerhead
some crisis suits for the farsight suppliment
or some pirahnas

but what do you guys think?
Old 15 Sep 2013, 08:42   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

After having a quick look at wat you already have (the census...) I'd say that 1 piranha isen't gonna cut it, same goes for the hammerhead - If gooing farsight and wat the crisis spam your gooing to need more then 9 there as well, and as far as the flyers go, 1 may not get the results you want here to.

All in all it boils down to wat type of list you want to play. Personaly I never leave home without at least 3 sniper drone squads on 1500 points though I am considering replacing those with 4-5 man pathfinder squads with a 'ui and pulse accelerator drone for added range in games over 2 K when i have the additional FOC to play with
tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2013, 16:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

yeah im planning on getting multipuls of what ever i do get, and dont run the 'ui. in a 5 man units its really not worth it, that drone is really fun though
Old 15 Sep 2013, 22:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well, I can't imagine a situation where you'd be running more than 12 crisis suits in a list so I wouldn't go with more of those. Then again like 5 people have more than that so far so what the hell do I know? =P There will be situations, especially with the farsight supplement opening up another heavy slot as Tau allies where you will want to run two hammerheads. I've run them at 1k point levels and they did well. Then again, right now I know I am looking at getting broadsides myself and I noticed you don't have any either. Best anti-air unit in the game, pretty good at killing everything that doesn't have AV13+ stamped on it, and can be a hilarious commander combo with the right equipment.

So I'd choose between those two, the hammerhead will be cheaper and easier to fit points-wise. But there really isn't anything like a broadside team in terms of effectiveness.
ColdCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2013, 19:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I agree with a second hammerhead. They fit well into static and mobile playstyles, they have flexible roles in both list building and in game (thanks to the blast or solid shot options), and two work together way better than one works on its own.

A second riptide would also help make your cadre just that much nastier if my double hammerhead double riptide list experience is any indication.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote