Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How do you prefer to equip your Crisis Suits?
Old 07 Sep 2013, 12:11   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default How do you prefer to equip your Crisis Suits?

So, I was just curious, How do everyone prefer to equip their crisis suits? I'm trying to find new multi purpose equipment sets for my suits as currently I equip all suits the same, 2 missile pods per suit and thats it. So tell me how you all equip your crisis suits?^^
Merellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2013, 13:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

It really depends on what my use for them is. If I want alot of shots, 2 burst cannons, and then give the commander the twin linking signature system. I use this in almost every list I make, because having 16 str. 5 shots that are twin linked is quite devastating.

When tactics don't work for you, add more firepower and than re-evaluate the situation
lemonvictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2013, 23:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

The range of crisis suit weapons makes them probably the most flexible unit in the entire codex. Well that's my opinion anyway. As such I don't really have a favorite loadout, but rather several different ones that fit the role the unit is intended to fill.

I would say considering that the suits are really good at taking on heavy infantry / MC / light vehicles, possibly the best loadout to use is the dual plasma rifles / burning eyes. Gives up the extra range and shots of the missile pods for the ability to ignore armor saves / a better vehicle damage roll. I'd go with dual fusion blasters, but if you need the extra damage with plasma rifles you can cut your range in half for 4 shots per suit. Giving a crisis team some markerlight love at the same time means something's definitely going to die.
ColdCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2013, 00:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I like sunforge for pretty much unparalleled tank killing ability and burning eyes for their ability to almost guarantee somethings death
mirmidion43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2013, 13:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ZOG OFF U PANZIE (ork tork)
Old 09 Sep 2013, 20:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirmidion43 View Post
I like sunforge for pretty much unparalleled tank killing ability and burning eyes for their ability to almost guarantee somethings death
i run mine the same way like 80% of the time, the other 20 is usualy me trying to think of creative ways to kill eldar
Old 09 Sep 2013, 22:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

For example?
Old 09 Sep 2013, 22:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

well i like deathrain, double missiles, because it pens aspect armor, although i dont like doing the thing where you take a unit of deathrains and add them with a commander, i dont really have a reason besides its not my forte
Old 09 Sep 2013, 22:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

and if scorpions show up?
Old 09 Sep 2013, 22:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

luckily for me my friend doesnt have any! but if that were to happen i might try some vespids. just to switch things up