Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

what made you want to play tau?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 18:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Question what made you want to play tau?

when my friend first convinced me to go to a hobby shop with him i was not interested in 40k because i was confusing warhammer with warcraft, but when i saw that it was different entirely my mind changed rather quickly, so i was looking at all the models, and the ones that stood out the most to me had to have been this shiny, new box of fire warriors, i thought the armor suits they wore looked so cool! it was totaly my style of soldier, i liked the uniform gear and the precision they have, and how they all blend together, and so i bought that box and a codex, well later when i started to learn more and more about how the game worked and how the other armies played i really was glad i chose tau, i think they were just the main army for me, since then i also have started marines, demons, ig and necrons, but scrapped them all (save my white scars) so that i could have room for more tau stuff, im obsessed. so, does anyone else have any stories of why they play tau? or am i just destined to be a neck beard
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2013, 01:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've played 'nids since I started playing 40k at the start of this year. I started playing tau about 5/6 weeks ago. I chose tau after a lot of careful consideration and testing because they can do any job well.
mirmidion43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2013, 03:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I had friends who had tried to get me into 40k years ago, but I was never particularly interested. The models, characters and fluff all seemed a bit ridiculous, unreal, and waayyyy too grimdark for me to get into.

Four friends got into the game this July and after looking for awhile I decided on Tau for a few reasons. I know they're stereotyped as anime, but you've got to admit that the battlesuits and vehicles look ****ing awesome. Far better than the square aircraft and METEL BAWKSES of the Imperium.

Also, they're the least grimdark. Technology focused, without all the retarded superstition, secrecy and sheer oppression that characterizes the slow descent of humanity into chaos and ruin. And, of course, they're kind of badass. Two human invasions (albeit fairly modest attacks compared to those against the forces of Chaos) and a hive fleet, and each were thrown back fairly quickly for an empire that spans all of three light years radius.

My friends and I can hardly take this game seriously though, visiting 1d4chan far too often. I'm perfectly content to play the little blue space communists against the catholic space nazis.
ColdCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2013, 04:02   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Jetpacks and tank-killing ability.
GaBeRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2013, 16:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

the fluff seemed the most hopeful, the models had a simplicity the belied the complexity of thier tech, and their methods of war seem to be based on effienciently attacking ratherthan just attrition. I accually rather despise the whole gunline tactic. ps i came in during 5th

Commander Nightflier's Cadre (Tau): 1000
Dragon Guard (Space Marines): 1000
Halafax Rapiers (Imperial Guard): 600
commander_nightflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2013, 18:34   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

When I was starting warhammer 40k I dident realy like the looks of any of the armies so I had huge trouble desiding on a army to pick, I was thinking "Maybe eldar look kind of good.." but I dident realy want eldar cus a friend played them, Then another friend said he thought Tau looked better then eldar so I started looking a bit more on Tau and I quickly grew to realy liking the looks of the models, So I picked them as my first army and I quickly grew to love the models and the fluff and ever since then Tau have been my favorite army ^_^ (Unfortunately my friends dont find them very fun to play against..)
Merellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2013, 19:02   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I started playing tau because they had giant robots (riptide)

FORZ THE GTEAZER WAAAAGH!

soon to be started
necrons
blood angels
blacklion65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2013, 19:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

so your new to tau then? good choice
Old 09 Sep 2013, 20:09   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I started playing tau about two years ago had a few friends that played I think what got me to play them was I really liked there look really I did not know there fluff at the time not much about the fluff of any 40k armies. So now that I know more about the game and the fluff a lot better then when I started to play, I am glad I pick Tau.
echo456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2013, 02:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think we can all agree that grimdark really sucks. Greater good and battlesuits at least sound interesting and look cool in the middle of the 'who's the most emo' universe that is 40k.
ColdCast is offline   Reply With Quote