Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Games Day UK 2005: New Tau Codex & Vespids Summary
Closed Thread
Old 01 Nov 2005, 05:46   #131 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Games Day UK 2005: New Tau Codex & Vespids Summary

Ah Fireblade, I knew I missed something :P

I forgot about the fleet of wing(?) rumour..

My justification for them having 12" Assault 1 weapons? Flamer template is 8".. going from 8" to 18" would be a bit crazy in terms of 'toning down their weapons'. Same goes for Assault 1 instead of Assault 2..

My guess at the strain leader - some sort of LD bonus for the squad, (say.. LD8, with the rest of the squad at LD6? that was my guess earlier), and also his special helmet allows communication with the Tau, which would equal to allowing them to use markerlight hits.. whereas Human Aux. don't get special Tau helmets, nor do the kroot..

Squad size, metal figures, I would deduce that they're similar in squad sizes to (the current) stealth suits.

This is all still speculation, guesses and deductions from me though..
Old 01 Nov 2005, 09:26   #132 (permalink)
Shas'La

At a guess, I would imagine that the Strain Leader helps communicate and control between Vespid and Tau, in more ways than one.

In game terms, so long as he is alive, the Vespid can use Markerlight effects, act normally, and generally function as a part of the army. Without him, the Vespid revert to a sort of "Instinctive Behaivior" ala Tyranids; whether they actually act animalistically is doubtful, but the non-leader Strains have to guess at what the Tau want, and try to act accordingly... Thus, a lower Leadership and unexpected actions rather than normal and complete direction.

Old 01 Nov 2005, 13:30   #133 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion549
Sanctum; Fireblade: Will he have access to the Tau Armoury?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctum
Some parts of it...
Are you sure?

'cause I don't recall them having any options or access to anything other than their standard loadout that they start with (Blaster & Helm).

Later,
Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Old 01 Nov 2005, 15:38   #134 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion549
Sanctum; Fireblade: Will he have access to the Tau Armoury?
Quote:
Some parts of it...
Are you sure?

'cause I don't recall them having any options or access to anything other than their standard loadout that they start with (Blaster & Helm).

Later,
Fireblade
In the most recent copy I've seen they are given acess to 2 of the HW Wargear.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 01 Nov 2005, 18:13   #135 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
In the most recent copy I've seen they are given acess to 2 of the HW Wargear.
Really?

Well, there are only four Hardwire options;
Multi-Tracker - no use to a model with only one weapon
Black Sun Filter - no use with a weapon that only has a 12" range

That leaves,
Drone Crontroller - with drones that will either have to slow the unit down, or won't be able to keep up with them
Target Lock - and given their BS and range of the Neutron Blaster, not much use either for a single shot.

And when I went back and looked, my info indicates that the Vespids don't have any access to the Tau Arnoury (though the Neutron Balster is detailed there).

I guess our sources just disagree. "Rumours" can be that way.

Later,
Fireblade
“One of their light walkers carried a weapon of lethal effect. It fired a form of ultra-high velocity projectile. I saw one of our tanks after having been it by it. There was a small hole punched in either flank – one the projectile’s entry point, the other its exit. The tiny munition had passed through the vehicle with such speed that everything within the hull not welded down had been sucked out through the exit hole. Including the crew. We never identified their bodies, for all that remained of them was a red stain upon the ground, extending some twenty metres from the wreck.”
Major Kane
Old 02 Nov 2005, 21:52   #136 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I suppose so...

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Closed Thread