Fast
4 Marker Drones will join with Commander
Sun Shark Bomber with TL Missile pods, dpods, Decoy launcher
2x Tetras w/ dpods

Heavy
Longstrike Hammerhead sub rounds, Dpods and SMS
Hammerhead sub rounds, Dpods, BSF and SMS

I am going for a gun line army back up by a lot of fire power
once I get the Money I am going to drop my tetras for 5 pathfinder and get a agese defense line with out the gun emplacement.
I should be getting eight to nine ML hits in my first turn. I drop the devilfishes
for more firepower IE a full team of stealth suits. My aim is try to overwhelm my enemy with a lot of accurate shooting via MLs
echo456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2013, 12:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Going for Gunline tau? here's some tips:

Farsight? in gunline tau? hahahaha no. CC? lose farsight, take another commander or maybe an ethereal for the extra FW shots.

If you do take the other commander give him missiles and lots of them. either way, change the crisis suits to missile pods for LONG RANGE which is the focus of gunline tau

This is just my opinion but do the same with the stealth team

you have enough railheads so maybe some missilesides for enough shots to sink a strike cruiser or perhaps an ionhead for battle cannon goodness

tetras? they're designed to be fast markerlights. gunline tau doesn't really do fast. pathfinders with railrifles instead.

if you're feeling slap happy, loose the kroot and take another riptide. their guns are pretty much designed for static shooting
mirmidion43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2013, 15:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think this list is a bit more of a hybrid then a gunline. Your elite choices in particular use both crisis and stealth, which work well at closer range.

With that in mind...

I don't think Farsight will be so out of place. He's not a gun-liner by any means but he does provide deployment flexibility which might be quite useful here. I assume he's coming in with the crisis suits; which shouldn't make for too bad of an away team as long as you keep them in supportable range of the rest of your army and use cover well.

Why drop the tetras? If you just pick up an aegis defense line and you put your tetras behind it (like Imperial Guard tank company), then you've got a 2+ cover save for the game on a unit that is already tougher and more accurate than a pathfinder. Save your money, keep the tetras; keep those pathfinders (first blood losing, dead to a light breeze, slow and heavy weapon users, with poor accuracy) off the field.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2013, 18:15   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I agree with taking farsight out I plan on that I have another riptide have not had time to put him together yet I plan on running one with the ion and the other with the HBC I also want to run it with either Aun'va or a etheral and just hide him out of line of sight I am also planning on making a few other changes. It is possible not relyable the a HBC riptide fir take out av 13 plus I am also thinking of shadowsun also with her supporting a HBC riptide with her command link drone and a stealth and shrouded should make him next to impossible to be killed but I am on a budget right now
echo456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2013, 00:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo456 View Post
I agree with taking farsight out I plan on that I have another riptide have not had time to put him together yet I plan on running one with the ion and the other with the HBC
HBC?!?!? okaaaaaay. no. that gun is only good when you overcharge it and then it becomes insanely risky. you're on average 1/3 killing yourself whenever you fire it. it's only good when you have shadowsun's reroll 1's drone around, then it's relatively safe
mirmidion43 is offline   Reply With Quote