Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

August Competitions...on demand! [VOTING]
View Poll Results: Which competition would you like to see in August?
Gunslinger Competition 15 24.59%
Combat Competition 17 27.87%
Vintage Model Competition 13 21.31%
Warhammer Comic Competition 16 26.23%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jul 2007, 21:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default August Competitions...on demand! [VOTING]

Greetings!

It's an on demand world now isn't it? I don't know about you but I keep hearing about these clever TV things where you can watch basically whatever you want at any time, 24 hour Supermarkets to fuel stoned teenagers with the munchies...well you name it, you can have your way and get it nowadays. What does this have to do with anything? Well, at the Competition Committee here at Tau Online, we thought we'd catch up with the trend with Competition's On Demand! (Cod for short ).

This suggestion of democracy by King Winter has been met with positive response from the Committee members.
The plan, as it is now, is that we will continue to keep the two "main" competitions as they are now.
And in addition, we will keep a third, which shall be chosen by you members through a vote.
These competitions will be more "specified", as in taking on more specific aspects of Warhammer 40K
with both painting and converting as central factors.

We have now put up four alternatives for the new competition in August. You will vote for what you
would prefer to participate in, and the competition with the most votes is the one which will be
held first.

This is also only on a testing stage. If it should happen, that the interest is low, and entries few,
the Competition Committee will take over once more.

After this first vote, there will be a need for more ideas and suggestions for the competitions to come
and we wish for you members to take part in that too. If you have an idea, suggestion or mere feeling,
give us a PM. We would also want to know what manner of competitions you would like? More interesting themed
conversion/painting competitions? More Army list/Math-hammer competitions? More artistic competitions? Etc.
It would be appreciated.

I really hope this will become a good addition to our competitions.

The four alternatives present here are:

1) Gunslinger competition (No melee, all guns. Not just a marine with a bolter. A dynamic pose is
paramount.)

2) Combat competition (Same as gunslinger competition. Only no guns, all melee weapons.)

3) Vintage model competition (Older models, such as 2.ed rogue trader etc.)

4) Warhammer funny comic competition (Drawing competition. An Ork doing sumthin odd, a guardsman with a flashlight etc.)

The rules for the competitions will be more specified if wanted. Just post a question, and I'll do my best to answer.

Cheers and Happy Voting!

--The Competition Committee
Old 23 Jul 2007, 21:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: August Competitions...on demand! [VOTING]

Good ideas all, but I like the idea of "Vintage" model; Gives us a chance to see those dearly departed models that most likely got us involved in the game in the first place...

...And some of those old molds were just... hmmm... cooler than the current ones .

And a question- Would it be limited to one model, or a squad of vintage blokes, like the good ol' RT Orks?

[br]

[br]
Old 23 Jul 2007, 21:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deneris
Good ideas all, but I like the idea of "Vintage" model; Gives us a chance to see those dearly departed models that most likely got us involved in the game in the first place...

...And some of those old molds were just... hmmm... cooler than the current ones .

And a question- Would it be limited to one model, or a squad of vintage blokes, like the good ol' RT Orks?
The Vintage Competition will be for single models.
Old 23 Jul 2007, 21:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I agree. The Vintage model sounds like good fun.

Exactly what would qualify as vintage? Models that are now out of use or have been replaced? That would make the most sense because it was disqualify, say, Phoenix Lords who, while 3rd edition models, have not been replaced in 4th edition.
Old 23 Jul 2007, 22:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule

Exactly what would qualify as vintage? Models that are now out of use or have been replaced? That would make the most sense because it was disqualify, say, Phoenix Lords who, while 3rd edition models, have not been replaced in 4th edition.
It would have to be models which have been replaced, yes. And it would have to be of an older edition than 4th.
Old 23 Jul 2007, 22:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule

It would have to be models which have been replaced, yes. And it would have to be of an older edition than 4th.
I think vintage should allow for squad and single models.
I would also like to see Comic.

so, I'll vote for Comic, not vintage (because I'm sure everyone is voting for vintage and I want to see units of vintage models available not just single models.)
Old 24 Jul 2007, 02:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Comics would be a breath of fresh air indeed. For those of us without painting skills we finally have an area of interest to which we can make a significant contribution.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 03:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
(Voting closes: July 29, 2007, 05:06:35 PM)
42, are you seriously going to make me write rules the day before posting :P?

I'd love to see the Comic Competition myself... although it would be neat to run all of these at some time or another.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 03:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A quick question about the Comic competition actually:

Will entries be judged with more emphasis on their humor or overall composition?
(If it is indeed a humor contest it makes little sense that the ugliest of comic abominations, if funny enough, could lose to a well-drawn and solemn piece of 40k fan art)
Old 24 Jul 2007, 10:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
(Voting closes: July 29, 2007, 05:06:35 PM)
42, are you seriously going to make me write rules the day before posting :P?

I'd love to see the Comic Competition myself... although it would be neat to run all of these at some time or another.
I already have made the basic rules for all of the above competitions, so don't worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger
A quick question about the Comic competition actually:

Will entries be judged with more emphasis on their humor or overall composition?
(If it is indeed a humor contest it makes little sense that the ugliest of comic abominations, if funny enough, could lose to a well-drawn and solemn piece of 40k fan art)
I would say the most weight would be on the humour aspect, but drawing-skill will count as well.
Not too sure, but I would say a 60/40 Humour/Darwing-skill. (Do not take this as an absolute.)