Warhammer 40K Forum

Fluff Writing Competition [RULES]

Old 07 Apr 2007, 22:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Fluff Writing Competition [RULES]

Tau Online Fluff Competition

Dates -

The deadline for entries (submitted to 42) is the 21st of April.
Voting begins on the 22nd of April and ends on the 29th.
Winner announced on the 30th of April.

Prizes -

1st Place - 10pts
2nd Place - 5pts
3rd Place - 2pts

(The top 3 all recieve official TO winners seals too).

Rules -

Open for any aspiring writer, the fluff competition is open for any 40k-related story up to 1000 words long. The content may involve any element of Warhammer 40k, but may not contain offensive material (sexist, racist or otherwise discriminatory; noone's going to ask for writing set in the Grim Darkness of the Far Future and ask you to exclude bloodshed).
Old 08 Apr 2007, 10:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Fluff Writing Competition [RULES]

is this just Stories? or can it be like, key elements in a army like. i have wroten fluff for my Nid army but its no story about certain characters, more of a timeline of stuff that happened involving the fleet in order. correct me on this
Old 08 Apr 2007, 13:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sorry but this competition is really just for fluff stories, not army background and that sort of thing. We have had competitions like that in the past, and may do again, but this time around I'll have to say no I'm afraid. Hopefully you will still be able to enter something, it's only 1000 words max after all.

Cheers,

Old 09 Apr 2007, 01:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

Wow! I was just starting something like this anyway! Hoorah for timely fluff competitions!

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
Old 09 Apr 2007, 12:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Can it be ingame racism? Such as like Eldar thinking humans suck? Becasue otherwise us Eldar players are stuck...
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42 is in Holland, back Friday...
Sorry but this competition is really just for fluff stories, not army background and that sort of thing. We have had competitions like that in the past, and may do again, but this time around I'll have to say no I'm afraid. Hopefully you will still be able to enter something, it's only 1000 words max after all.

Cheers,

then i'd just write a story about one of the key-elements from my army background
Old 11 Apr 2007, 02:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

umm... is there a minimum word limit? Ive got a good story but its no where near 1000. I could extend it but it might make the story worse.

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
Old 12 Apr 2007, 01:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Can you lower it to maybe 750? I could probably do 1000 [glow=red,2,300]words[/glow] but I'm not sure about it...that is kind of a lot...

Sure put me in when and where can we post these?

I've got a story!

Edit: Meant words..............

Old 12 Apr 2007, 03:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

oh wow... i was shootin for 1000 words not 1000 letters... dang... im not sure if i can get under that.

Old 12 Apr 2007, 14:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timeless One
Can it be ingame racism? Such as like Eldar thinking humans suck? Becasue otherwise us Eldar players are stuck...
Heh, of course, that's fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultstadt Solvek 7th Rider
umm... is there a minimum word limit? Ive got a good story but its no where near 1000. I could extend it but it might make the story worse.
Nope, there isn't, don't worry. If it is a good quality piece of writing it won't bear any affect on how it is judged too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultstadt Solvek 7th Rider
oh wow... i was shootin for 1000 words not 1000 letters... dang... im not sure if i can get under that.
That is a mistake on Ninja Cell's behalf actually, the rules say 1000 words!

Cheers,