Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Public Voting > New Competition Prize System
View Poll Results: Which system do you perfer (see first post)?
Current system 10 16.13%
New, points-based system 52 83.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06 May 2006, 04:12   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Public Voting > New Competition Prize System

We, the Competition Committee, have been discussing this for a little while now. Now it has come to the time for us to put the proposal forward, to you, the members. We are proposing to change the way rewards are given to members.

The current system we have here is that some competitions warrent an increase in karma and maybe a custom title, depending upon the competition.

The new, proposed system will award points for members who have won competitions. Members will get the following points based upon where they came in the competition. Points will be awarded as follows:
  • 1st Place = 10 points
  • 2nd Place = 5 points
  • 3rd Place = 1 point

Members will be able to exchange these points for good rewards such as karma points, custom titles, etc. At this stage, we're looking at the following in terms of points required to gain the following rewards:
  • Custom title = 25 or 30 points (probably end up settling on 30 points for a custom title)
  • Karma point = 7 points

The benefits of this system is that you won't have to come in first to gain a custom title. You will be able to come in second for a number of competitions to gain a custom title, or a significant karma increase.

The cards have been laid on the table for all to see. The system we will use in the future for competitions will depend upon the votes cast in this poll. Thank you for taking the time to vote and read this.
Old 06 May 2006, 12:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Public Voting > New Competition Prize System

I am for the new system, this way some people who aren't the best painter's can still win something.
Also this way the same people won't be going away with the prizes (not saying any names, you know who you are...)

Old 06 May 2006, 16:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Cool. Gives people who arent a god of painting a chance at some sorta reward. Hurray!
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 06 May 2006, 16:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Krimxon Send a message via Yahoo to Krimxon

I like this idea. The new system gives others opportunites to get a custom title, even though the same persone keeps beating them ina contest, they would still gather points.

Very good idea guys.

Old 06 May 2006, 16:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

What about the contests that awarded a custom title, as well as whatever other prize? Would those contests be worth more points upfront, or would that be the end of the differently-ranked contests?

I really don't mind either way, I typically just submit pictures of stuff that I've had lying around for ages.

Although, in response to some of the other comments, the idea that painting contests should give some points to people who, by their own admission, aren't good at painting is a little weird. It seems kind of like the new thinking that eliminates sports programs from schools because someone might lose and feel bad.
Old 06 May 2006, 16:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to pfreck

I like it! Nice new system I voted for that, it's now almost like an conpetition at my local GW :P
Old 07 May 2006, 02:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Could we make karma 1 point and limit it to 1 karma per competition- that way when some one comes in third and never does it again gets somthing.
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA!" the panda shouts back. "Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 07 May 2006, 15:20   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
What about the contests that awarded a custom title, as well as whatever other prize? Would those contests be worth more points upfront, or would that be the end of the differently-ranked contests?
Thasts what I was planning on doing actually .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoilless
Could we make karma 1 point and limit it to 1 karma per competition- that way when some one comes in third and never does it again gets somthing.
Nice suggestion, I'll bring this up with the Committee .
Old 07 May 2006, 17:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Not have points for the top five instead of top three?

1st: 10 2nd: 8 3rd: 6 4th: 4 5th: 2

Tau:
Wins: 8 Losses: 1 Ties: 0
Old 07 May 2006, 18:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think it should be top 5 as propsed above. The reason being that 7 3rd places = 1 karma...well thats alot of time for one karma point. At least 7 months. This moves it up a little more i think and makes it more viable for people who always hover in the middle ranges.