Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help save the newsletter!
Old 09 Nov 2009, 20:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Help save the newsletter!

Hey all,
Unfortunately, our newsletter has been rather weak as of late. I realize everyone is very busy with real life but I was thinking that some organization might remedy that. So this is Emlyn asking for you to help.

Essentially this is what we're looking for:

1 ) Tau Online highlights. Great threads would be good. Interesting project logs would be good. Ideas for top models from the showcase are welcome. Basically, if you see something that looks cool on these forums that you'd like to share with your other members, this is the sort of thing we're looking for.

2 ) Fluff submissions. Short stories are always welcome. Short stories series would be great too. Comics, art, etc would be cool.

3 ) Hobby Articles. Do you have a tutorial or a great technique you'd like to share with the forums? That's the sort of thing we're looking for here. Anything involving terrain, painting, basing, sculpting, etc.

4 ) Gaming Articles. Special characters, scenarios, special rules, etc belong here.

Obviously, you will get credit for anything we put in the newsletter, but this open format wouldn't allow for everyone to be in the committee, but I can work with FT to figure out how we're going to make sure everyone gets recognition.

I'm going to say that if you're interested, submissions need to be in here by the 26th of each month. We'll continue this discussion as we get closer to that date.

Please consider taking some time to help raise the standard of our newsletters!
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2009, 20:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

I can always keep an eye out for decent threads.

but points 2,3,&4, I can;t help with that well .
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2009, 21:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Just do the interviews! They were by FAR the best part of the newsletter =D
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 13:58   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
That sounds like your putting your foot forward to do it, Circus
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 16:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tyross
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
That sounds like your putting your foot forward to do it, Circus
If that's what it takes then I'll do it.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 19:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I concur with Circus, I'd also like the Interviews to make a return to the Newsletter, because I thought they were a great way of getting to know the interviewee a little better.

I've also had this idea going around my head a few times, but what about a section called 'Karma Awards' ? - basically showing who has been karma'd and what they've been karma'd for i.e. a helpful post/ Tactica etc. Or perhaps including a 'Custom Title Awards' section? Again, who has been awarded a custom title and why they've earned it.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 00:48   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I'm not sure there are enough people who get Custom titles to do the Custom title idea (as there tends to be a glut one month and nothing the next).

As for the karma, would this be limited to the top few (say 10 or 5) karma "earners" that month, or would it merely be a list of who got karma that month and how much (and maybe where)?

How about a member of the month too (randomly picked from members who have been on for the last month)?
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 10:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

Quote:
How about a member of the month too (randomly picked from members who have been on for the last month)?
But include some protocol, which doesn't allow someone to be picked every month/week/whenever this newsletter comes out.
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 10:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Whilst Custom Titles aren't given regularly, there could be an announcement in the Newsletter when someone does receive one.

With Karma, maybe a top seven could be displayed each month? So perhaps the Moderators could vote between them? Alternatively, the members of the Newsletter Committee could vote as well, as Mods can also view the board. If the poll as left open for two weeks that would provide plenty of time for decisions to be made and for a satisfactory number of votes to be added.

'Member of the Month' would be a great addition as this doesn't have to revolve around Karma. Perhaps just generally being bery helpful or active. If everyone simply PM'ed on of the Committee members (I'd be happy to do it) with votes, then that person tallied them we'd have our result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 18:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
I'm not sure there are enough people who get Custom titles to do the Custom title idea (as there tends to be a glut one month and nothing the next).
Could Custom Titles be awarded to someone per month? So (monthly) - (a) long serving member(s) are/is chosen, then the chosen member(s) posts/karma are regarded and/or how long they've been a member, then a vote is cast whether this/the member(s) deserves one? I would imagine this would be the protocol anyways :P . But I hope you get the idea, perhaps it'll make members change the way they present (grammar, punctuation/ helpfulness etc) - their posts, knowing that they may be chosen?

Quote:
As for the karma, would this be limited to the top few (say 10 or 5) karma "earners" that month, or would it merely be a list of who got karma that month and how much (and maybe where)?
That's an idea, but I'd say it could be both, if that's not too much?

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote