Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help save the newsletter!
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:01   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

I can help on the Fluff/Story parts and the hobby parts aswell if you want me too as I really enjoyed the newsletter when it came out.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:20   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tyross
I'm not sure there are enough people who get Custom titles to do the Custom title idea (as there tends to be a glut one month and nothing the next).
Could Custom Titles be awarded to someone per month? So (monthly) - (a) member(s) are/is chosen, then the chosen member(s) posts/karma are regarded and/or how long they've been a member, then a vote is cast whether this/the member(s) deserves one? I would imagine this would be the protocol anyways :P. But I hope you get the idea, perhaps it'll make members change the way they
No. No, and no.

Custom Titles are for long-serving members who have either contributed greatly to the forums, or have acquired twenty-five positive karma. Usually it's both. Don't turn it into some kind of competition like several people already treat karma, it just devalues it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:25   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken.
No. No, and no.

Custom Titles are for long-serving members who have either contributed greatly to the forums, or have acquired twenty-five positive karma. Usually it's both. Don't turn it into some kind of competition like several people already treat karma, it just devalues it.
Perhaps I should've added 'For long-serving members' in my original post because that's what it's intended for, my apologies. :P I'll go ahead and edit it.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:28   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
Quote:
No. No, and no.

Perhaps I should've added 'For long-serving members' in my original post because that's what it's intended for, my apologies. :P I'll go ahead and edit it.
Personally, I would still disagree. Moderators can award the Custom Titles privately, then just make an announcement in the forums, through the newsletter or both. If they're awarded once per month, then undeserving people will eventually begin to receive the titles, as there will be no candidates who actually meet the requirements. Also, the forums will be full of idiots running around doing everything they can for karma, which is just infuriating for anyone on this forum with the decency and common sense.

Quote:
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:47   #15 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Personally, I would still disagree. Moderators can award the Custom Titles privately, then just make an announcement in the forums, through the newsletter or both. If they're awarded once per month, then undeserving people will eventually begin to receive the titles, as there will be no candidates who actually meet the requirements.
Fair enough, but if it get's to a point where there is no deserving people say for a month, then no Custom Title shall be awarded. It could be an optional thing, but it'll be up to the Mods whether to award someone per month (or not) - if not, fair do's.

Quote:
Also, the forums will be full of idiots running around doing everything they can for karma, which is just infuriating for anyone on this forum with the decency and common sense.
I'm sure the Mods will keep an eye on those 'idiots' and just be wary of them, like they are now.

I'm not trying to impose this as the 'best' idea (for it may just be the opposite) - I'm sure most of you will disagree, although some may agree (but will add something different to make it sound better :P) but I'm merely trying to help (adding something to the 'idea pool' as it were) - if you find this idea awkward, silly or out of the question etc fair enough, ignore it.

Old 12 Nov 2009, 20:00   #16 (permalink)
Shas'El

You make fair points Kakashi, and simply throwing ideas around can often give others inspiration. Sure, I'm arguing with you, but we're hardly ranting.

Quote:
Old 12 Nov 2009, 20:08   #17 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
You make fair points Kakashi, and simply throwing ideas around can often give others inspiration. Sure, I'm arguing with you, but we're hardly ranting.
You're too kind Broken You've made fair points too, and it did make me think a little, thanks.

Old 12 Nov 2009, 21:35   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've had an idea, what about we do quotes of the month thing with a selection of the funniest/out of context quotes that have been said.

What do you guys think?

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 21:39   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams
I've had an idea, what about we do quotes of the month thing with a selection of the funniest/out of context quotes that have been said.

What do you guys think?
Do you know what, that is the best idea so far. :P

Old 14 Nov 2009, 22:19   #20 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quotes could work, although they may have to be tempered a little and we can't have anything too... blue or anything that requires to be "in" on a personal joke to get.

As for the karma/custom thing, the karma is workable idea and I'll have a look to adding it soon
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote