Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help save the newsletter!
Reply
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:01   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 845
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

I can help on the Fluff/Story parts and the hobby parts aswell if you want me too as I really enjoyed the newsletter when it came out.
__________________
PLease fight my guy please as he is
http://ushar.mybrute.com
Please click on him to level him up.


If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:20   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 2,823
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tyross
I'm not sure there are enough people who get Custom titles to do the Custom title idea (as there tends to be a glut one month and nothing the next).
Could Custom Titles be awarded to someone per month? So (monthly) - (a) member(s) are/is chosen, then the chosen member(s) posts/karma are regarded and/or how long they've been a member, then a vote is cast whether this/the member(s) deserves one? I would imagine this would be the protocol anyways :P. But I hope you get the idea, perhaps it'll make members change the way they
No. No, and no.

Custom Titles are for long-serving members who have either contributed greatly to the forums, or have acquired twenty-five positive karma. Usually it's both. Don't turn it into some kind of competition like several people already treat karma, it just devalues it.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:25   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TO!
Posts: 3,293
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken.
No. No, and no.

Custom Titles are for long-serving members who have either contributed greatly to the forums, or have acquired twenty-five positive karma. Usually it's both. Don't turn it into some kind of competition like several people already treat karma, it just devalues it.
Perhaps I should've added 'For long-serving members' in my original post because that's what it's intended for, my apologies. :P I'll go ahead and edit it.
__________________

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:28   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 2,823
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken.
No. No, and no.

Custom Titles are for long-serving members who have either contributed greatly to the forums, or have acquired twenty-five positive karma. Usually it's both. Don't turn it into some kind of competition like several people already treat karma, it just devalues it.
Perhaps I should've added 'For long-serving members' in my original post because that's what it's intended for, my apologies. :P I'll go ahead and edit it.
Personally, I would still disagree. Moderators can award the Custom Titles privately, then just make an announcement in the forums, through the newsletter or both. If they're awarded once per month, then undeserving people will eventually begin to receive the titles, as there will be no candidates who actually meet the requirements. Also, the forums will be full of idiots running around doing everything they can for karma, which is just infuriating for anyone on this forum with the decency and common sense.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 19:47   #15 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TO!
Posts: 3,293
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken.
Personally, I would still disagree. Moderators can award the Custom Titles privately, then just make an announcement in the forums, through the newsletter or both. If they're awarded once per month, then undeserving people will eventually begin to receive the titles, as there will be no candidates who actually meet the requirements.
Fair enough, but if it get's to a point where there is no deserving people say for a month, then no Custom Title shall be awarded. It could be an optional thing, but it'll be up to the Mods whether to award someone per month (or not) - if not, fair do's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken.
Also, the forums will be full of idiots running around doing everything they can for karma, which is just infuriating for anyone on this forum with the decency and common sense.
I'm sure the Mods will keep an eye on those 'idiots' and just be wary of them, like they are now.

I'm not trying to impose this as the 'best' idea (for it may just be the opposite) - I'm sure most of you will disagree, although some may agree (but will add something different to make it sound better :P) but I'm merely trying to help (adding something to the 'idea pool' as it were) - if you find this idea awkward, silly or out of the question etc fair enough, ignore it.
__________________

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 20:00   #16 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 2,823
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

You make fair points Kakashi, and simply throwing ideas around can often give others inspiration. Sure, I'm arguing with you, but we're hardly ranting.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 20:08   #17 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TO!
Posts: 3,293
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken.
You make fair points Kakashi, and simply throwing ideas around can often give others inspiration. Sure, I'm arguing with you, but we're hardly ranting.
You're too kind Broken You've made fair points too, and it did make me think a little, thanks.
__________________

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 21:35   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 845
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

I've had an idea, what about we do quotes of the month thing with a selection of the funniest/out of context quotes that have been said.

What do you guys think?
__________________
PLease fight my guy please as he is
http://ushar.mybrute.com
Please click on him to level him up.


If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 21:39   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TO!
Posts: 3,293
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams
I've had an idea, what about we do quotes of the month thing with a selection of the funniest/out of context quotes that have been said.

What do you guys think?
Do you know what, that is the best idea so far. :P
__________________

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2009, 22:19   #20 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 16,024
Default Re: Help save the newsletter!

Quotes could work, although they may have to be tempered a little and we can't have anything too... blue or anything that requires to be "in" on a personal joke to get.

As for the karma/custom thing, the karma is workable idea and I'll have a look to adding it soon
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Save is better? Fate13 General 40K 20 22 Nov 2009 17:04
To save or not to save... LtCariad Tau 6 11 Mar 2009 08:44
Save the net! Bugga62 Serious Debate and Discussion 58 25 Jun 2008 22:23
I'm here to Save the Day! Chton Enclave Talk 6 19 Mar 2008 00:19
Newsletter Signup and Past Newsletter Links FTyross The Tau Online Newsletter 0 30 May 2006 10:27