|01 Sep 2008, 12:56||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Entry L - Pulsing Storm, Pulsing Blood
Title: “Pulsing Storm, Pulsing Blood”
Meaning of TAU words are taken from http://www.cygnusx1.info/tau/lexicon.asp for the consistency purposes.
Aloh'Nan – Cold Sword
Sho'Ka'Anuk – Vigilant Bird
M'Yen'Sha – Unforseen Wind
Eldi'Au – Winged Fear
Mon'Shas – Black Flame
J'Kaara'Nan – Mirror sword
Sha'Kayon – Storm Hunter
Mon'Kir'shash'vre – Black Castellan
Bentu'sin'B – Gifted Shepherd
Shoka'Shas – Vigilant Flame
Mont're'Retha – Temple of War
Il'porrui'Sha – Storm Emissaries
***Orbit of Lagan IX, Command Cruiser Mont're'Retha***
Communication with Cruiser “Sho’Ka’Anuk” has been Terminated, - reported the indifferent metal voice of the onboard computer.
Both Aun’Vre Bentu’sin’B and Kor’El Shoka’Shas looked pale and disturbed. Their eyes expressed both sadness and disbelief. Silence lasted no more then few centi-decas but for the two TAU, it seemed to last much longer. Their faces were changing and many thoughts passed thru their minds. Finally Ethereal turned his sight towards the Kor’El and broke the silence,
- My friend, you must follow me now, - They both have excited the command room and headed towards the Aun’Vre private quarters. Two tau were silently striding thru the hall and in few centi-decas they had approached the elevators. Aun’Vre ‘s hand slided over the control panel and his fingers quickly entered the needed destination.
Lights raced on the inner holo-pannel symbolizing elevator’s position, and soon the doors had opened and both TAU had walked into the cabin. As the door closed, Ethereal had disturbed the silence once more.
- It is unfortunate indeed my friend, - he said with barely noticeable shaking in his voice, - But the important thing is what we can do about this situation… - Aun’Vre made a pause and turned toward his companion, His face had suddenly changed and his gaze became focused on young Kor’El ‘s eyes, - You will speak of this to none , - said he with a strong and sturdy voice, - The radio transmission from Sho’Ka’Anuk had never reached us, make sure to dispose of the recorded files immediately after this conversation, - continued Ethereal. As Aun’Vre spoke the face of the young Kor’El had changed from sadness onto fear and shock. His eyes opened widely. His face expressed the need to say something, but words just seem to be stuck in his mouse. Finally he gathered up his will and replied,
- But, why would we… - as he was beginning to speak, Aun’Vre Had swiftly interrupted him
- This is a matter of preserving our Tau’va and serving our people, - he said with a monumentally strong voice, his eyes looked cold and his gaze was unshakable,
- As far as we know, the ship is lost to us, it is lost to the Tau’Va which means it is lost to all of us, - His gaze had suddenly eased the grip on the young Kor’El ‘s conscious and Bentu’sin’B add with slightly easier voice,
- For all we know the Sho’Ka’Anuk could have been destroyed by the Gue’la Strike Cruiser… Either way, it is lost to the Tau’Va, but this is what we shell report to the higher command, - Ethereal put the hand on the Shoka’Shas shoulder, - I hope you can understand this course of action my friend.
Kor’El ‘s mind was distorted and confused, thru fear and chaos he suddenly felt the comforting touch of Aun’Vre on his shoulder, his eyes and mind were slightly eased. His mind had finally stopped racing and he looked at the situation with a calm eyes, Few centi-decas later he was finally able to reply – Yes… yes I understand the need in this decision… I shell prepare the report on this incident and submit it to you for your approval… - Finished he as the door of the elevator had opened in front of him.
Aun’Vre had walked in to his quarters and turned to the Kor’El, there eyes met again and Ethereal said with a much calmer voice – You should rest, you have been thru enough in past 3 decas then most tau do not experience in their life time… I shell notify commander Mon'Kir'shash'vre to lead the retreat maneuvers and the evacuation of the Lagan IX.
- Thank you..., replied Kor’El after a short pause. – I shell be back and… normal in no more then 2 decas…
- Take your time, - said Ethereal and smiled with a slight, carrying smile.
Shoka’Shas had walked into the elevator and slided his hand over the control panel, his mind was still broken and his thoughts shattered and distorted. He leaned on the smooth metal wall of the elevator and closed his eyes. He could not believe that just 5 decas could have change his mind and life so much. Only about 5 decas ago, he had other things to worry about and his mind was safe and strong…
Only about 5 decas ago…
***5.7 decas ago, Orbit of Lagan IV, TAU cruiser Sho’Ka’Anuk***
A quiet sound of the ventilation was the only thing that disturbed otherwise perfect silence in the command room of the ship. Shas’El M'Yen'Sha was standing tall next to the holographic map. Next to him, leaning on the wall silently, was his blood brother Kor’El Aloh'Nan. Both of them quietly looked at the holo-map that had revealed a terrifying visage.
Shas’El firmly slided his hand over the map and the device had responded with a quiet wailing noise and started changing and showing new details of the conflict. Suddenly, he quickly flicked his fingers and the map showed the proximity of space near the Farm world, Lagan IV…
- That’s all that the scout ships have found so far…- Finally broke the silence Kor’El, - A single Gue’la “Strike Cruiser” was spotted just a deca ago approaching the inner orbit of Lagan IV. Perhaps the company will split its forces after initial assault on Lagan VI?” Added he with a slight hope in his voice.
- Perhaps… - answered Shas’El without lifting his eyes from the map. – “But Unlikely…” he took his hand of the maps holo-interface which responded with a slight noise – “With only 4 worlds of any value in this system, Gue’La are likely to hit farm worlds next. With our main defense base-point taken over, that is the most logical choice… Lagan IV is next and with it, the system’s main farm world and the primary kroot encampment - Said M'Yen'Sha with a sturdy but calm voice. – Any word from the central flagship? Or the Central command?
- No. – replied the Captain. – We had sent a distress signal but the assault happened so fast… If our scouts weren’t happen to nearly bump in to the Gue’la formation, we wouldn’t even knew that Lagan VI was taken over. We have sent the signals to the main formations and central command, but so far we have not received any response. Perhaps we should wait for..
Shas’El turn his gaze upon his brother and cut his phrase short with a swift response
- For what? You seen how fast our main bastion was annihilated! And this is a farm world, with little to no interplanetary defense! It will be slaughtered in less then a deca! … Even if Gue’la were to underestimate us and split there forces, two or three gunships will be enough level this world’s defenses and settlements of our brothers into the ashes while we sit here and wait for the command’s response. – finished M’Yen’Sha.
- So what do you purpose brother? Asked Aloh'Nan with much sturdier voice.
- We have to intercept the Gue’la forces on the ground and hold them off long enough for the planets full evacuation, – replied Shas’El with a calmer tone – He took a step forward and laced his hand on the Kor’El shoulder. – These are our brothers, they would do the same for us. This our Tau’Va to fulfill.
Aloh'Nan looked at his brother silently and then finally nodded.
- We have to contact the interplanetary defense immediately, – He added and quickly slided his hands over the holo-map in a complex pattern and the maps expanded into several communication screens, maps, tables and a control panels. Kor’El ‘s fingers gently activated multiple commands and the holo-map’s transforming and changing it at will. In few second the signal to the Lagan IV was sent and the same message was sent thru the ship’s internal network. - Now it is just the matter of time finished Aloh'Nan
- I shell prepare cadre for the shock deployment. If we want to avoid the direct contact with the enemy vessels we must wait for them to assault the planet and then drop our own force. - replied Shas’El
- I shell shutdown the engines so the ship will have less chance of being spotted and the element of surprise will remains with us… It is our only chance as I see it, - added Kor’El
- Right, We are going to have to mobilize all available cadres. I think we must send the escort ships and the Kaara’la scouting cadre ahead so they can start the evacuation…
His sentence was interrupted as the holo-map communication screen started to flick and then morph into the image of the Commander on interplanetary defense, - Master Shaper “Wailing gaze”. The cold voice of the machine reported that the connection with Lagan IV has been established. Kroot’s face had barley showed any frustration beside a slight shaking of his quills. Both Tau quickly turned there eyes towards the holo-map and Kor’El quickly spoke to the shaper.
- Greetings brother, I understand that you have received our message?
- Indeed, - replied kroot with a slightly disturbed voice, - What are your suggestions?
- We have to evacuate your kindred and the Gue’Vesa stationed at that this world. The Gue’la assault force will likely to hit the planet in about two to five deca
- I see…, - said kroot and after a slight pause continued, - I will administer the full activation of all available inter planetary defense, we shell prepare… As kroot spoke the sentence, the holo – map started to change again and quickly showed a second channel with the emergency message. The cold voice of the machine kindly noted that the scout ships had just reported spotting three smaller vessels leaving the main Gue’la ship.
- They will enter the atmosphere in approximately one deca, - concluded the message.
Both TAU were puzzled by this turn of events. Shas’El turned to kroot and without wasting a centi-deca concluded,
- Those are vanguard gunships, they will attempt to take the planet with less force so that the main fleet can continue its movement. There is no time left to waste, we must initiate the drop immediately, - he turned his gaze to the Kor’El and nodded, Kor’El looked at his eyes and nodded back.
Three of the commanders silently looked at each other and then the communication was terminated. Shas’El quickly walked towards the elevators as the Kor’El had approached the holo-map and administered the high alert status throughout the ship, informing the crew and other cadre leaders about the upcoming plans.
As Shas’El was entering the elevator, he pressed the button on his headset which activated the inner-ship communication lines. As the elevator raced thru the ship’s hull towards the arsenal and landing bays, the Shas’El did not wasted a single moment. Cold voice of the inner-comm soon replied that the connections with all 4 leaders were established. Loosing no time M’Yen’Sha started the conversation with a swift yet calm message.
- I trust that everyone had received the ship-wide message and the necessary intelligence on targets and the terrain, so we shell get right to plan.
- It is kinda of an early notice don‘t you think? The meal is in less then a deca, isn’t it better to fight on the full stomach? – Replied, sarcastically a playful female TAU voice.
- J’Kaara’Nan, this is not the time for your nonsense sharades! Especially when your cadre is the one going vanguard! – Furiously replied M’Yen’Sha, - Administer your stealth suits and sniper teams to set up cross fire traps at the possible trajectories of the foe’s maneuvers, then…
Shas’El’s sentence was suddenly interrupted by the cold voice of the on board computer that stated that Enemy’s ships will enter the atmosphere in approximately a 0.79 deca, -
- Scout detachment had identified ships as a single assault transport of a class “thunder hawk” escorted by two “gun boats” of a class thunder hawk, - concluded the mechanical voice.
- Looks like the Gue’la had decided to play out a fast blitz here, - quickly concluded a sturdy TAU voice.
- Commander Mon’Shas sums it up very well, - added M’Yen’Sha , - Ok back to the plan, J’Kaara’Nan ‘s and Mon’Shas ‘s cadres are going vanguard to set up the evacuation positions. As soon as Gue’la will enter the atmosphere, the rest of our forces will land in the attempt to outflank the enemy. We must push them back for our ground forces to be evacuated, any question? - finished Shas’El and listened to the comforting silence of the response.
- Very well then, - said he with a calm and reassuring voice, - To arms brothers and sisters.
As he spoken these words, the automatic message reported that he is arriving to the cargo bay A-2. The elevator smoothly came to stop and a polished metal door of the elevator gently slided into the wall. The laud cacophony of metallic noises mixed with the voice of TAU Fire Warriors and crying of sirens instantly invaded the mind of Shas’El. As he was exiting the elevator a quick though raced thru his mind, “We must hurry, this is no place for failure”. M’Yen’Sha raced towards his cadre’s manta. The majestic air craft was softly standing on the steel plated floor. As he sprinted toward his suit, he saw his cadre loading their guns, checking equipment and entering the XV’s. As he sprinted towards his Crisis Suit, M’Yen’Sha yelled towards his comrades
- Il'porrui'Sha ! Lock and Load it is time for a battle!, - In response, the TAU standing near the manta yelled as one
- For TAU’VA for our Brothers!
With these words, Shas’El jumped on to the battle suit that was standing on the equipment elevator platform near the manta. M’Yen’Sha quickly climed inside and laid on the metal-ceramic interior of the suit. He pressed an activation combination and rested his head and arms. In a split moment, the safety harnesses wrapped around his, arms, legs and body and the neuro-interface connectors quickly borrowed into his skin, thur the armor access points and the front piece of battle suit armor slided back in its place, closing him inside. M’Yen’Sha entered the battle suit hundredth of times, yet every time, this made him feel unease on both his stomach and his mind. His slipped out of conscious for a centi-deca or two but then a mild jolt passed thru his spine and he quickly regained orientation. His mind quickly focused on the goals at hand, and the suit was now just the nearly a part of his own body. A smooth female TAU metal voice of the suit’s on board computer loudly greeted him from the inside of his head and then cheerfully reported that all of systems were functioning at full capacity.
The monumental piece of TAU technology had quickly responded to the Shas’El ‘s subconscious commands and started to stride in to the Manta’s XV drop bay. The rest of the cadre were hastily entering the aircraft and strapping themselves in for a shaky ride. In a moment, the loading ramps were raised, and a huge piece of floor suddenly descended into the launching by, taking the Manta with it. The floor panel closed behind the decending aircraft, sleaing the drop bay. Four Gravetic hooks gently lifted, the manta up from the floor to.
As the aircraft was ready for its departure, Manta’s pilot broke the radio silence.
- I hope you have strapped your self properly comrades, we are free falling in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.
With these words, the gravitic hooks gently pushed the vessel into the space and the ship dived into the harsh cold vacuum of space. Inside the aircraft, despite the shock absorbing straps, the passengers felt quite uneasy. Pressed tightly, into there safety gear, every TAU, felt the pressure all over their bodies. The ship was building up speed and took course to intercept the potential ground forces of the opponent. With it, two other mantas, and the air support “Tiger Shark – Barracuda” strike squad Mon’Taal took similar courses. Two vanguard mantas however, pushed their engines to the limit and prepared for a “Semi-impact” atmosphere entrance.
Soon, the pilots of the second echelon could see how two vanguard vessels have lightened up with the atmosphere gas heating up and ionizing around the force fields that shielded the aircrafts from being incinerated.
Centi-decas, passed slowly as Shas’El and the entire second drifted sailed thru the void and anxiously awaited news from scouts and the vanguards. Shas’El ‘s mind was disturbed, but he forced himself into a stasis, closed his eyes and just waited…
Finally the radio silence was broken by a loud voice of the machine, reporting that the vanguard force send a message that the deployment was successful and the evacuation had began. The message that followed however, brought the vive of the upcoming battle right into the M’Yen’Sha ‘s mind.
- Scouts have reported that the gue’la Strike force will enter the atmosphere in 20, they will reach the ground forces in 50, beginning the count down, - finished the cheerful yet completely indifferent voice of the on-board computer.
- You heard the lady, - broke the silence Shas’El, - We are live in 45.
- Affirmative commander, taking noise dive in 15, hold on to your gear… - Calmly reported the pilot.
- Strike Squad Mon’Taal, taking out gun boats is a priority number one. Once the forces are dropped, all mantas are to aid in evacuation of our allied forces. In the name of Tau’Va brothers, - ordered M’Yen’Sha
- Affirmative, Shas’El – Quickly responded pilots of the aircrafts.
With these words, the echelon quickly started taking a nose dive into the atmosphere and preparing for strike. The fighter squad immediately parted with a main formation and trusted forward, to the intended interception sector. The mantas, engaged the afterburners and quickly started to descend into the atmosphere. Despite the supportive and anti shock gear, every passenger could feel when aircraft had finally hit the atmosphere and started to slice thru it.
Moments passed slowly and painfully both physically and mentally as the manta approached it drop of point. Soon the computer announced that the scanners had spotted the approaching Gue’la force.
|01 Sep 2008, 12:57||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: Entry L - Pulsing Storm, Pulsing Blood
- Commander J’Kaar’Nan had also reported getting a clear visual on the hostiles,
approximate time to the designated sector is 10 centi-decas, - finished the voice of the onboard computer
Shas’El ‘s did not make the cadre wait for the response.
- Excellent, said he, - It appears the maneuver was successful. We are disembarking in 5, get ready, - finished he with an unshakable courage in his voice, anyone who heard him now, knew that he was ready for a true battle.
With these words a huge aircraft extended the landing gear and engaged retro thrusters slowing down and soon gently landing on grassy plain, raising clouds of dust and debris. Landing ramps quickly extend with a loud whistling metallic noise and dropped on to the ground raising more dust.
Two squads of Fire warriors quickly poured out of the hull’s upper deck, at the same moment two transports and two heavy tanks gently yet quickly slided out of the lower deck preparing to pick the Troops. Crisis teams, lead by Commander M’Yen’Sha, followed the armored column. Quickly boarding passing by transports, fire warriors joined the formation.
As the soon as column departed, the manta quickly retracted the ramps and took a course on to the kroot combat camp to participate in the evacuation. Advancing quickly towards the intended location, the column loosened the coherency and forming cone-like formation. Light of a bright blue star “Lagan” erratically played on the armored hulls of the speeding however crafts, as they raised dust, speeding towards the battle. Shas’El quickly ordered a scanner sweep and initiated last minute communications.
- Sha'Kayon, Eldi'Au. I am hoping the mirror maneuver was successful and you and your cadres are on your way.
- Affirmative, - replied Sha’Kayon, - we are heading towards the perpetrators as we speak.
- We are good on our end too, - replied Eldi’Au – Lets give them what they have coming for them.
- Excellent, - continued Shas’El, - J’Kaara’Nan as soon as you get visual, fire at will, we will intercept in 15.
The conversation was cut short as with these words, the battle field was rocked by a series of air shuttering explosions. Shas’El was already trying to sweet the area with scanners but in a moment, he realized that his eyes were all he needed. In the sky, the spectacular aerial combat was taking place. Two Gue’la gun boats were trying to shake off the Mon’Taal interceptors of their tail. Gue’la vessels quickly split ways, dividing and diverting TAU interceptors. Yet valley after valley, one of the gunboats couldn’t shake of the persistent TAU.
One of the Ion cannon blasts clearly rendered the left turbine engine useless. Quickly, a huge armored metal construct had started to spectacularly fall from the sky leaving a trail of pitch black smoke. In few moments, the gunboat slammed right into the dirt, raising a storm of debris and metal shrapnel. Violently burnings, the crashed Thunderhawk exploded, sending storm of metal shrapnel in every direction. Several of the sniper and pathfinder teams of the J’Kaara’Nan cadre, had to quickly to duck and cover. The once who weren’t quick enough, fell victims to metal shards, bolts and other pieces of hull that pierced TAU’s nanoceramic armor like card board when they hit.
The second squad of interceptors however, led by tiger shark, failed to outperform the skillful maneuvers of a second aircraft. The only success was the fact that the squad had managed to drive the enemy away from the main encampment.
Finally Shas’El saw a third aircraft, flying close to the ground and dropping two rhino units along with 5 motorized Gue’la. The transport and bike squad had quickly trusted toward the encampment, while rhinos, covered in clouds of smoke dust, split and took course towards the flanking TAU cadres.
Observing this, Shas’El quickly started to send the orders on the intercom.
- Mon’Taal, split your forces and push the third aircraft away from settlement immediately! Don’t let it start bombarding our positions!
The warning however was sent to late as the transport had already unloaded every missile that it carried, the valley of “hell strike missiles” as gue’la called them, approached the encampment with an alarming speed. Kroot and Gue’la quickly poured out of the barracks and bunkers, dropping to the ground. In a moment, the valley slammed into the base. Bunkers, fuel supplies, ammo storages and barracks were hit in blown to bits spilling flame, shrapnel and gravel in every direction. Few missiles nicked the grounded Manta that aided in the evacuations. Luckily the payload of the missile couldn’t come close to penetrating the force fields and armor of the aircrafts.
The encampment was in disarray. Most kroot remained calm however and retreated towards the nearest trenches, preparing to fight of the approaching motorized spearhead. Gue’Vesa however were far less quiet and started an erratic retreat towards the Mantas. The cadre under command of Mon'Shas, which aided and overseer the evacuation didn’t waste the time and reacted immediately. Fire warrior teams quickly rushed towards front line to cover the retreating gue’vesa and open fire up on the approaching enemy. The landscape was lighten with bright blue flashed as valley after valley of pulse shots exited the heated barrels of pulse rifles and slammed into every object that crossed their pass. A near unshakable armor of enemy stopped most of them and saved the Gue’la from the destructive fire power unleashed up on them. Some of the rounds however ruptured the fuel lines of one of the motorcycles and damaged the power core of the armor of the rider. Disoriented, the enemy’s bicycle had spin out of control and collided with a huge rock, exploding on the impact and throwing a mangled and partially dismembered corpse of a rider into the dirt in front of him.
Meanwhile, without wasting a single moment, M’Yen’Sha had quickly trusting towards the approaching APC. Scanning the incoming transport, he quickly dropped the message over the inter-com.
- All cadres, switch to the infra-red scanners, fire at will! Eldi'Au move in to intercept the
motorized squad immediately! We can not afford to let them reach the encampment!
- I’m on top of it, - quickly answered the grizzled and vigorous TAU female voice of the
At this time the battle field was turn open with multiple combats, shaking from the explosions and lightened up with fire pouring from the barrels of the guns. The air was filled with dust and ash.
On the flanks, the hammer heads and XV8 teams of both Eldi'Nan and Il'porrui'Sha cadres had quickly opened fire up on the approaching APCs. Ion cannons and missile pods let loose of hail of particle impulses and explosive missiles creating waves of fire and energy. Gue’La APC couldn’t stand up long enough to this onslaught and soon, rendered with wholes and burning, the transport had exploded setting chunks of metal into the air.
On the left flank, M’Yen’Sha had quickly scanned the wreckage and failed to find any traces of live occupants. A though raced thru his mind, - “It’s a trap” He quickly repeted it out loud over the intercom
- It’s a trap! - yelled he over the link, - They’ve outsmarted us! we must …–
His words were interrupted with hail of bolt gun shells and plasma particles flying his way out of the smoke and dust screen and slamming into his suit and the surrounding objects. Some plasma shots hit his comrades, turning two XV8s suit into the molten metal scarp piles and ripping half of the arm from another. Shas’El and his squad hastily reactivated thrusters in attempt to dodge the incoming waves. Few shells hit commander’s XV8 left leg and ruptured hydraulic fuel lines.
- Sustaining damage in the left leg, - Alerted him a metallic voice of the on board computer, - losing hydraulic pressure.
- Seal it of, - subconsciously ordered Shas’El, - Identify targets in range, engage both weapon systems.
- Targets identified as Elite Gue’la, charging Cyclic Ion Blaster, targets are in striking distance.
Switching their plasma rifles into the full auto fire, Shas’El and his squads rained death up on the enemy squad. Two Gue’la dropped instantly as plasma melted thru their armor in seconds, turning their flesh and bones into ash. Three more got some of their limbs melted of in few short moments. The whole squad quickly ducked into cover, throwing grenades to distract the TAU. Metal Shrapnel couldn’t damage the XV8’s armor, simply scraping some of the outer layers and leaving burned tracing marks all over the armor plated constructs.
It is time to smoke them out quickly though Shas’El and ordered the friendly APCs to swing around the obstacles and unload the troops.
- As you say, - responded drivers and quickly pressed the redirected engines towards the cover. As the vehicles swinged around the cover, Crisis teams lay down cover fire.
Yet Gue’La were relentless, firing valley after valley of shells and plasma burst towards the approaching vehicles. Few of those managed to damage one of the engines of the second APC. The vehicle had spin to the left and loudly crashed on its belly sliding thru the dirt. Troops inside were pinned, unable to get out with bolter shells bouncing of the vehicles hull. The first team however managed to disembarked under hail of bolter fire and let loose the rain of pulse rounds and valleys of photons grenades on the Gue’la, taunting them to leave the cover.
Gue’La were trapped, with no way out and their wounded dieing from the pulse fire, remaining enemies lead the last charge up on the pinned warriors. But retribution from TAU was swift. The valley of plasma and Ion cannon blasts left nothing but smoking corpses, carters and molten armor on the ground.
- No targets are sited, - calmly reported the computer.
M’Yen’Sha was relieved, but battle was far from won. The gun boats managed to shake of and hit few of the barracudas, downing two and then swooped towards the right flank. The picture there was not so lucky to begin with. Falling into the same trap that was set by the first tactical squad of Gue’La, the Sha’Kayon and his cadre were pushed right into a crosshairs of a passing gun boat. Most of the cadre was obliterated with a valley of turbo laser and auto cannon fire in split seconds.
A third combat took place in the middle of the battle field on the frontier of the settlement. The intercepting assault spear head under command of Eldi’Au had successfully distracted a motorized strike force from focusing on the camp. Three transports and two XV8 squads quickly circled around the disoriented Gue’la that tried to shake them off. Enemy fired erratically, trying to bring down the armored infantry and find the weak spots in the APCs armor. One of the enemy soldiers draw a strange hand held device and quickly strafed towards the closest, to him, APC. Raising an unusual weapon, he quickly squeezed the trigger. Weapon momentarily began to glow with a bright orange aura around its barrel and ejected a stream of a unnaturally high temperature stream of substance that burned thru a hull of the vehicle like a hot metal thru wax. The Fire warriors inside, who were used to bailing out, quickly opened the hatches and jumped on the ground as their transport felled down in flames with ruptured side and then exploded a few moments later. Warriors were pinned down, but the help came quickly. The other transports quickly unloaded the rest of the troops, which in turn dropped a hail of fire up on the gue’la forces. XV8s equipped as “fire storms”, quickly let loose missiles and burst rounds up on the targets. Gue’La retaliated with bolter fire, but the numbers were not on their side. As two of the bikes rapidly exploded throwing the incapacitated drivers out of the seats, the remaining soldiers, tried to brake the “vicious circle” by punching thru pinned warriors, slaughtering few with point blank shots and swift blows of chain swords.
But as soon as they tried to retreat the way they came, they have drove thru a sniper zone set up by the J’Kaara’Nan and her stealth cadre. Suddenly appearing stealth teams opened fire up on passing bikes, mangling one. The last one was lucky enough to escape the slaughter yet, the rail rifle round from the last remaining sniper team, found it target and ripped half of the enemy’s body on impact.
M’yen’Sha and his cadre moved on to the last remaining squad, but to his surprise, the squad was retreating. He quickly evaluated the situation and then spoken thru inter-com.
- All cadres are to retreat to the base camp immediately, - he said he with a swift commanding tone.
- But why, we have them on the run, we can finish them now! – quickly questioned him J'Kaara'Nan.
- Indeed sir, we only need to make one last push, - quickly added Eldi’Au
- Its not our mission sharply replied – M’Yen’Sha, - we have to evacuated our forces first. Gue’la will retreat and then they will hit us harder with their entire company. That w will not live thru. If we chaise off after one squad, we will waste precious time, - he said, and then added with sadness in his voice – and who knows how many more of us we will fall… enough TAU blood was spilled for one rota…
As all cadres quickly started retreating, and the surviving gue’la withdrew into their transport, a message from on the intercom suddenly broke the radio silence. The machine reported that captain of the Aloh'Nan had an ergent message.
- Patch him thru replied Shas’El M’Yen’Sha, - What is the urgency brother, - quickly add he as soon as the line was established.
- Its command brother… They have a message for us.
- So what is it? I have a good message for them, we have successfully bought time for evacuation.
- It is great news indeed… yet I suggest you to listen to this, said Kor’El with a flickering and sadness in his voice, - I am patching you thru
“This is Aun'Vre Bentu'sin'B, commander of the fleet in this sector. Commander M’Yen’Sha is requested to immediately retreat all remaining TAU forces from planet Lagan IV and to set course towards main fleet. You must leave kroot and Gue’vesa stationed there, so they can\ buy us some time. The evacuation of this world is not a priority for the Empire. Research and Development laboratories located on the Lagan IX is the system’s primary possession. We can not let it be destroyed. I understand that you took action based on your judgment with absence of a higher command’s guidance, but now you must follow the orders at hand. It must be done for the good of our people, for the good of our Empire, for the Tau’va.”
- End of message, - quickly informed him a metallic voice.
|01 Sep 2008, 12:57||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: Entry L - Pulsing Storm, Pulsing Blood
That phrase was followed by a grave silence. M’Yen’Sha ‘s mind raced violently in search of any possible explanation and rationalization for this statement. He started sweating and his gaze shacked in dispute and disbelieve. His heart raced and the vital sings went haywire. Every ward that he tried to push out of his throat seem to stick like glue. Finally, gathering stretching he simple dropped a first word over the inter com.
- No, - said he.
- No? What do you mean brother? – question him Kor’El with a touch of fear in his voice, - what do you propose…
- I mean that I am not leaving my brother to these Gue’La to slaughter, - answered M’yen’Sha quickly cutting Aloh’Nan ‘s sentence short, - This is not right… how can he claim this to be Tau’Va? Have he bleed across the stars with them? Have taken planets with them? Does he own his life to them?! He is lost it! This is not the Tau’Va we have been raised and taught with!...
- I agree with M’Yen’Sha, - Swiftly added J’Kaara’Nan, intruding into the conversation, - We have just lost a lot of blood over a single deca and a half, and now they ask us to just give hand them our blood on the plate! May be they want us to plant some flowers for the enemy too so they can feel at home! – finished she with a furious tone.
- I must agree with this as well, - noted Eldi'Au with calm and yet unshakable tone, - we can not jus eave out brothers to this butchery…
- As much as I disagree with the commands decision, what do you think out other options might be? – finally joined the conversation Mon’Shas, - if we disobey direct order of the Aun’Vre… this smells like reeducation for us and for our cadres, and most likely exile for our brothers…
With these words, M’Yen’Sha had spoken the phrase that no one of TAU heard before.
If these are our option, then I am leaving the empire, - said he. The silence of shock of the commanders couldn’t be described as they had never heard another TUA speak such words. Finally, M’Yen’Sha elaborated on his statement.
- This is not Tau’va that I know, not the Tau’va I was raised on. Aun’va would never sacrifice the lives of our people just to save some hulk of metal scrap! I will not allow this to happen, I will not accept this. I will find the way to fix this, but until then I will not be under command of this preacher. He never bled with me! He never bled with my brothers! He knows not what words he is preaching to me!... – Shas’El took a quick breathe and finally finished with a phrase,
- I will not force any of you to follow me, yet I will ask you as my blood, to help me…
A silence last for only 30 or 50 centi- decas, yet every single person participating in this conversation pictured it as an eternity.… One by one, commanders accepted this course of action and promised to stand by each other’s side.
- Then we shell broadcast the message immediately, - noted Kor’El. - Evacuation is near completion. Only a single garrison squad of kroot and your operating cadres are left. The Gue’la Strike cruiser will start bombarding the planet in about a deca, I suggest we hurry it up.
In less then half a deca, ground forces were gathered and evacuated on board of the Sho’Ka’Anuk. Most of the warriors and even kroot, were silent through the following deca. As ship had quickly restarted the engines and made its way out of the system, last Manta had successfully doceked and was raised into the cargo bay. Shas’El quickly flew out of the mantas lower deck and secured his suit. And in few moments, as soon as the neuro interface was disconnected and safety harness unhooked, M’Yen’Sha had existed his XV8 and rushed into the nearest elevator. Elevator gently closed the smooth metallic doors behind Shas’El and rushed towards its destination. His eyes were still racing and his mind couldn’t fully understand the significance of the actions his subconscious was about to take. But he felt with all his being and with every nerve in his body that this was not what he was raised with. As soon as the elevator had arrived to the designated destination, Shas’El had stormed out and rushed into the command room. Inside, Aloh'Nan & Master Shaper “Wailing gaze” were awaiting his arrival. He slowed down, and said slowly but with undeniable excitement.
- I am so glad to see you alive, brother, said he and shock kroot s hand.
- Like wise brother, replied kroot and hugged the commander, thank you for saving me and my people, added he.
- This is what brothers do, this is what Tau’Va is about… finished Shas’El
Then, M’Yen’Sha and Aloh’Nan established a connection with the flagship of the TAU forces in this region. The discussion as heated and both sides argued, until M’Yen’Sha had simply terminated the connection… Three brothers were silent and yet there faces expressed a dazzling array of feeling, yet all three of them remained silent, understanding that this moment had no space for words. Finally M’Yen’Sha had approached the holo-map and look at map of the region they’ve set a course too. His face suddenly changed to what someone might call a smile and he finally said softly yet without any excessive emotions.
- I do not know what the void has in store for us, but at least we all be there to find out…
The ships engines pushed the metallic behemoth thru planes of void, away from the ratcheted system, towards new life and new beginnings...
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Blood Angels: You'd be crazy not to take a Storm Raven Gunship.||Jedibean||Space Marines||106||14 Mar 2010 19:06|
|Entry D - The Job||AuinMyrrath||Tau Online Grand Summer Story Competition 2008||1||11 Aug 2008 20:13|
|Entry E - Untitled||42||Tau Online Grand Summer Story Competition 2007||2||31 Aug 2007 11:52|
|[Golden Demon Entry] My '04 Silver Duel Entry (As requested by the members here)||ShasEl_Tael||Showcase||62||24 Jan 2006 15:19|