Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Site hint
Closed Thread
Old 24 Aug 2005, 15:51   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Site hint

It would be great, if there was an army list part in the site. There would be hints and suggestions for army lists, and some ready example army lists, so all the Tau players would copy one and use it. Also the users would send new and ideal army lists.

Sounds good???
Old 24 Aug 2005, 15:52   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Site hint

Army lists go in the respective army board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 24 Aug 2005, 15:56   #3 (permalink)
Aun'O

A new section of the website will be here soon, and it's for just this purpose. I'm not sure exactly how long it'll take until this section is up, although this is being planned.

I think it was Tau Online V 1-3 that had an army list section, although it wasn't too useful and so it was removed. For the time being, check out the various army-specific boards for army lists.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 03:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to smilingyello Send a message via MSN to smilingyello Send a message via Yahoo to smilingyello

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Emperor
so all the Tau players would copy one and use it.
I don't want to seem mean or anything, but people play different then other people, if there was an army list that ALL the Tau players could use against ALL the armies of the Emporium, and you found it, yea you would want to share it, but people should learn at least how to make armies, before just using an already tested one that you have never used. I mean if you never used 3HH and saw the list that called for one, you just spent a WHOLE LOT of money for 3 HH only to find out that your opponent is using tyranids, and there is like 100 to your 3HH's, you know? not all list will work for all people, that's why i think if we just keep the army listings in their perspective boards people can discuss tactics, as well as army listings.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 08:00   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yea, but if you can find some good advices making army lists, and if you're a newbie starting to collect a Tau army, the lists would be very useful...
Old 25 Aug 2005, 10:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Well theres always the sample army lists in the Tau army list board - they're made by numerous members of this forum, each supplying lists for different point games, and across all of them, theres probably a range of different playstyles too.

But anyway, your suggestion has been taken into consideration. Until then refer to the Army Lists board.