Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Tau recruit.
Old 02 Nov 2010, 23:42   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I was gonna get a 3rd Broadside, add in the leader to the group of 3 and just get another hammerhead for my 3 heavy support choices, being x hammerheads and a group broadsides. Though you reckon a team of sniper drones would be more beneficial? If im reading correctly you can have 3 groups of them and it counts as 1 heavy support, sounds pretty sweet actually.
Bavatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2010, 12:23   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavatron View Post
I was gonna get a 3rd Broadside, add in the leader to the group of 3 and just get another hammerhead for my 3 heavy support choices, being x hammerheads and a group broadsides. Though you reckon a team of sniper drones would be more beneficial? If im reading correctly you can have 3 groups of them and it counts as 1 heavy support, sounds pretty sweet actually.
Yeah get some sniper drone there great at killing marines and can get through armourof tanks if your good at roling D6's that and you cvan use three of them and it only cost you 1 slot of heavy support.

Have a hammer head with whatever and then the broadside team i would say is the best idea then it's a good alround killing force.

Hope this helps

-maddosammo-

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2010, 22:36   #13 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

What should I use for Troop choice?
Just Fire Warriors or bring in a pack of 20 Kroot Carnivores with a Shaper for assault and infiltrate?
Maybe like 3 groups of Fire Warriors(x12) and a pack of Kroot(20 w. Shaper), I was thinking, along with my listed Heavy Support, seems alright o.O
Old 09 Nov 2010, 07:51   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i use 2 TAu 12 man squads and 1 20 man kroot canivore squad with i think 5 hound and 3 krootox

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2010, 15:52   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Definitely get some sniper drone teams, 3 in one slot with 3 drones each makes for some nasty fires. As far as troops, Im a little sick, I've got 2 12 man squads of firewarriors (one of which I sometimes break in 6 man teams for use in objective missions) but then have one kroot squad of 20 with currently only 6 kroot hound and a shaper available with a second group of 20 I commonly break into tens for meat shields. The big unit of kroot is commonly for flanking and major assaults, you just cant ignore 26 even minor troops swinging around a flank.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2010, 01:16   #16 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I bought another pack of Fire warriors, got 36 in total now... I was thinking maybe like 3 groups of 10 and a 10-15 pack of Kroot with a shaper for troops choice, got no hounds yet, reading up on them, they look like a must for Kroot groups.

I also now have a sold Sniper Drone Team, got 3 teams for 1 heavy slot, they look like they'll be breaking some faces :P.

And I've graped 6 Pathfinders with Rail Rifles, already got 4 normal pathfinders, 1 of with is a Shas'o one, bought him by himself. What would you suggest making 1 big group of 8, like 4 reg. Pathfinders with 4 Rail Rifles. Or split them into 2 smaller groups, or even have a pure Rail Rifles group of 6 and a Pathfinder reg. team of 4, i don't know a lot of choices to be had >.<.

Got my second HQ today as well with 2 Crisis battle suits ^_^. What would you recommend I equip them with for versing Space Marines, Plasma Rifles and Fusion Blaster with Target Lock is what I gave my First HQ with guards.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 04:47   #17 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddosammo View Post
hy glad you chose Tau, you will defenitly enjoy it right lets get down to business, i would like to know what equipment your guys use. I also wouldn't mind knowing what you go up agaiinst if you have played before if not doesn't matter.

I'd ditch your vespid unless your up against mech armies.

Get some more crisis suits and use magnet ot glue to conect themso you can re-outit your guys for different enemies

and get some pathfinders wit rail rifles so rthat you can markerlight enemies.

some tactics if you want them your hammerhead isn't a realiable anti-tank killer use your hammerhead as a bait whiile fusion blaster equiped crisis suits and/or broadsides move up to exaqute the kill.

Thats all i can give you at the time being as i don't know what each unit is equiped with.

Hope this helps

-maddosammo-

I need info on rail rifles o.o
Jackspicer_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 08:15   #18 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

on pathfinders for 10 points extra per model you can give them rail rifles and target lock. the weapons are s6 ap3 heavy 1 with a 36" range. great for light tank and marine killing! ive used them a few times and mostly people ignore them to take out my broadsides so they start to rack up the kills!
taulover55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2011, 08:58   #19 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Though you reckon a team of sniper drones would be more beneficial? If im reading correctly you can have 3 groups of them and it counts as 1 heavy support, sounds pretty sweet actually.
RoySon is offline   Reply With Quote