Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Trader Score
Old 25 Jun 2010, 02:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Trader Score

On the RX8Club forums they have added a nice new feature that includes a trading score in the person's profile. Similar to an Ebay score, this feature allows a member to leave feedback on another member's profile in regards to trades. They can give a positive(+1), neutral(+0), or negative(-1) feedback and add a small comment and the numerical value of their total feedback score will then show up on the person's profile just underneath their avatar.

I think this will give people an incentive to behave better in trading, as a negative feedback is harder to hide when anyone can see it every time you post. This also rewards people who trade often as they will have a good reputation on the site and find it will become easier to trade with people who have a high rating.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2010, 02:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Re: Trader Score

Isn't there already a thread in the trading board about it?
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2010, 02:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes there is. It's over 20 pages long and the last time the first post was updated was over a year ago. Nobody is going to go throuhg 20 pages of posts to see if the person they might be trading with has a good reputation or not.

It's a lot of work for someone to keep that list updated. Multiple people have tried, and it always end up being forgotten. This system will eliminate the need for that.

Old 27 Jun 2010, 07:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
On the RX8Club forums they have added a nice new feature that includes a trading score in the person's profile. Similar to an Ebay score, this feature allows a member to leave feedback on another member's profile in regards to trades. They can give a positive(+1), neutral(+0), or negative(-1) feedback and add a small comment and the numerical value of their total feedback score will then show up on the person's profile just underneath their avatar.

I think this will give people an incentive to behave better in trading, as a negative feedback is harder to hide when anyone can see it every time you post. This also rewards people who trade often as they will have a good reputation on the site and find it will become easier to trade with people who have a high rating.
There is a mod designed for SMF which allready does this but knowing FT he might start from scratch if he were to add this to the forum.
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2010, 08:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonic Sorck
Quote:

There is a mod designed for SMF which allready does this but knowing FT he might start from scratch crash the site if he were to add this to the forum.
Fixed :P
Old 27 Jun 2010, 08:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Just out of interest, how would one moderate such a system? How would you prevent abuse? Say, for example, I annoy someone on this forum; what methods would you put in place to prevent him from destroying my trader score with a few clicks of his mouse?

Likewise, how would you prevent someone from artificially inflating his own score through friends' accounts or something?
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2010, 08:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
It's a lot of work for someone to keep that list updated. Multiple people have tried, and it always end up being forgotten. This system will eliminate the need for that.
One must wonder.... how hard could that one be? I'm not trying to disparage whoever is the mod of that board, but.... all one would have to do is speak once in said thread for it to appear in their recent undread topics every time someone adds to it, then just add in what was said to the first page...

*Is there a trading board mod anymore?
Old 27 Jun 2010, 08:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian
Just out of interest, how would one moderate such a system? How would you prevent abuse? Say, for example, I annoy someone on this forum; what methods would you put in place to prevent him from destroying my trader score with a few clicks of his mouse?

Likewise, how would you prevent someone from artificially inflating his own score through friends' accounts or something?
Capped daily limits of changing others score, only once per trading thread or something along those lines.
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2010, 10:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian

The easiest solution to this would be to make the posts pass through moderation before they are approved. Similar to posts by moderated members that must await approval from a mod. Any mod could approve it and it just takes one click to approve or deny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj
Quote:
One must wonder.... how hard could that one be? I'm not trying to disparage whoever is the mod of that board, but.... all one would have to do is speak once in said thread for it to appear in their recent undread topics every time someone adds to it, then just add in what was said to the first page...

*Is there a trading board mod anymore?
I agree that it seems easy, but I've seem multiple times that this simply doesn't work.