Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Lets Play/Game Playing sub-forum?
Old 06 Jun 2010, 05:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Lets Play/Game Playing sub-forum?

Considering the apparent popularity of Circus's Galactic Civilisations II thread in the Enclave, would it be worth looking into a sub-board specifically for people to blog their exploits in long-running computer games?

It could work in a similar manner to the Let's Play forum on Something Awful (and the Let's Play archive) and, considering some of the discussion in Circus's thread, could consolidate any future such game play threads into it.

I don't honestly know whether instigating such a sub-board would be worth it, however. Whilst people may use it, and some people have certainly expressed an interest in doing so, I don't know whether we'd get enough traffic to be worth having one.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

As an aside, I'd suggest it be placed somewhere in the Enclave, to avoid it turning into another Let's Play clone that attracts too many people from outside the site who would come here only for that sub-board.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2010, 08:55   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Lets Play/Game Playing sub-forum?

I don't know what to say. Maybe?

It depends on the traffic - as it is we have circus doing one at the moment, and if others want to, there is nowt stopping them. If we do get lots spring up, then yeah we'd need a sub board.

So I guess it depends on interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2010, 09:30   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

It seems a bit unecessary to me, but I guess if there's lots of demand (and subsequently lots of activity) then I don't see why not.
Old 06 Jun 2010, 09:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't get me wrong. I agree with both of you that we don't know at this point yet whether such a thing would be necessary. I have no clue how many of our members would want to use and/or read the topics of such a board.

However, it did concern me mildly when Circus, in his initial post in his thread, stated that he "posted this (in the Enclave) rather than "Other Games" because I want to get some readers". Not because of what he did, but more because of the fact that the generally low traffic of the Other Games board may cause such future posts to be made in inappropriate places as a result. Hence my making this topic to see if other members felt whether or not such things should have their own place.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2010, 09:55   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Hmm maybe now that he has some readers we should shunt it back into the right board (with a redirection topic of course).

It is a problem. But then lots of sub-boards can make the problem worse, as you create more 'areas' for people to miss.