Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Point Cost Violation
Old 30 Apr 2010, 01:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman
Default Point Cost Violation

For the short time I've browsed the forums, I've seen three accounts of new members posting point costs of wargear and models. Maybe someone's missing something somewhere (which is expected, nobody's perfect) but I can see the frequency becoming a headache.

I was wondering if it might be possible to have the Board Guidelines and Rules moved to each Armies of 40k board (and not just the Army List sub-board, because not every army has an army list sub-board) or make an extra note somewhere or have it more clearly laid out, maybe in the Forum Rules under Posting of Copyrighted Information. I don't know, reading the rules on point costs in the various locations they are noted seems a little wordy and cluttered, sometimes maybe not clear if you're not the brightest person (or if you're reading through it really, really fast).

Or if you guys think it's not all that bad (I'm not the mod who has to read every new post, so I don't know) or that the current method of just watching out is working ok, then ok.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2010, 02:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Point Cost Violation

Well report the posts then... dont just tell the Mods that somewhere in the murky depths of the forums someone is posting points cost.

Use the report post button.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 02:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think what Autarch is referring to is not the posts themselves, but a solution to raise the awareness of new members as to copyrighted material, should they not see/understand the rules as they are and in their current location.

"Sometimes, I'm embarrassed to be your friend..."
Shas O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2010, 03:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Raksha got it.

It happens so frequently and so often from my POV that I think it could warrant some attention and tending to. In other words, I'm not seeing one case here and there once a month of someone doing it when I'm around. Just browsing for 2 days and I saw 3 cases of it. It could be happening as frequently as 4-5 times a week! Like I said, I don't know maybe I just happen to always randomly stumble on them every single time I just browse posts to reply to. Usually by the time I get there it's already been addressed; except once... twice.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote