Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Idea
Old 27 Feb 2010, 17:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default New Idea

Remove the protection Mods place over old members, particularly those with custom titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 17:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: New Idea

In what sense?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 17:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

I think that you need to step back, switch the computer off, go and cool off for a bit, and return when you've calmed down. It is obvious that you are extremely worked up and angry over something - and are thus in no fit state to be posting online. If you ignore this advice then I think that the strong likelihood is that you will continue to say things that you will regret later.

I've seen your posts in both the venting thread and the trading board, and the impression I get is that you've got extremely worked up over virtually nothing. Now I might be wrong. There may be other stuff going on behind the scenes that caused you to lash out in that dramatic manner. Now, if there is such stuff going on then I can't see it - and crucially the mods can't see it either. Del made this point to you in the Venting Thread. Now, if you feel that you are being harassed or otherwise abused by another member then it is up to you to report it properly. Throwing tantrums isn't going to get you anywhere.

Old 27 Feb 2010, 18:58   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...tml#msg1353969

If anyone wishes to know - heres the link to the post that gained the smite. As far as I can tell it's warranted no matter who posted it.

You can dig up the Venting thread stuff by visiting his profile.

Seriously man - what did you expect?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 20:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

There are countless examples of veteran members with custom titles being severely disciplined.
One of them has already posted in this thread, and I can name 2 others right off the bat.

In your case, IVEATCH, who handled the situation, is likely the least bias on the entire site.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 22:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

This overreaction in the most pure sense of the word.

Drop it.
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 22:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

With regards to the the 'smite-worthy' post; I followed that topic and did feel some sympathy for Broken as he was clearly being baited for a reaction. Perhaps unintentionally, but that's the impression other users comments gave.
Personally Id have dealt with things differently, but alas its not my place to question such things.
[hr]
But c'mon Broken mate, dont cause a ruckus over this and draw more negative attention, you aint doing yourself any favours here :P.
Forum members and mods are only human after all. As Tau-Killer says, if you feel screwed over talk to a mod or to FT. If that fails .. theeeeeen you can always blame FT instead i guess

Its no big deal at the end of the day mate, shit happens, as they say just continue with your trade and make some cash. *shrug*
Thantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 01:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Del made this point to you in the Venting Thread.
I never saw that because my Enclave access has been removed. I can only view the Sig Shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Now, if you feel that you are being harassed or otherwise abused by another member then it is up to you to report it properly. Throwing tantrums isn't going to get you anywhere.
I already have, but as usual - it seems - there was only one point of view. Eh, I was going to rant about the bias of some people again but I won't bother.

[hr]

This isn't about the smite, I've gotten over that. I'm just sick of having pointless trolls in that thread and then getting baited further, and that member puts on an innocent act. Notice how I was the one that requested to get the trading thread locked? But whatever, it all falls on the same ears. Anybody else noticed everyone who's posted is either a Mod or member with a Custom Title. :

[hr]

Cheers Thantos. You actually have some kind of understanding. Clearly people only knew about my smite, and presumably a warning too. But I love it when I get my Enclave access removed without warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 02:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not One of the Mod-Pets
This isn't about the smite, I've gotten over that. I'm just sick of having pointless trolls in that thread and then getting baited further, and that member puts on an innocent act. Notice how I was the one that requested to get the trading thread locked? But whatever, it all falls on the same ears. Anybody else noticed everyone who's posted is either a Mod or member with a Custom Title. :
I noticed that too. I'm not gonna speculate as to why.

Quote:
Cheers Thantos. You actually have some kind of understanding. Clearly people only knew about my smite, and presumably a warning too. But I love it when I get my Enclave access removed without warning.
Yeah, it's clearly stated in the thread - Ender's been barred from posting there too - but I don't see the point of issuing that response where neither of you can SEE it. I'd have assumed a PM went out, but clearly not.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 04:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

As I understand it, Enclave access is removed automatically when your warning percentage reaches a certain level. You were given a 25% warning for your post in the Enclave, so that may explain your situation.

Ideally, we try to prevent and/or punish all infractions of the rules. However, flame baiting is a lot tougher to catch and deal with. Not only is it sometimes discreet, but each member has a different tolerance to it as well. What may irritate one member may hardly faze another.

While it is understandable that the flamebaiting here offended you, it is not your job to flame them in return. Use the "Report to Moderator" feature, or PM a staffmember.