Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Board?
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a board for player created Star Wars themed codexes?
Yes 1 4.76%
No 17 80.95%
Only if they are good enough 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Feb 2010, 15:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default New Board?

I am currently working on a Codex for the Galactic Empire from Star Wars, and I was just curious how I might go about getting a board to post information for that? I gather that since there is a Codex: Covenant there is a precedent for such a thing.

I plan to work up Rebel Alliance and Old Republic / Clone codexes as well, so maybe Codex: Star Wars with child boards for each? Any information on this is appreciated. Thanks.
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:02   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: New Board?

Questions:
1) Will you be the only member of this board?
2) Is it active enough to merit a new board?
3) Is the project so large that it needs its own board?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

1. I have a half dozen collaborators helping me with the project right now and we are currently working out of Google Documents. I think a board here would at least include my and some of their participation and I'm sure would garner interest from the community.

2. Not sure what the bar for "active enough" is, but I currently have Troops, Elites, Fast Attack, Heavy Support and most wargear and weapons worked out as an initial draft. I will have HQ finished within the next few days and would appreciate any and all input on abilities, costing, balance, etc. I also plan to post results / battle reports of play testing for balancing and point costing as well as other pertinent information and possibly supplements.

3. I would say so, but if you don't think so I'd be glad to accept a recommendation of where would be appropriate to post it otherwise, because I scanned the board listings and nothing seemed to fit well. In addition to straight up unit entries my hope is to write full fledged codexes with fluff and back story sections, and eventually down the road conversion pictures to represent some or all models in the codex.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:26   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm also working on this project and I think a board for it would be awesome as well as much more useful, because it would give the community an opportunity to input and help form this codex, rather than just the half dozen or so currently working on it.
I would march to battle with copies of the constitution pinned to me like purity seals
Lyk4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:27   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

If you see such boards in action, you will be limited to a dozen or so.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm not sure I'm following what you mean Zenai. A dozen people who can post to the board? A dozen moderators?

I think as long as everyone is able to post comments and suggestions in response to initial threads, that's all I'm after. I have no problem being responsible for posting the topics and see no real need for everyone to be able to post new topics.

If I'm way off base as to what you mean, let me know.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:41   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

I mean the interest will only be limited to you guys only. You will see a few come and go but that's it. Not trying to discourage, just trying to convey my own experience.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Most people never visit the section of the forums below the Enclave, which is where your board would end up. Hell, I don't even venture out of the Enclave, or my Updated Topics. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2010, 16:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ugh, apparently I can't fix the typo in my poll. That's annoying.

It should be: "Would you be interested in a board for player created Star Wars themed codexes?"
Old 17 Feb 2010, 18:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

I've fixed the poll, but to be honest, I personally don't see the need. This seems like it could just as well be run and organised in a single House Rules thread rather than take up a dark corner in the basement, so to speak.
Farseer_Del is offline   Reply With Quote