Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Seriously... how do i get Karma???
Old 04 Feb 2010, 16:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to big_ben100
Default Seriously... how do i get Karma???

Is there a specific guidline for when you guys give out karma? or do you look for specific criteria...????

The might of the Empire bears down on you...

Quote- Rafe: Thanks to the miracle of photoshop, there's more than her legs on the internet
big_ben100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 16:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Seriously... how do i get Karma???

Well it depends, but asking for karma is not definitively the way to go about it. :P

It is usually based on a matter of how much a mod felt that you contributed to a thread, the help you brought or just a general kudo.

Or, in the case of negative karma, how much of a disruptive member you have been.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 16:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to big_ben100

Thanks... much appreciated, although i didn't mean for this to come across as me asking for karma :-X sorry

BB100

The might of the Empire bears down on you...

Quote- Rafe: Thanks to the miracle of photoshop, there's more than her legs on the internet
big_ben100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 16:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Don't worry about Karma, you'll pick it up. If you're looking for the official guidelines they're here.

At first it's just if you post something that's helpful- kind of vague I know. Basically if you help people out around the forums, give your opinions, and contribute you'll get some Karma eventually. Both my times I got karma I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out to me.

On the other hand, don't ask for it. I don't think that it'll be a problem that you brought it up, but if you think that it's important to get karma to be a member of this community don't. Be helpful, enjoy yourself, and have a good time. Karma shouldn't be the reason you post, it should be a happy surprise when you do get some.

EDIT: Did somebody help already? EDIT EDIT: For some reason your post didn't show up in preview Boneguard.

Odo The Brave's Projects: Chaos Space Marine Fandex Project Terragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HARLEQUIN OF TAU 0NLINE!
That makes far too much sense to be used in 40k
Odo The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 16:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Don't worry, I know you were not specifically asking for it...thus the smiley face that did not show up (weird)...but more of a general inquiry.

There's also the fact that often, someone will flag you post telling us -the staff- they think you deserve Karma. We cannot be everywhere...except FT with his ninja scorpion...so the flagging helps us a lot too.

Plus depending on which forum you post, some staffmember are stricter on what is Karma worthy then orther, in case of doubt, we discuss it amongst ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo The Brave
EDIT EDIT: For some reason your post didn't show up in preview Boneguard.
Yes, my Kroot Chameleon power works.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2010, 00:36   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

The Karma will come naturally if you're shown to be a consistently contributing member. You may not have the stuff to write an entire page of Tactica but the Mods will surely karma you at some point, for being a consistent and helpful member. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to karma'ing as each Mods has his/her set of rules when handing out Karma.

For example, Odo made a particular helpful post recently. More so than usual. So I look at his Karma Log and he hasn't been awarded one since October. So, I judged that his accumulative contributions from that time until now is more than worthy for a Karma.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2010, 00:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Just as an example: my first Karma point came from a (fairly in depth) Battle Report but it didn't even have pictures.

I got another one for helping a new member by pointing out what I thought (and my experience had proven) about the strengths and weaknesses of certain unit choices that had relatively similar roles.

Other than personal examples, I can't add anything more than what these folks have already said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 22:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

My first point of karma was posting the fact that Dark Lances are worse against vehicles than the units our opponents end up taking against us (More crisis suits, MC's, Nobz, terminators, other 2 wound models) And was more or less a battle report where i stated that Dark Lances are now more of a mental weaponry than physical...it changes how our opponents build their lists completely.

When looking for Karma, dont try to just post tactica after tactica. Make sure nobody has done one before you (posting a 5th tactica on sentinels, for example, wont earn you a karma point unless its supremely better, but even then...) You wont always get karma for posting tacticas either, so dont post them just to get karma.

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 22:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

My simple advice?

Be a decent member,and if you have something that you feel is contributory, by all means share it with us. What you have to remember is, though a Mod might not instantly see what you have done, but regular members like myself might see your work and think it Karma worthy.

You can also gain Karma by doing something that benefits the Forum, or helps a sector of the forum advance, such as introducing new ideas, a new tactica for something totally under played (Half tempted to make a Tactica for Ethereals myself :P), or doing something that actually makes people think of you in only good light.

In the end, its not you who decides what is karma worthy from what you've done, its the entire forum.
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 22:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Being a great scorer on the random quizzes we give can also bring about good karma. They generally require high levels of background information though, so don't think they are a cakewalk.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote