Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Admin or moderator...
Closed Thread
Old 04 May 2009, 02:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Admin or moderator...

Hi, I'm not sure where to do this or who I should speak to, but someone on this forum has taken a disliking to me and keeps smiting me for no apparent reason.

Smite Anubis Unknown Unknown Topic 11:17:43 on the 3rd May 2009

This isn't the first time this has happened and quite frankly it's rather annoying. This has come out of the blue and I cannot think of anything I have said or done that could be considered worthy of this treatment. It's really beginning to spoil my enjoyment of this forum.
If this was for a reason, then why has this person not written that down. Also, they have remained anonymous which is a little low. At least have the gumption to stand by your actions.
I have been trying my best to help people out on this forum with advice and tips, and give my opinions when asked and I just seem to be getting bullied out by someone with a control issue.

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Old 04 May 2009, 02:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Admin or moderator...

From my understanding, it's common practice to issue warnings first and to follow up with PM explanations for smites. But you said "keeps smiting" but your profile only shows -1 karma. Has this happened in the past where you had it reconciled?

I'd PM Dangerous Danny (FT) about it. He can look into it for you.
Cheers,
Em
Old 04 May 2009, 02:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes I was given a smite for a spam post (I reposted something because I wasn't aware that it had been taken off, I thought the message hadn't posted or something). Then a second time even though I hadn't posted anything new. Both were taken off after I petitioned my case.
This time I really really have absolutely no clue as to what I might have said or done to get this :-\
Sorry to be a nuisance, I don't have an issue with the forum rules or anything, and I have been using forums for many years (and indeed used to moderate a clan forum myself for XvT and XWA), but this is beginning to feel like someone really has it in for me on here.

[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Old 04 May 2009, 03:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I don't think you're being a nuisance at all. You're perfectly justified to wonder why you got a smite, if not only so that you don't get another. As I said, PM the admin and he can probably shed some light on it for you. If the moderator did it anonymously, there's probably a reason for it.
Old 04 May 2009, 03:26   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Hmmm, I guess it's parallel to their plan to reduce spam on the forums. You already got 2 Warnings for Flaming and Spamming. I guess you strike out on the third.
Old 04 May 2009, 07:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

Hey there Anubis:

Firstly I'll just say that as a general rule, when someone is smited - the official reason and the person who did it always remains anonymous - so this isn't someone just being cowardly in your specific case. The reason for this is so that moderators and staff members don't get harassed for doing their job.

Now, you can be forgiven for not knowing this as you're new here and thus unaware of how things work - but if you want to find out why you've been smited, the general protocol is to pm a staff member such as FT, the forum Scorpion God Administrator and he (or another staff member) will generally be happy to educate you as to why you've been smited and how to avoid being smited again (but you won't necessarily be told who smited you.)
Old 04 May 2009, 11:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes but my point is I have only reposted once... so I got smite twice for the first time (and it was removed because of my misunderstanding of the rules on what is considered spam). The post was in NO way flaming, it wasn't directed at anyone, or offensive in anway, and when my post was checked, this was verified and removed. The new one is completely out of the blue. I understand how the system works after the first time round as I read the rules thoroughly, but I must admit I am absolutely clueless as to this recent smite.
Also, I have NEVER received any warnings prior to being issued with a smite point. ???
I guess the two prior 'warnings' were the original smite I received (unjustified certainly the second time as it was the same post I got it for twice in a row), but if anyone can show me a post where I have flamed someone or spammed (since my re-post the original time due to my own daftness) I can at least understand what is going on. If parents just told their kids off or grounded them but gave them no reason as to why, how is the child supposed to make amends?

Old 04 May 2009, 14:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
when someone is smited - the official reason always remains anonymous -

he (or another staff member) will generally be happy to educate you as to why you've been smited
Contradictory much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Old 04 May 2009, 14:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I am actually confused...
whats happened?
pigs english preferably
Old 04 May 2009, 14:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
when someone is smited - the official reason always remains anonymous -

he (or another staff member) will generally be happy to educate you as to why you've been smited
Contradictory much?
You know what I mean - it stays anonymous on the karma log.