Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A Simple Suggestion That Might Be Taken as Overreacting.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 00:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default A Simple Suggestion That Might Be Taken as Overreacting.

Well guys, I'm going to be serious. I was offended. Now this usually isn't a big deal, as usually this can be passed off as childishness and stupid assumptions. I think today I am rightfully pissed off. This is about avatars. And these avatars had a picture of Hitler and of a Crip. Now in case you don't know what a 'Crip' is its a gang of the greater Los Angeles, California specializing in drugs and murder. They are an epitome of violence and of terrible crimes. Hitler is beyond that and I won't get into it as this will rapidly deteriorate. Basically they aren't funny. The fact that TO hasn't had a public response to this is rather worrying. Seriously guys it might seem funny unless you experienced the horror of these peoples ideas and actions. Please don't use these as avatars, even in a mocking sense. Just please.
Medusa
EDIT: removed some parts that on second thought were in bad taste and wrong. Sorry Timjim, I really get angry when people do this sort of thing, and I struck out in bad taste. It was a flame and I'm sorry.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 00:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: A Simple Suggestion That Might Be Taken as Overreacting.

I had no idea people on here where using things like that. People can support what ever they want but not air the view in public. Even using something like you are on about in a funny light is not good. I think some one using that sort of thing should be banned.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 00:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaghsteve
I had no idea people on here where using things like that. People can support what ever they want but not air the view in public. Even using something like you are on about in a funny light is not good. I think some one using that sort of thing should be banned.
Thank you for the support. I know that mods are not infallible (We're all people.. or at least Pretend to be... MUAHAHAHA > Er... ignore that) but seriously this shit should probobly be addressed. Though I know the absolute law of the universe "TO's GAFF, TO's RULES", its still something I think FT should probobly adress, unless I have made a grave miscalculation about his views.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

I don't think callingg people 'stupid' and saying they should 'be utterly destroyed' puts you in any position to demand anything.

There's no forum rules saying they can't have them. Yes certain images are not allowed. If the mods see them as unfit they'll be removed. Otherwise people are free to support what they like.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Edit: Removed for Stupidity and bad manners.
Medusa
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Okay, so everyone who doesn't call for the public execution of these individuals (whoever they may be, no one's named names yet) obviously supports them and should be destroyed with them, yes?

That's a good way to get support for your cause. :

Before you start a G.W. Bush style "If you're not with us you're with the terrorists" campaign, no, I don't support Hitler or the Crips. But you really have no right to demand anything, if you take issues with someone's avatar, sig, or behavior in general then take it up with a mod. Attacking everyone who doesn't agree with you and trying to make baseless accusations about them doesn't make you such a good human being, either.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Have you PM'ed these members and explained your feelings about their profiles? That would be the first step, IMO. Second step would be to contact a G-mod as that's more their domain. However, as has been mentioned, "TO's gaffs, TO's rules". Personally, I would agree with you about certain profiles which might be considered outside the realm of acceptable, it is imperative that one proceed through the appropriate levels of authority when attempting to address such an issue.

My suggestion would be that you PM the members if you haven't done so already. They might change their profile in deference. They might not. But you should at least afford them the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I don't think callingg people 'stupid' and saying they should 'be utterly destroyed' puts you in any position to demand anything.

There's no forum rules saying they can't have them. Yes certain images are not allowed. If the mods see them as unfit they'll be removed. Otherwise people are free to support what they like.
So you support Hitler and the Crips?
Aren't you a good human being.
That was uncalled for. The essence of your OP is respect - respect for those members who might find the Crypts or Hitler offensive. I would recommend that you be as willing to give members respect as you are to demand people respect your feelings.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Alright my mistake Emy, but seriously, I thought his comment was rather out of line. though I was pissed off, I found it in bad taste. I apologize. And as for the chain, I thought it serious enough to go directly public about it, which may have been a mistake. This is a pretty volatile issue, but that isn't an excuse and I'm sorry. In the future I'll probably remember this and calm down accordingly. I overstepped the bounds of civility and that probobly didn't make pluses for my side of the argument. Again Sorry.
@Sid: I know, I was pissed off and didn't really mean it. I'm sorry.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

I wouldn't post when pissed. It always ends up being counter-productive to your original intentions. You also avoid grovelling apologies.

[/sarcasm]

Anyway, I haven't seen these avatars myself so I can't be a judge, but I do think that Emlyn is right in just approaching the person in question and/or a global moderator.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2009, 01:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
I wouldn't post when pissed. It always ends up being counter-productive to your original intentions. You also avoid grovelling apologies.

[/sarcasm]

Anyway, I haven't seen these avatars myself so I can't be a judge, but I do think that Emlyn is right in just approaching the person in question and/or a global moderator.
Thanks for the feel good post. I feel like a complete asshole right now.