Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A small change...
Closed Thread
Old 02 Apr 2009, 18:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default A small change...

This is probably insignificant but ive noticed the phrase "This isnt a democracy...If you dont like it then leave" flaunted about quite a bit, Im thinking maybe too much.

If this is indeed the case, Im just thinking can we reword it?
It sounds overly harsh and aggressive and pending on who said it well just plain intimidating.
This phrase to me doesnt make you think about not leaving and wisening up your act, it makes you WANT to leave.

The whole point of a forum is for a group of foo....friends (I use the term friends lightly depending if you class forum mates as friends)
To get together and discuss what that forum is about and debate and create good strong firm Intervebs friendships.
But if you have a saying like that...well when I hear it my thoughts automaticly go to stalin Hitler and other dictators.

Im not asking for a revision of the forums political footing or that it should change its view on people, just that we reword a rather...umm harsh statement is all

-marc
Old 02 Apr 2009, 20:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: A small change...

Surely it should say: This is a democracy... if you don't like it leave. Democracy suggests freedom of choice and speech

Pleases delete this account, I apologise for any upset caused by the actions of my brother - sorry.

Please delete, thanks!
Old 02 Apr 2009, 20:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nope other way round, I understand why its like that, People werent happy with changes and kept whining the reply was that...just too harsh as it is yah know>?
Old 02 Apr 2009, 20:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulse-carbine
Surely it should say: This is a democracy... if you don't like it leave. Democracy suggests freedom of choice and speech
No, the point is this place isn't a free domain, it's Tau Online (the admin)'s private space that we are allowed to join. If you don't like the rules he makes, you can leave. TO makes the rules here, if you don't want to abide by them, get out.

I see no reason to reword it... it's the truth. It's not like the rules are unreasonable.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 02 Apr 2009, 20:19   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

TO's Gaff, TO's rules.

Can't get much more simpler than that.
Old 02 Apr 2009, 20:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah but I mean think it from a brand new members perspective, your new here your reading random posts or skim reading or whattever and then you read the lines that essentially say. "piss off if you dont like it!" while this may be aimed at one person the way its read and the fact that its in the middle of a Public board where the Public can see it, well as ive explained before it can be quite intimidating and a huge change from what your used to on these forums.
When did we all get So Serious? (ah see what I did there? :P)
Old 02 Apr 2009, 20:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You're right Marc, I think if the point is to get someone to conform to the rules, a re-wording is in order. Not to make it sound less harsh, but maybe to have it apply to the situation at hand.

For example, perhaps instead "Follow the damned rules before I slap you with my banhammer" may be a bit more appropriate. So the mods don't sound like a pushovers, but at the same time it's not just basically saying "Leave."

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Old 02 Apr 2009, 20:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffl
You're right Marc, I think if the point is to get someone to conform to the rules, a re-wording is in order. Not to make it sound less harsh, but maybe to have it apply to the situation at hand.

For example, perhaps instead "Follow the damned rules before I slap you with my banhammer" may be a bit more appropriate. So the mods don't sound like a pushovers, but at the same time it's not just basically saying "Leave."
Yeah something like that I just hope we are being listened to....
Old 04 Apr 2009, 06:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY

I really like how most of the members here seem to think it's bad here, or something. Seriously. The mods here are awesome, this is easily, BY FAR, the best modded site I've ever been to.

If you want to see mods with "real" power, mods that do NOT hesitate to layeth the smacketh down, try here:

I'm gonna warn you: FIRST, yes, it's a Nerf site...as in Nerf guns/toys... SECOND, yes, there is some cursing...

Look at the forums. Off-topic has at least 8 topics that are locked right on the front page.

www.nerfhaven.com
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
Old 04 Apr 2009, 13:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

I know of forums that give one weeks suspension simply for swearing...