Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I have one point to make.
Closed Thread
Old 01 Apr 2009, 10:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default I have one point to make.

I know I said not to bring it back up but I will just for this.

After recent events (starting from Anton leaving) there was this sense that some people (including me) were thought to 'be above the forums'.

Now given just how short a time it has been since this event that some of the mods actions (trolling, spamming, multiple accounts, bad grammar etc), even if it is April Fools, Is out of line?

It puts you above the forums even if you think its for good reason and that is the EXACT reason you de-modded me.

The second point is that you cant let any of the members have fun with april fools (such as the GW letter to TO, it was locked), so why should you get it all?
Old 01 Apr 2009, 11:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: I have one point to make.

I agree with you. I really do.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 01 Apr 2009, 12:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

JD, to quote yourself in a previous topic:

It's Over. Let it die

There is no abuse of power whatsoever with mods creating multiple accounts and spamming in the context of a controlled April Fool's joke. Please just follow your own words and let this issue die.
Old 01 Apr 2009, 12:50   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

JD, really. I'd like to think I'm your friend, and you know I've done my best to stick up for you through this whole affair, but you are now crossing the line.

I do think certain April Fools jokes this year crossed a line... one of which was NOT a Moderator Joke. I suppose you expect me to run off and ban the member? Well tough; I happen to know that, whilst the execution was flawed, the intent was not malicious.

Stop digging yourself a hole, JD; it's deep enough already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Apr 2009, 13:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
It puts you above the forums even if you think its for good reason and that is the EXACT reason you de-modded me.
Wrong. April Fool's jokes are short-lived, to be quickly tidied up and forgotten after the date. Even the pranks from outside the purview of the moderator community were simply that - pranks for amusement.

In your case, you acted outside and above your authority on multiple occasions, intentionally insulting other members... then ignoring staff warnings and openly flaunting your disrespect for the rules of this website.

I hardly think that these two examples are similar.

Old 01 Apr 2009, 15:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

JD is bang on, the jokes did cross the line and people here are acting above the forum rules when it suits them. This is why today is my last day on Tau Online....

Edited: Comments out of line Sorry
Old 01 Apr 2009, 15:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

All year mods have to be serious, helpful, and clean up the forum and make hard decision and choice...there's one day a year where they can have a bit of fun...and as mentioned earlier once the day it's gone it's back ot clean up including our own mess.

Hyena, since I've been a member here it's the second time you decid to leave because this forum is an Elitist club who don't give a damn about the members...last time was about a year ago over a competition submission. You left and return.

But, yet again you are unhappy about sometime, you insult the mods and the forum and threaten to leave...for about a week now. I don't want to see you leave, no more then any other member, but I am getting a contradictory message here.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 01 Apr 2009, 17:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Lets put it in perspective; its an April fools gag, although perhaps not a very well thought out one, and one that has just damaged our forum by losing us some good members.

In my opinion, a decent April fools joke has got to be borderline believable and have some sort of punchline. A pink forum filled with fish threads and confusing any members who dont read the announcements/ are not from UK/USA combined with spamming just succeeds in pissing people off.

But fair play, i guess there is always next year, I do not think that all this warrants leaving the forum; people who are leaving need to stop blowing things completely out of proportion.
But Im taking a break from TO until all this gets cleaned up and fixed. Which i hope will be in a few days
Currently there is too much insanity and spam for your average chaplain to contend with.
Old 01 Apr 2009, 20:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

I know I said let it, die did I not mention that In my original post?

It's the last point i'm making on the whole thing. I know it's april fools, but it's not april break the forum rules.

Quote:
All year mods have to be serious, helpful, and clean up the forum and make hard decision and choice...
Obviously you don't know just how easy it is to be a mod...
Old 01 Apr 2009, 20:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

JD, we all know you're bitter, but I think you've reached a new level of pathetic.
Closed Thread