Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admins!
Old 26 Mar 2009, 01:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admins!

I know a bunch of issues have recently come up but to be honest only the higher echelons seem to have a problem with it. I'll try to phrase this objectively:
1) CALM DOWN! What some are now calling 'Comprehensive reviews' are not needed. What seems to be on most peoples minds was most likely a freak occurrence with many factors hitting at such and such a point at the exact time needed to cause said event.

2) Pat yourselves on the back! Every single moderator I have come into contact with has been objective and supportive ALL of the time. I think some members are pulling the martyred "Oh-my! This abuse can happen to me" tone and are lugging around vague issues and recent events like the world is turned upside down. Truth is until I came across the proposal topic, this issue had never been voiced to me. The apparent shit-storm flew right above me and I hope many members. Nothing has changed in any real way with the basic topics and army lists. So you're still doing good to the honest white-collar member, and only the mighty mods and admins seem to be frazzled. And you shouldn't be because only one (rather notorious) member of your team was a bad apple. It sure as hell doesn't reflect the whole tree.

3)Keep up the good work! Enjoy yourself because you're all good. So long as you keep your ever-present impartiality and good natures, there shouldn't be any problem. Most members seem to respect you and admire your dedication (at least one does :shifty and so I hope you'll try to let this go.

I thought I'd just say this because it seems there's a bit of discontent in the ranks over mods and admins and I thought people ought to show a little support and give our hard working a little feel-good pick-me-up topic to show them not everyone is PMing one another howling for blood. If you agree with this I'd please like you to show your support.

Thanks,

Medusa
Old 26 Mar 2009, 01:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admins!

I know you have good intentions but I think bringing anything up about what has happened is a bad idea right now.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 02:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa V
I know a bunch of issues have recently come up but to be honest only the higher echelons seem to have a problem with it. I'll try to phrase this objectively:
1) CALM DOWN! What some are now calling 'Comprehensive reviews' are not needed. What seems to be on most peoples minds was most likely a freak occurrence with many factors hitting at such and such a point at the exact time needed to cause said event.

2) Pat yourselves on the back! Every single moderator I have come into contact with has been objective and supportive ALL of the time. I think some members are pulling the martyred "Oh-my! This abuse can happen to me" tone and are lugging around vague issues and recent events like the world is turned upside down. Truth is until I came across the proposal topic, this issue had never been voiced to me. The apparent Shtlk-storm flew right above me and I hope many members. Nothing has changed in any real way with the basic topics and army lists. So you're still doing good to the honest white-collar member, and only the mighty mods and admins seem to be frazzled. And you shouldn't be because only one (rather notorious) member of your team was a bad apple. It sure as hell doesn't reflect the whole tree.

3)Keep up the good work! Enjoy yourself because you're all good. So long as you keep your ever-present impartiality and good natures, there shouldn't be any problem. Most members seem to respect you and admire your dedication (at least one does :shifty and so I hope you'll try to let this go.

I thought I'd just say this because it seems there's a bit of discontent in the ranks over mods and admins and I thought people ought to show a little support and give our hard working a little feel-good pick-me-up topic to show them not everyone is PMing one another howling for blood. If you agree with this I'd please like you to show your support.

Thanks,

Medusa
AGREED!!!
Word for word. From the my beginning here nearly 3 years ago I've never felt any discontent towards the Moderators or Admins. You've all always seemed like top guys. Extremely welcoming and extremely helpful.
The atmosphere you manage to produce on this site is brilliant, and like no other.

xoxo
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2009, 03:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admins!

We're not bad folks. Just trying to keep up with "da rulez".

Best,

Old 26 Mar 2009, 19:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Like JD said, it probably isn't the best time to bring up what's been happening recently as I'm sure most people just want to move on. We know you mean well though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2009, 20:15   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

That's a bit cynical, isn't it Broken...
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2009, 20:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Server Virus (FT)
Probably is, sorry. I'm seeing everything from one point of view at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2009, 20:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Server Virus (FT)
I thought the same thing - it's just the "suspicious T'auk'cka"-mode kicking in - especially when something like this comes from someone who is new to the Boards. But, meh, he IS right. Back when I still was a "normal" member (ahm... yesterday, I think) I never had problems with a Mod - and I do have quite a long history on these boards.

The Mods are usually Mods for a reason (whatever that may be... Wargamer is definitely "the hitman" ) - be it long experience on the boards, above-average maturity (not THAT difficlut - we are on teh internetz, after all) or just plain helpfulness (still haven't figured out how I fit into this shceme, though). If someone feels slighted, there is sure a Mod out there who is willing to give him/her a proper hearing.

Cheers,
-Bone

PS: Another day, another drama. Tomorrow we'll be fussing about something else (I'd bet my money on either Ninja Scorpions or Scorpion Ninjas).
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2009, 20:27   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
PS: Another day, another drama. Tomorrow we'll be fussing about something else (I'd bet my money on either Ninja Scorpions or Scorpion Ninjas).
Both wrong... The Pirate Basilisks are coming out to play ;D

[hr]

On topic though, nice sentiments Medusa V, thank you.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2009, 21:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admin

Guys, I don't have a clue what this is about.

Please could someone fill me in?

Is it just general hatred or angst towards mods?

EDIT: Oh, I get it.

Basically JD got demodded and he's 'annoyed' (sorry for my bluntness).

Why was he demodded? He seemed like an all-right guy from what I've seen.

What's with the 'Trout' Online Forums up the top?

I'm so confused ???

EDIT 2: Ok, I understand the Trout thing.

Looks like it's back to warseer for me, then