Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admins!
Old 29 Mar 2009, 01:21   #11 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admins!

Medusa your post actually cheered me up more than I expected, thanks.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 15:00   #12 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turok117
Guys, I don't have a clue what this is about.

Please could someone fill me in?

Is it just general hatred or angst towards mods?
In a nutshell, Anton made a very sudden departure from the Forums, deleting his account with virtually no prior warning.

This caught most of us completely off guard, being totally unaware that Anton was going through a stressful time that boiled over onto the boards. Various members proceeded to completely over-react, sparking of a veritable Witch-hunt in an effort to 'punish' someone for driving Anton off the boards.

Quote:
Basically JD got demodded and he's 'annoyed' (sorry for my bluntness).

Why was he demodded? He seemed like an all-right guy from what I've seen.
JD's demodding is something that, I feel, is not to be discussed here. If he is happy for the Moderators to discuss with the 'public' why he was demodded, then I would, but as far as I'm concerned it is a matter between the Mods and JD.

Quote:
What's with the 'Trout' Online Forums up the top?

I'm so confused ???

EDIT 2: Ok, I understand the Trout thing.

Looks like it's back to warseer for me, then
TO undergoes regular periods of weirdness. Stick around and surf the wave; it's a sweet ride back to the shores of normality.

Medusa V,

I'd like to say thank you for your post. Despite how it may appear, the position of Moderator isn't some 'elite' club for the best and most popular Members of the board; we give up time we could spend doing more interesting or enjoyable things to try and keep the forum going. Today alone, I've had to answer two reports of inappropriate posting, deal with them, research a PM from a member about a possible error, discuss the possible error with the other Moderators to try and find out if it's just a one-off or something more serious... and all when I could be enjoying myself.

That's not to say all the Moderators are miserable old gits (that's just me. ), but the general rule on a forum as big and thriving as this is that a Moderator does a lot of work and gets no praise for it. Sometimes, things do go wrong because we are only Human, but more often than not we get noticed for our cockups rather than our successes. Seriously, when was the last time anyone said "Hey, did you notice Mod X compiled all those major threads into a single Sticky so we can quickly and easily find everything we need? That's so awesome!"

As such, it is always much appreciated to see this sort of 'thank you' post. It makes all those thankless tasks worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 15:05   #13 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admins!

OK....you guys better see this; http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...;boardseen#new
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:25   #14 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Everything seems to be running smoothly, We support our Moderators and Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Kitty
Oh noes!

That was a pretty good troll.