Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Strage Spell-Checker Errors
Old 15 May 2005, 16:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Strage Spell-Checker Errors

After a few uses of Spell Checker use, I've noticed it fuses a lot of words and deletes of a lot words and generally makes a big mess of a post.
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but it's happened a few times so far. If it happens again, I'll make an example so that it can be seen what is happening, but I'm not sure if it's something on my end, or just a weird one-time glitch--but it happened several times now, so I'm not sure.
Old 15 May 2005, 16:21   #2 (permalink)
Aun'O

Default Re: Strage Spell-Checker Errors

Odd.. I have seen this happen a while ago, although haven't experienced it for a while now.. How often does this happen for you? Does it still happen if you change themes? When spell checking, if this happens, close the spell check window, press CTRL + F5 and try spell checking again; Does this still happen?
Tau Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2005, 16:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

It happens every time now it seems, whenever there is a word or group of words that have spelling errors, it fuses them. By the way, I reset my system and reloaded the browser just make sure it wasn't some error here, and nothing changed. I captured an example:

Original text I typed:

I think what Frank is asking is, how are Gun Drones treated should the Devilfish take a penetrating hit, because passengers of vehicles -must- disembark if the transport takes a single penetrating hit. Gun Drones are treated as passengers should the vehicle take damage, which is in this case going to be applicable generally, unless there is a new FAQ updated on it as it does raise interesting concerns and really hurts the Devilfish. I would hesitate to say that Gun Drones must diesmbark from the Devilfish if it is penetrated, but at the same time, it's entirely possible by the wording of rules. However, the good news is, since Devilfish are only penetrated when it sits still or isn't obscured by terrain or other vehicles, you probably shouldn't be running into that problem until a fix is found, or at least official word.

Text after spellchecker checked it: and I will bold the error spots.

I think what Frank is asking is, how are Gun Drones treated should the Devilfish take a penetrating hit, because passengers of vehicles -must- disembark if the transport takes a single penetrating hit. Gun Drones are treated as passengers should the vehicle take damage, which is in this case going to be applicable generally, unless there is a new FAQ updated on it as it does raise interesting concerns and really hurts the Devilfish. I would hesitate to say that Gun Drones must didisembarkrom the Devilfish if it is penetrated, but at the same time, it's entirely possible by the wording of rules. However, the good news is, since Devilfish are only penetrated when it sits still or isn't obscured by terrain or other vehicles, you probably shouldn't be running into that problem until a fix is found, or at least official word.

Edit:

I just tested it further, and after it messed up, I reloaded the page, refreshed it and tried again, and it seemed to fix the problem. Perhaps a cache error?
Old 15 May 2005, 17:05   #4 (permalink)
Aun'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
It happens every time now it seems, whenever there is a word or group of words that have spelling errors, it fuses them. By the way, I reset my system and reloaded the browser just make sure it wasn't some error here, and nothing changed. I captured an example:

Original text I typed:

I think what Frank is asking is, how are Gun Drones treated should the Devilfish take a penetrating hit, because passengers of vehicles -must- disembark if the transport takes a single penetrating hit. Gun Drones are treated as passengers should the vehicle take damage, which is in this case going to be applicable generally, unless there is a new FAQ updated on it as it does raise interesting concerns and really hurts the Devilfish. I would hesitate to say that Gun Drones must diesmbark from the Devilfish if it is penetrated, but at the same time, it's entirely possible by the wording of rules. However, the good news is, since Devilfish are only penetrated when it sits still or isn't obscured by terrain or other vehicles, you probably shouldn't be running into that problem until a fix is found, or at least official word.

Text after spellchecker checked it: and I will bold the error spots.

I think what Frank is asking is, how are Gun Drones treated should the Devilfish take a penetrating hit, because passengers of vehicles -must- disembark if the transport takes a single penetrating hit. Gun Drones are treated as passengers should the vehicle take damage, which is in this case going to be applicable generally, unless there is a new FAQ updated on it as it does raise interesting concerns and really hurts the Devilfish. I would hesitate to say that Gun Drones must didisembarkrom the Devilfish if it is penetrated, but at the same time, it's entirely possible by the wording of rules. However, the good news is, since Devilfish are only penetrated when it sits still or isn't obscured by terrain or other vehicles, you probably shouldn't be running into that problem until a fix is found, or at least official word.

Edit:

I just tested it further, and after it messed up, I reloaded the page, refreshed it and tried again, and it seemed to fix the problem. Perhaps a cache error?
Strange.. I think it probably is a cache error. Whenever previewing/spell checking doesn't work refreshing fixes the problem. I'd just refresh whenever this happens.. sorry I can't be more help.
Old 15 May 2005, 17:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ok, I've narrowed it down a bit more.

When I launch the spell checker, it keeps doing the fusing/bad errors. If I CTRL+F5, nothing changes in terms of it still making the errors. I've found however, that pressing "ignore" thoughout the spell check, then launching it for a second time without refreshing, it stops making the errors.

Odd that it just started today... I'll probably clear my cache and everything and start fresh.
Old 15 May 2005, 19:54   #6 (permalink)
Aun'O

Quote:
Ok, I've narrowed it down a bit more.

When I launch the spell checker, it keeps doing the fusing/bad errors. If I CTRL+F5, nothing changes in terms of it still making the errors. I've found however, that pressing "ignore" thoughout the spell check, then launching it for a second time without refreshing, it stops making the errors.

Odd that it just started today... I'll probably clear my cache and everything and start fresh.
??? Very, very odd. Have you restarted/shutdown and started up your PC since this problem started occurring?
Old 15 May 2005, 20:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yea, I've reset everything and rebooted. Not sure what gives. I'll probably wait it out and see if any new patterns develop to try and narrow it down some more. It's no big deal, it's just not supposed to be happening
Old 15 May 2005, 20:19   #8 (permalink)
Aun'O

Quote:
Yea, I've reset everything and rebooted. Not sure what gives. I'll probably wait it out and see if any new patterns develop to try and narrow it down some more. It's no big deal, it's just not supposed to be happening
That's really wierd. I think this will just stop sometime, although if it doesn't please reply to this post. Before now, previewing and inserting quotes just stopped working for me, and only my account, although this problem disappeared in a day. Hopefully this will happen with your problem.