Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How tom get pics
Closed Thread
Old 23 Feb 2005, 23:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander
Default How tom get pics

How do you get pics in the left coulumn and below ???

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 24 Feb 2005, 01:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: How tom get pics

The pic to the left is called an Avatar. It's named after a concept from Hinduism, whereby a god would enter a mortal form to interact with the world. On the internet, it's the pic you use to represent yourself online. Scroll up until you can see the round grey and blue symbol in the very top-left of the screen. Click 'Profile', then on the next page, click 'Forum Profile Information' in the left sidebar. From here you can upload a picture from your computer as an Avatar.

The pic at the bottom is a Signature. People use them to look flash. They work a bit like Avatars, except that you need to find somewhere to host the picture yourself (try imagebucket.com). Then, in the signature box in your profile, put the web address between two 'img' tags like this:

Code:
[img]web address goes here[/img]

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 24 Feb 2005, 02:23   #3 (permalink)
Tau Tau

Default Re: How tom get pics

www.imageshack.us

That is useful also.

Since you seem new to message boards, a few tips I reccommend to recieve respect are good grammar, good spelling, and good punctuation. Your opinion may stink but at least we'll be able to read it! ;D

Good luck!

Closed Thread