Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Forum perks...
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jan 2005, 17:36   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Forum perks...

*first post*

Hi! I think you have too much stuff on the forums. A lot of it is just...blah. May I make some suggestions?
1) Reduce the Armies of 40K to just General 40K. Have the topics General 40K, Fluff, House Rules, and the Rumor Board.The Battle Section could be moved under here as well?
2) Make a "Tau" section. I mean, this is Tau Online, right? :P Under a "Tau" section, have just a general Tau conversation board, the Tau Online Official Forces, the TOC board, and maybe a stratagy section?

Example:
- General (whatever you have now)

- General 40K
- - General 40K
- - Fluff
- - House Rules
- - Rumors
- - Battles

- Tau
- - General Tau
- - Tau Startagy/Army's
- - Tau Online Official Forces
- - TOC

- Modeling (whatever you have now)

- Off-Topic (whatever you have now)

- Projects (whatever you have now)

Im just saying i think you should condence it a little... :-\
Old 13 Jan 2005, 18:17   #2 (permalink)
Aun'O

Default Re: Forum perks...

Hello and welcome to the forums
I agree there are many forums, although they are needed IMO. There are many topics to 40K, and many boards are needed. Condensing the boards also seems a waste, all the boards are active and have new posts every day (Except for a few project boards and two others) and so I see no point in condensing. I am going to be condensing the project boards, but little else.

Remember if you don't use a certain category, click on the arrow next to the category name, this will collapse the category and take up less space. This is what I've done with four of the categories, it's much easier!
Regards,
Tau Online
Old 13 Jan 2005, 18:27   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Remember if you don't use a certain category, click on the arrow next to the category name, this will collapse the category and take up less space. This is what I've done with four of the categories, it's much easier!
Regards,
Hm...dinnt know that. Thanks
Old 13 Jan 2005, 20:55   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

You see, ask and you shall find stuff out... I think it's good that your trying to make suggestions for improvements.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 00:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I vastly prefer having the boards split up like they are, it is much easier to find exactly what I'm looking for. I don't like it when sites lump all the armies in together because it can mean sifting through reams of threads to find something on any given specific army. Suppose I wanted to find threads on less-played armies like Dark Eldar or Orks, I'd have to look through scores of threads on Tau, Chaos and Space Marines to find them.

As well as that, I can't see any advantage in having less forums. What would be gained? I suppose it might look tidier to those whose aesthetic preferences tend towards the compact, but apart from that I can't think of anything.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 15 Jan 2005, 04:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

I don't know where to put this, but the times displayed are from the Central Time Zone, not mine (Eastern). If there is a way to make it so that each player sees their own time zone, I would appreciate it if this was done.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 09:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

There's such a thing as MANUALLY setting it you know...
Veiw Profile (yours!)> look in Modify profile> lok and layout preferences, then edit the time to be your timezone. EG: GMT is +5 hours
Old 15 Jan 2005, 18:04   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...ofile;sa=theme

Above is a link that will take you directly to the page where you can change your time off-set. Change the Time Offset as Del said, about +5 should do it.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 22:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

Thanks, guys. From now on, I'll try to be less lazy and figure things out for myself.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 00:13   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Meh, it only took about 30 seconds to get that link and another 10 to type that post, so overall, you owe me 40 seconds of my life... j/k
Closed Thread