Closed Thread
Old 03 Sep 2006, 22:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Can't access site

When I go on the site it says that the page cannot be displayed
Old 04 Sep 2006, 10:28   #2 (permalink)
Aun'O

Default Re: Can't access site

Is this just on the website? Does this happen to the forums as well, only on one computer?
Old 04 Sep 2006, 13:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hey hey TO,

I'm having the same problems. It says something along the lines of (sorry, I never learnt how to screenshot, nor did I have the foresight to copy the text): "SMF cannot access the database. This may be caused by the server being busy."

As of now, I've been unable to access the site for 9 hours.

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 04 Sep 2006, 13:33   #4 (permalink)
Aun'O

9 hours? Over the past three days there's been three spots of a couple of hours downtime - there hasn't been a 9 hour downtime recently however. Anywhoo this recent bout of problems (...) isn't user-specific, it's affecting everyone.
Old 04 Sep 2006, 16:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

it happens on the whole website for me this is the first time in ages iv been able to get on
Old 04 Sep 2006, 17:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

it happend to me yesterday. but only on the forums

Old 04 Sep 2006, 19:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate

Yesterday I couldn't get on the site for awile. I tried about four hours later and I got on okay.
Old 04 Sep 2006, 21:24   #8 (permalink)
General Stupidity

The same happened to me as-well, i could access the web-site, but the title had been replaced with a load of computer babble. And as others have said, it kept on saying "SMF error, this maybe caused by the server being busy" well something along the lines of that. :P

It's been doing that for 3 days running for me for about 4, 5 even 6+ hours!!!!

What's going on?

Old 05 Sep 2006, 03:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Online
9 hours? Over the past three days there's been three spots of a couple of hours downtime - there hasn't been a 9 hour downtime recently however. Anywhoo this recent bout of problems (...) isn't user-specific, it's affecting everyone.
Well, that is to say, everytime I've had some spare time on my hands (which is not all the time), I haven't been able to access the site - I haven't been sitting at my computer hitting 'refresh' for 9 straight hours! On the day I posted that, the site was affected whilst I was online - I believe I was checking my PM box. Then, as it was 1:00pm AEST, I tried eveytime I had spare time; the only time I could access the site was at approximately 10:15pm AEST.

I'm glad it's affecting everyone else!! Hahahaha!!! It means my computer/network/ISP/whatever is behaving itself!!! *stabs computer for past crimes relating to this*

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 05 Sep 2006, 08:57   #10 (permalink)
Aun'O

Lol! Well sorry again about all these troubles, my host do take notice and are trying everything they can to fix this - however the problem seems hardware related (sometimes) meaning expensive/time consuming fixes.

And now's a good time to mention we'll be down for 1 hour later on :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by My host
We are having a 150GB Raptor drive installed in Solace Four tomorrow afternoon between 2-4PM Central. The new drive will be reserved for MySQL use only, which should help reduce the high IOWAIT during peak traffic hours. The downtime needed to install and mount the drive is estimated to be between 30 and 45 minutes.

I will try to post as soon as the installation is finished. If all goes well, I should have MySQL running off of the Raptor by later tomorrow night.

Mike O'Neill
Elixant Support
Sorry about all these downtimes, I'm hoping my host will sort things out within a month or two.
Closed Thread