Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Multi qouting.
Closed Thread
Old 14 Nov 2004, 23:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: LEEDS 13
Posts: 718
Send a message via MSN to LordAbsol
Default Multi qouting.


Its has come to my attention thet numerus TO members, get a little confused when they see posts with several Qoutes in them.

Some of these members also would like to know how to do it.
I dont know how some other members do this, but multi posting can be achived by the following.


When you come upon a thred containing numerus posts that you would like to comment on.
Qoute a single members post.

Copy the text in the text box.
After this go back to the thred, find your next poster, qoute his post.
Paste in the previus qoute and copy the entire lot.

Repeat this proces antill you have all your wanted qouts.

Then its just a matter of findind the places that you wish to place youe desired text.



Hope this Helps.

LordAbsol.
__________________
[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
Vote for Tau Online[br]Before me grasp does drain thy life, I pray thee, Beg of thy God for their forgivness, for only then will me grasp upon you siece. [br]
Can you see this this!!!!! WORD
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
LordAbsol is offline  
Old 14 Nov 2004, 23:12   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Multi qouting.

As a little add-on to this, I'd like to know why if you try to "quote a quote", then you just get blank space where the inital quote was.
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline  
Old 14 Nov 2004, 23:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: LEEDS 13
Posts: 718
Send a message via MSN to LordAbsol
Default Re: Multi qouting.

Wargamer:

im not to sure on this but i think its got somthing to do with the fact that when you goute you qoute what a certian poster hes written.

The blank space is probably as the qoute in the post is not the posters text, and sombody elses.

__________________
[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
Vote for Tau Online[br]Before me grasp does drain thy life, I pray thee, Beg of thy God for their forgivness, for only then will me grasp upon you siece. [br]
Can you see this this!!!!! WORD
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
LordAbsol is offline  
Old 14 Nov 2004, 23:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: California
Posts: 2,610
Default Re: Multi qouting.

Thanks Guys, being an OLD Guy, I can screw up on things like this. Thanks for your help LordAbsol and Wargamer.

Best,
__________________
Brunettes and Beer
IVEATCH is offline  
Old 14 Nov 2004, 23:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hell (Mon-Fri), Heaven (Sat-Sun)
Posts: 1,866
Default Re: Multi qouting.

There's an easier way to do it that should save time.

- Quote the post you want to reply to first.

- When you have finished that reply and want to quote someone else, look in the Topic Summary beneath the message box (scroll down to find it). In the top-right corner of each post there, there is an option 'Insert Quote'. Click that option in the post that you want to quote. Note that it will insert the quoted post to wherever you finished typing, so make sure the little blinking vertical line that shows you where you're typing is where you want the quote.

- The quote is inserted by a Javascript I think, if you have a pop-up stopper turned on it may not work. The IE pop-up stopper allows it, but some others don't.

- You can use the option as many times as you want for all the posts in the Summary. It won't work for posts from a long way back though because they don't show up in the Summary, so you'll have to quote them the way that LordAbsol describes.

- Doing it this way also adds in the code for showing who the quote was from, and when, etc, which can be helpful. The two quotes below were added this way as examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAbsol
Wargamer:

im not to sure on this but i think its got somthing to do with the fact that when you goute you qoute what a certian poster hes written.

The blank space is probably as the qoute in the post is not the posters text, and sombody elses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
As a little add-on to this, I'd like to know why if you try to "quote a quote", then you just get blank space where the inital quote was.
__________________
We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Lomendil is offline  
Old 14 Nov 2004, 23:53   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Multi qouting.

Well done that man! ;D
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline  
Old 15 Nov 2004, 12:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: LEEDS 13
Posts: 718
Send a message via MSN to LordAbsol
Default Re: Multi qouting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomendil
There's an easier way to do it that should save time.

- Quote the post you want to reply to first.

- When you have finished that reply and want to quote someone else, look in the Topic Summary beneath the message box (scroll down to find it). In the top-right corner of each post there, there is an option 'Insert Quote'. Click that option in the post that you want to quote. Note that it will insert the quoted post to wherever you finished typing, so make sure the little blinking vertical line that shows you where you're typing is where you want the quote.

- The quote is inserted by a Javascript I think, if you have a pop-up stopper turned on it may not work. The IE pop-up stopper allows it, but some others don't.

- You can use the option as many times as you want for all the posts in the Summary. It won't work for posts from a long way back though because they don't show up in the Summary, so you'll have to quote them the way that LordAbsol describes.

- Doing it this way also adds in the code for showing who the quote was from, and when, etc, which can be helpful. The two quotes below were added this way as examples.
Topic Summary why Dint i think of that. Thumbs up man.
__________________
[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
Vote for Tau Online[br]Before me grasp does drain thy life, I pray thee, Beg of thy God for their forgivness, for only then will me grasp upon you siece. [br]
Can you see this this!!!!! WORD
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
LordAbsol is offline  
Old 15 Nov 2004, 12:59   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 12,488
Default Re: Multi qouting.

Also, if you want to quote seperate parts of one post.
E.g.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Well done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
that man! ;D
Then it gets a bit hard to explain.
First off just quote the persons post.
Then, at the point you wish to stop quoting, put an [/quote*] tag in (without the *).

Then write your comments on the quoted text.
To then quote the next part of the post:

Copy and paste the pice of code that initiates the quote
(E.g. [*quote author=Wargamer link=topic=2514.msg39324#msg39324 date=1100476406*])
Above where you want to quote. The [/quote*] tag from your first quote should still be at the end of the text but if not you'll need to add it.

Here's an example:


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAbsol
Wargamer:

im not to sure on this but i think its got somthing to do with the fact that when you goute you qoute what a certian poster hes written. [/quote*]
Yada yada yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAbsol
The blank space is probably as the qoute in the post is not the posters text, and sombody elses.

[/quote*]

Would look like this (without the stars that is):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAbsol
Wargamer:

im not to sure on this but i think its got somthing to do with the fact that when you goute you qoute what a certian poster hes written.
Yada yada yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAbsol
The blank space is probably as the qoute in the post is not the posters text, and sombody elses.
Hope that helps.
__________________
KJ - Friend, Brother, Ork. Never forget you mate.
Restayvien is offline  
Old 15 Nov 2004, 13:00   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 12,488
Default Re: Multi qouting.

Ok that messed up, ill correct it when im not in class! :
__________________
KJ - Friend, Brother, Ork. Never forget you mate.
Restayvien is offline  
Old 15 Nov 2004, 14:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: LEEDS 13
Posts: 718
Send a message via MSN to LordAbsol
Default Re: Multi qouting.

And if your wondering how to post qoutes in a qoute in a qoute?

thats done like this only exchanging banana brakets for square ones

(quote author=persons name link=topic=2514.msg39300#msg39300 date=1100473859)

(quote author=persons name link=topic=2514.msg39300#msg39300 date=1100473859)


(quote author=persons name link=topic=2514.msg39300#msg39300 date=1100473859)
(/quote)
(quote author=persons name link=topic=2514.msg39300#msg39300 date=1100473859)
(/quote)


(/quote)

(/quote)

Look above this you might get what im on about.....

Text is similer. having a strike in the middle of coloured text
once again exchanging the banana brakets for the squar ones

e.g

This is what i mean
(color=Orange)Thi(s)s is what i m(/s)ean(/color)


__________________
[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
Vote for Tau Online[br]Before me grasp does drain thy life, I pray thee, Beg of thy God for their forgivness, for only then will me grasp upon you siece. [br]
Can you see this this!!!!! WORD
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
LordAbsol is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H/W Multi-tracker for FW rider_eragon Tau 4 05 Nov 2008 20:51
Multi-use Guns Thor{DoH} Orks 2 17 Jul 2007 13:34
Multi-tracker question ragnarokalok Tau 1 23 Jan 2007 04:07
what to do with multi-meltas! Death-Merchant The Inquisition 1 30 Dec 2006 03:50
Multi-Melta Aunshi General 40K 6 13 Jul 2005 21:45