Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Galleries
Closed Thread
Old 10 Nov 2004, 16:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Galleries

I've been trying the last 20 minutes to create a User gallery and upload files to the general Tau photo gallery. I can't get either to work. The process is very unclear to me. All I can say is it appears to do group uploads fine, but when assigning to a gallery I get a "database error".

I'm not the smartest guy, but the process on the current galleries is really different from most boards.

Is it possible to use a different system or at lesat see if the current one functions correctly?

TIA
Old 10 Nov 2004, 17:13   #2 (permalink)
Aun'O

Default Re: Galleries

Hello,
People have already uploaded photos to the galleries, and Coppermine is a well-known company, they wouldn't distribute a faulty software version.. I'm sorry to say this (As it is really annoying to hear) but it sounds like it's an error on your end.. What exactly happens when uploading photos? You choose a picture, upload it, click continue, fill in the details about the photo and choose what album to insert it into, and then it says database error?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That is correct.

I certainly acknowledge(d) user area as a possibility. Perhaps it is happening become I use a Mac, although I used Firefox?

I still find the process much more different than what I have used on similar systems such as megabbs, vBulletin, or Manila/Radio use for their gallery creation.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 00:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

It could be Firefox, when I uploaded last time, I think it was using IE
Although, it may have just been the database stuffing up at the time..
Old 16 Nov 2004, 17:39   #5 (permalink)
Aun'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal'yth Dude
That is correct.

I certainly acknowledge(d) user area as a possibility. Perhaps it is happening become I use a Mac, although I used Firefox?

I still find the process much more different than what I have used on similar systems such as megabbs, vBulletin, or Manila/Radio use for their gallery creation.
I use firefox, the galleries work for me.. maybe, as De.mAce said, it was just the database messing up at the time you were online, it sounds like. Also what gallery software do you like the most? I doubt it'd happen, but it's possible that I'd convert the galleries to some other software package.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 21:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Commissar Elvis Send a message via MSN to Commissar Elvis

The database itself should be platform/browser-independent. It's most likely running on a Windows web server, but exactly because they're a decent outfit, it should have no issues with either Macs or real browsers. Databases are tricky, fickle things to get set up and they don't always work magically. Databases can become corrupt, there is a whole host of issues that crop up with them...user-friendly self-maintaining wonder apps they are not.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, cross the Kosmos, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.
Don't know where we're goin' til we get there. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
Old 18 Nov 2004, 16:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thank you all for the replies. I know the client shouldn't impact the server-side, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention what I was using.

I suspect it was/is a database cockup but it was still frustrating trying for what seemed an eternity (probably really only 15-20 minutes).

For me the main stumbling blocks are creating the different galleries and trying to distinguish between your personal galleries and the ones created by the admins.

FWIW, I prefer PhotoPost PHP.

Cheers!
Old 18 Nov 2004, 16:29   #8 (permalink)
Aun'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal'yth Dude
Thank you all for the replies. I know the client shouldn't impact the server-side, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention what I was using.

I suspect it was/is a database cockup but it was still frustrating trying for what seemed an eternity (probably really only 15-20 minutes).

For me the main stumbling blocks are creating the different galleries and trying to distinguish between your personal galleries and the ones created by the admins.

FWIW, I prefer PhotoPost PHP.

Cheers!
I agree that creating personal galleries are hard to create, although it's easy to tell between personal and admin created galleries, isn't it? What theme are you using? Also PhotoPost PHP does look good, although it's more than I'd wish to spend :P
Tau Online
Old 18 Nov 2004, 21:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I think my main problem was my gallery editing controls are at the top of the page while the universal gallery controls are right above my personal gallery controls. I could tell by the drop down in the top right I only had one gallery.

I guess you won't be running MegaBBS' gallery functions either. ;D

I'll cope and thanks again for the replies.

Cheers