Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What do you love about Tau Online, and what do you Hate?
Closed Thread
Old 26 Oct 2004, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

Default What do you love about Tau Online, and what do you Hate?

Tell us what you love about Tau Online so we can try and do it more, and tell us what you hate about Tau Online so we can also do it more...

I mean less.* Yeah thats it less >

Make helpfull coments etc. So we can try and make the forums a better place to be.

I never lose, I choose not to win.

There are two types of people, those who like chocolate and communists.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 18:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Commissar Elvis Send a message via MSN to Commissar Elvis
Default Re: What do you love about Tau Online, and what do you Hate?

I love that it seems to be a great place to exchange ideas, show off models, and general "B.S." about Warhammer 40,000 with a great group of guys (and gals?).

What do I hate? Nothing. What do I dislike so far? A couple things. I'm not a big fan of how strictly the posting of stats, that may be the key to a rules question, is controlled (I do, however, realize that this is because of the GW Copyright Nazis, not necessarily because of Tau Online itself). I'm not a big fan of the mild censorship undertaken by word filters and the mods themselves. I understand that there are kids on here and that we can't go cussing up a storm, but the occasional bit of strong language is not something that should be heralded as a supreme breach of the peace, etc. The FCC is currently operating well outside of its Constitutional boundaries at this point, and I feel like this whole censorship issue has begun to permeate everything, including the Internet, which I find to be very disappointing.

Final verdict - I really like Tau Online and I'm glad I found it. There's room for improvement, in my opinion, of course, but isn't there always? Thanks for running a great forum. ;D

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, cross the Kosmos, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.
Don't know where we're goin' til we get there. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
Old 26 Oct 2004, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

You dare speak against Tau Online. Oh you are so baned for that. ;D

Your first point about the stat rules: Yes you are right, TO dosn't want to get sued, and I don't blame him. So sorry theres nothing we can do about this.

And I second your second point (no pun intended)

Old 26 Oct 2004, 19:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Commissar Elvis Send a message via MSN to Commissar Elvis

I don't blame TO, either. And I did figure out that I could check the "show censored words" button in my profile, which I did. So point 2 is only half as bad now. ^-^

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, cross the Kosmos, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.
Don't know where we're goin' til we get there. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
Old 26 Oct 2004, 19:28   #5 (permalink)
GOD
Shas'El

Well there you go I didn't know that existed.

Old 26 Oct 2004, 19:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, it's in the "Look and Feel" or whatever portion (where you change themes). So for all you pinko potty-mouths like myself, you can change it. ;D

Old 26 Oct 2004, 20:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

hmmmmm what do I like.......ME! no I don't :'(

I like the people here, yes even RayJ and Kangeroo Joe.......but not that dirty monkey! >
It is a great place to sit and talk ideas with some people.

Hate, well haven't found anything yet.......although elflord's signature makes my computer slow? :'( but I think that is because I have a crap computer :-\

otherwise all sweet!

just my two cents....
Old 26 Oct 2004, 20:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

I love the whole thing. Especially that GMod called Del. Great Guy.
Anyway, FCC has NO rights here AT ALL as far as I care as TO is British. the only people who can legally tell TO to censor this place are HM government or the EU, I think.
Monekyking: You have Broadband or dial-Up?
Old 26 Oct 2004, 22:31   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I love the fact it's English. I get so sick of US sights where you get some smart-alec saying "I have the right to free speach, so you can't censor me!"

Don't work here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 26 Oct 2004, 23:12   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

I like the fact that we can crack a joke (like Del did - good un). Anyway, TO's bad points... Hmmm, firstly, it has begun to dominate the world yet which is bad and the fact that there aren't any ppl from GW that have registered that we know about so that we can pester them with hundreds of questions...

Oh and the fact that nearly all are willing to help if we can which can't be beaten!
Closed Thread